Thread: Doomsday Lite! As Seen On TV!

Doomsday Lite! As Seen On TV!

I love Jack Perry.

By Jack Perry

August 23, 2016

I actually did a bit of “Cold War archaeology” and discovered that American fallout shelters were stocked with the following: Huge tins of graham crackers, smaller tins of hard candy-colored yellow and pink, cardboard barrel toilets with rolls of paper and blue sanitizer inside, Geiger counters, dosimeters, and cases of canned water. That’s it! No drugs like the government generously provided themselves with. And we only know about the Xanax. I bet they had some other stuff, too, as a result of police confiscations. Right, and we were supposed to stay in that rat hole for two weeks with graham crackers for supper and a cardboard barrel to crap in. Thanks, Civil Defense! And this group of geniuses became FEMA, by the way.

Physical Gold & Silver in your IRA. Get the Facts.

I noticed that the German government has connected this prep scheme to Islamic terrorism. So, why ten days? Is that the projected days of taking cover from fallout, down from the two weeks of the Cold War? In other words, do they think someone has gotten a hold of some fissile material, a suitcase nuke, or maybe just found some highly radioactive material that can be assembled into a “dirty bomb”? Now if that is the case, you can bet your bottom Doomsday Dollar that our government won’t tell us that. They’ll wait until the weapon has been used and thousands are dead before saying, “Oh, we know who did it!” just a scant few hours after the attack. Like they’ve done in every attack. Kind of makes you wonder, doesn’t it?

I remember the Y2K freak-out where Americans thought a simple calendar click would manifest the End Times for us. Sadly, we forgot that it was only the Western calendar that did this. Lunar calendars were still in a different year. My co-workers said, “Are you ready for Y2K??!! Have you got food stockpiled??!” I said, no, I don’t need to stockpile food. I’ve got 100 arrows, 2 good longbows, and I know where all my neighbors’ dogs are. They’ll stop feeding the pooch early on and I’ll turn out great German Shepherd Jambalaya and Delta Dog Gumbo directly. Hey, with the right spices, everything is possible.

But I am still wondering what the German government thinks while ours is going into overtime telling us, “Hey, it’s all good, no worries, we’ve got this under control despite two major shooting attacks within the United States…” Well, I’m ready. Food water, plenty of tobacco, Bible, books, spices (you never know and dogs are more popular than ever), playing cards, poker chips, and other such necessities that the government attempts to control, tax, or regulate. I don’t think ISIS, Inc. can have more than maybe one or two nuclear devices unless the CIA had time to spirit them a couple more via clandestine arms shipments to the “Syrian moderates”. So I don’t think we’ll need to hole up more than two weeks tops. It won’t be Doomsday. I know, I know: Aw, shucks! But we might wish it was once the government pops the cork on the Patriot Act and declares martial law.

Maybe nothing will happen. Everyone will remain blissfully engrossed in cell phone conversations and walking into traffic, watching reality shows about hyper-modified celebrities, and the government will return to nagging us about enrolling in ObamaCare. But maybe ISIS is ready to try and top al-Qaida and become the new celebrity of international terrorism. Be that as it may, I am shocked that the government hasn’t used this opportunity to resurrect Civil Defense and then have another federal agency to dump billions of dollars into. Plus another method to force people to enroll in another government program by stipulating everyone has to buy into Civil Defense and have government-approved supplies on hand. Usually, our government never misses a chance to spend more money and force another draconian law or “program” upon us.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/08/...doomsday-lite/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bet that canned water is really good with the pink candies .

I have coffee , spring water , well water , sassafras tea , 100 proof 6 yr old Bourbon , canned milk , Kahlua , Vodka , smoked oysters , tuna , olives . They can keep the crackers .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have coffee , spring water , well water , sassafras tea , 100 proof 6 yr old Bourbon , canned milk , Kahlua , Vodka , smoked oysters , tuna , olives . They can keep the crackers .
    I have wine, ammo, prescription painkillers, and lube.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I have wine, ammo, prescription painkillers, and lube.
    Excellent , I also have wine & ammo .

When I looked at one of those shelters, back in the '60s, I saw huge bottles of Phenobarbital. Guess they were planning to keep people drugged down.
    Oh and that candy, it makes your poop come out in different colors. I know, I tried some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    When I looked at one of those shelters, back in the '60s, I saw huge bottles of Phenobarbital. Guess they were planning to keep people drugged down.
    Oh and that candy, it makes your poop come out in different colors. I know, I tried some of it.
    *sniffs*

Really? I gotta try some of that stuff.

Actual sassafras ? Isn't that stuff banned because it gives you cancer ?
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Actual sassafras ? Isn't that stuff banned because it gives you cancer ?
    Yeah I just dig my own roots , I have lots of those trees on some of my properties , the FDA has banned commercial sale of the oil in the US . The County South East of me even has a festival once a yr . The leaves are used to dress open wounds with in the absence of anything else. When I was younger , it was used as flavoring in Root Beer .

Yeah I just dig my own roots , I have lots of those trees on some of my properties , the FDA has banned commercial sale of the oil in the US . The County South East of me even has a festival once a yr . The leaves are used to dress open wounds with in the absence of anything else. When I was younger , it was used as flavoring in Root Beer .
    I know. It's a shame real root beer can't be made anymore, commercially at least.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    LOL , no way I am trying that candy .

Have the Germans made the public announcement yet about everyone being prepared with 10 days rations ?

Have the Germans made the public announcement yet about everyone being prepared with 10 days rations ?
    Tomorrow...err...today?

Germans Will Be Asked to Stockpile Food and Water ‘in Case of a Catastrophe’

According to a report by German broadcaster Deutsche Welle (DW), citing the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung newspaper, the move would be the first of its kind since the end of the Cold War.

The proposal is reportedly contained in a government civil-defense-strategy document, which says that people should stock 10 days worth of food and a sufficient supply of water, energy, money and medicine that would allow them to stay put long enough for the government to respond.

Further details about Germany’s civil-defense strategy will be released on Wednesday, DW says, adding that its release comes amid “a raft of new security measures in the country.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/germans-a...044757109.html

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Storing 10 days of energy would be a challenge for an apartment dweller .