Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millenials in Chicago Encounter the Criminal Element

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Ah $#@!, I had to deal people like that all the time when I worked in downtown Atlanta. A lot of times, I had to walk to my car by myself, 5 blocks, in the hood - I soon realized the best way to deal with crazies it to act crazier. When I thought someone was following me, I would look at them and start yelling at them. They usually called me a crazy bitch but they left me alone. YMMV
    Did you ever go by Metro Mall? The front side is on Peachtree, back side is by the MARTA terminal on Marietta. It is a mini mall where you can get fake Air Jordans, bootleg CDs, weaves, gold teeth and a fish samich.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    "I was like a baller cause I grabbed my husband's shoe that came off in the struggle and jumped in the car!"
    I just lost my last brain cell reading this.
    I am the spoon.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Did you ever go by Metro Mall? The front side is on Peachtree, back side is by the MARTA terminal on Marietta. It is a mini mall where you can get fake Air Jordans, bootleg CDs, weaves, gold teeth and a fish samich.

Five Points Station. I worked between Five Points and Peachtree Center.

Hell yeah! I actually went last year when I took the kids downtown to do an escape room on Broad Street. We ate at my favorite joint (Rosa'a Pizza) and stopped in the Gold Toof store to check out their wares. I have a gold tooth, btw. It's a fake one that slips over your real tooth. My brother gave it to me for Christmas one year. He went there to buy himself a purple suit to wear in Vegas - you can't just buy a purple pimp suit anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Last time I was at Five Points, it was maybe 20 years ago. There were a couple head shops, a record store and a bunch of hackey sack people hanging around. The people I was with told me there was 1 rule- if someone comes up to you trying to sell you some drugs, walk away.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Last time I was at Five Points, it was maybe 20 years ago. There were a couple head shops, a record store and a bunch of hackey sack people hanging around. The people I was with told me there was 1 rule- if someone comes up to you trying to sell you some drugs, walk away.
    Meh, it didn't bother me. I felt pretty safe when I wasn't carrying a purse.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

The Gold Teeth store at Metro Mall. That place is a blast.

What the heck were you doin' hanging out at Metro Mall, CPU'd? I was innocently shopping for gold teeth but you have some 'splanin' to do.

I wasn't sure where the apostrophe goes in 'splainin' so I just put one at both end to be safe.

As wild as the videos are, the craziest thing about them is that about 2 out of 10 Atlantans actually know where that place is. Pretty, much you’d have to be a certain type of cat to know that the Metro Mall exist, or have any business being in there to begin with.

The Metro Mall is a spot that is smack dab in the middle of Downtown Atlanta. The word “mall” is used loosely though. It’s really more of a flea market if anything. I used to go down there around 10-12 years ago to get the latest hood t-shirts, mixtapes or those red/black/green wristbands when they were in style. Other folks would go there to get grills or to get their J’s or sneakers customized or their cell phones fixed or jailbroke.

If you were to walk to the right, you would see the Metro Mall. Most people don’t walk down there. One, because beggars are always begging. Two, trappers are always trapping. If you are neither one of those, you really don’t have much of a reason to be down there. Hell, I don’t dress the same way I used to dress 10-12 years ago and I get most of my mixtapes off the internet now, so I have no business being down there. The only time I even find myself walking past it is if I’m headed to Peters Street. If you feel you belong down there, that’s on you.

http://mauricegarland.com/2013/02/th...ll-cop-videos/

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The Gold Teeth store at Metro Mall. That place is a blast.

One of the problems the owner/managers had with the mall is that it's the only place for 2 or 3 blocks where you can walk through from the bus station out to Peachtree. To sell dope, the dealer walks in one side and the customer comes in from the other, make the transaction and keep walking out opposite sides. So it looks like they are just passing through. They hired security to stop the drug activity because the crack heads would be in there causing problems with the customers. The guy who made the youtube videos was the security guard for a while, he always wore body cams to cover his ass. Somehow the video where he tazed the woman got out and went viral, so he started posting other videos to show the whole story. What he would do is when he catch one coming in, he makes them go back out the door they came in, they were not so happy with him about that.

The other problem is with the guys hanging out front- most of them were banned from coming inside, but what they do is set up by the door and run a version of the 3-card monty scam on tourists. The manager want the people to come inside and spend the money, not get scammed before they come in, so he would bust up that activity when they are on the front of the property. Those guys wre not very happy with him when he did that:

Last edited by CPUd; 08-28-2016 at 11:23 AM.

Diversity.

WTF are they crying about?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    WTF? I now understand why lesbianism is the latest rage. I felt sorry for the wife. If this is what women get to choose as far as men go, she got ripped off big time.
    Probably one of the few guys that could put up with listening to her.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He says his Dad told him he should have clocked him after the first punch. Uh....yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Diversity.

WTF are they crying about?
    Not having enough testosterone. When the race wars come, we will see these heads on sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Not having enough testosterone. When the race wars come, we will see these heads on sticks.
    That's where they belong...

Not in some boardroom babbling about trust-fund stock options..

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I have no idea who would actually sit through that.
    I did not sit through it. I am outside doing some stuff and it was playing in the background. Guy got his wallet stolen, moved back to Arizona. Heh.

I loe the fact that her Dad flew out to Arizona to come help protect them while they moved back out. Part of me is jealous, because my Dad is/was never like that. But honestly, when she said she was standing watch holding a cell phone, I thought, "That's not what I would have been holding." I didn't own guns at that age, but when I lived alone in sketchy neighborhoods I had big knives stashed in all kinds of places.

If anybody had broken and raped me in my bed, I might have died but the SOB would have had a big ass knife sticking out of his side. I seriously practiced that. Back was too awkward, and the abdomen is softer.

What made them victims? My guess is acting like tourists. Eye contact, conversation with strangers....might as well wear a huge target on your back.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    That's where they belong...

Not in some boardroom babbling about trust-fund stock options..
    He flips houses for a living. And wears a bracelet. I can mock them all I want, but they're making more money working 25% as hard. Killing me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12