Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Paul says stopping Hillary Clinton is reason to vote for Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    You sound reasonable.

The handful of people in charge are getting very very picky about what kinds of President they find acceptable. They certainly wanted Clinton v Bush. Trump was more acceptable than Rand Paul, and when Paul was dispatched, they guessed that Trump would fold, and Bush would take it. But Trump didn't fold. And now we're at Clinton v Trump, one who is fully 100% acceptable, and the other who is not 100% acceptable. So, non stop attacks on Trump.

Some have this theory that anything that isn't Ron Paul (maybe not even Rand Paul) is virtually identical, that there are no differences between the 2 candidates. With Romney, the 2 were awfully close. With Trump, they're not close. Hillary is an evil Stalinist who should be in jail for a long time. You never hear about people who are pissing Obama off ending up dead. You do with Hillary, a lot, and you did when Bill was President. The Clintons are psychopaths. We disagree on policy with Obama, but there's little sense of a reign of terror. Trump's an actor, who really doesn't have the means at his disposal to be some sort of authoritarian Dictator. He has no idea what he's doing. He pretends to be a tough guy because polls indicate that's the way he should act. Hillary is a dictator, you don't see bodies piling up around Trump. Trump could be another Carter, by himself, isolated. But it's Hillary who is directly taking instruction from Soros, as the leaked emails indicate. Rothschild gave Soros most of the money he started his investment career with in the 1960s. Rothschild to Soros to Clinton, and Clinton is a psychopath who appears to be losing her mind. Bribery, blackmail, threats, murder - that's Hillary Clinton. Trump is a tv star and a real estate developer. The worst thing about him is that he didn't have the good sense in the past to steer clear of Hillary Clinton. That doesn't make him anywhere near as bad as Clinton. And the word noises coming out of his mouth sometimes sound good. He's at least making anti war word noises with his mouth. I mean, if you're old enough you know that you're got ever getting anything good - it's always getting worse - but Hillary is evil, and Trump might just be buffoon.
    Americans online don't really say things in the manner that's highlighted in blue. The rest can be true somewhat, but reasoning in the manner that you do may indicate that you're not American. Should people start trusting non-Americans? Even foreign intelligence agencies?
    Last edited by vonMises; 08-27-2016 at 03:43 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Why you not like her.
    She is just one more government expense we don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Why you not like her.
    Well the same way in which people don't like Hezbollah, perhaps? Something that you've peddled a couple of times because you're not American... I think you need to get the memo (note sarcasm) that they were blamed for blowing up 241 American peace-keeping soldiers in an unprovoked attack. But they're against ISIS so they must be good, but everyone already is against ISIS in some way. Shouldn't you praise US CENTCOM too?

I haven't read the whole thread, but sometimes I think we don't know everything that goes on in Washington. As disappointed as I am in this election cycle, it helps me feel better about Rand that he is keeping his word, somewhat. Again, we don't know what it took for the establishment to stop the open opposition of Donald Trump, so I have a nagging feeling that something else is going on. This may be Rand's clue to his base that something is afoot.

It's just something to think about.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    Americans online don't really say things in the manner that's highlighted in blue. The rest can be true somewhat, but reasoning in the manner that you do may indicate that you're not American. Should people start trusting non-Americans? Even foreign intelligence agencies?

I have no idea what you're talking about except that I can assure you that I'm American 100%. Mayflower.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about except that I can assure you that I'm American 100%. Mayflower.
    I am going to say parocks is more invested in American politics on this site than VonMises, 07er with over 10K posts, the other guy less than 200.

Tenor Cred goes to parocks.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Just a thought: Rand, of all people, should openly support Trump. This is politics, after all, and both of them have been, um, snubbed by establishment Republicans. If Trump wins, I think he will pretty much fire everyone who, um, snubbed him. Rand is someone we want to keep. We want him to be someone Trump will use toward a good end.
    Last edited by euphemia; 11-01-2016 at 08:52 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

Rand would be spending most his time attacking people in Trump's administration, like Sec of State Tom Cotton, DHS Guiliani, AG Christie, Sec of Treasury Steve Mnuchin, Sec of Commerce Bob Corker, ...
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Just a thought: Rand, of all people, should openly support Trump. This is politics, after all, and both of them have been, um, snubbed by establishment Republicans. If Trump wins, I think he will pretty much fire everyone who, um, snubbed him. Rand is someone we want to keep. We want him to be someone Trump will use toward a good end.
    Damn straight. They're both non interventionists, just look at how the neo cons attack Trump.

Ron disagrees with Rand on this one. http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ron-.../04/id/727244/

Ron Paul: I Won't Vote For Trump

Ron Paul says he won't vote for presumed Republican nominee Donald Trump in the presidential elections, even if it meant it would hand the election to Democratic front-runer Hillary Clinton.

The former Republican congressman who ran for president with the Libertarian Party in 1988 said that it would not matter who won when he was asked in an appearance on the Morning with Maria Bartiromo Program on Fox Business Network.

Paul, who was also a candidate in the Republican primaries of 2008 and 2012, said neither candidate offers any solutions to the serious problems that the country faces and that "control of the system is much bigger than the political parties."

When pressed if he was not going to cast a ballot at all in November, Paul said he would vote for an alternative but declined to give a name, saying "There's bound to be somebody that believes in something that comes closer to what the American tradition is all about and free markets. I'm not going to vote for tariffs. It would be pretty hard for me to do that."
    But Rand did say he would support whomever the party nominates and he is keeping his word. He may need the party support himself if he runs again next time. Ron doesn't have to worry about any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron disagrees with Rand on this one. http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ron-.../04/id/727244/

But Rand did say he would support whomever the party nominates and he is keeping his word. He may need the party support himself if he runs again next time. Ron doesn't have to worry about any of that.
    He also supported the Iron Dome Boondoggle..

Which was big bucks for somebody other than me.

And it did nothing for America. only benefiting foreign agents.

lost me there. kinda anti- American.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Those of us not excessively wrapped in sentimentality can easily see the degradation of Ron Paul's mental faculties since the 2012 election.

As much respect as I had for him back then, today I find him to be nothing more than another doddering old fool succumbing to dementia.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Damn straight. They're both non interventionists, just look at how the neo cons attack Trump.
    oh you changed your tune? Welcome on the Trump's Train!

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Those of us not excessively wrapped in sentimentality can easily see the degradation of Ron Paul's mental faculties since the 2012 election.

As much respect as I had for him back then, today I find him to be nothing more than another doddering old fool succumbing to dementia.
    He reminds me of my grand father who wouldn't use a computer. because well it was a computer and you are supposed to write letters with a pen. The poor guy died choking unable to breathe on hospital bed from Parkinson/Senility.

When I get old, THAT won't happen to me. I am free to jump from a Cliff. Always wondered to experience death consciously . Roman style.
    Last edited by Mordan; 11-02-2016 at 05:58 AM.

I always preferred writing letters with a pen, myself. I don't know why. It just seems more personal.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    When I get old, THAT won't happen to me. I am free to jump from a Cliff. Always wondered to experience death consciously . Roman style.
    Well what if you survive the jump? You'll be all kinds of $#@!ed up, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I always preferred writing letters with a pen, myself. I don't know why. It just seems more personal.
    well it was an example. He refused to see any value in it. He never used one. Senility must suck. I hope I won't get it.

Someone has to work with Trump if he's elected. The first 100 days will require political courage like has rarely been seen. Rand has shown such courage, and Trump will need him.
    #NashvilleStrong

He reminds me of my grand father who wouldn't use a computer. because well it was a computer and you are supposed to write letters with a pen. The poor guy died choking unable to breathe on hospital bed from Parkinson/Senility.

Spoken like a youngster who's still invincible...

I've rode wild horses, bulls and women, drunk enough to float a battleship and consumed more drugs than you've probably seen on the evening news, drove insanely fast motorcycles and cars, floated rivers in flood stage and many other fool-hardy endeavors...

That said I want to go out either settling scores or in a drug induced stupor but certainly not "jumping off a cliff".....

oh you changed your tune? Welcome on the Trump's Train!
    It's too hard to resist the alpha male.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Well what if you survive the jump? You'll be all kinds of $#@!ed up, then.
    TrumpCare, which will replace ObamaCare after Trump repeals it, will doctor him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    It's too hard to resist the alpha male.
    Last test. the Cyborg CTR test.

says bad things about the Queen.

Hillary for Prison!

Do I pass the test??!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Still Not Voting for the "Lesser of Two Evils"

I like Sen. Rand Paul a lot, and I adore many of his positions, but that advice of his is not one of them. He is simply wrong to use "boogeyman tactics" in order to scare people into voting for the "lesser of two evils." Donald Trump will not change the status quo in Washington, D.C., if he is elected. Trump is just as much of an advocate for big government as Hillary Clinton is.

Sen. Paul wants to "defeat the Washington machine," but then he endorses sending a man into the machine who will just "rearrange its gears." Whether it's Trump or Clinton, whichever of them wins, we all still lose.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    I like Sen. Rand Paul a lot, and I adore many of his positions, but that advice of his is not one of them. He is simply wrong to use "boogeyman tactics" in order to scare people into voting for the "lesser of two evils." Donald Trump will not change the status quo in Washington, D.C., if he is elected. Trump is just as much of an advocate for big government as Hillary Clinton is.

Sen. Paul wants to "defeat the Washington machine," but then he endorses sending a man into the machine who will just "rearrange its gears." Whether it's Trump or Clinton, whichever of them wins, we all still lose.
    so what do you advice? The Anarchist Machine? The Libertarian Machine? I don't like it. I came here expressing my views and got insulted and even my first 2015 post was closed because Purists crapped on it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345