Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul says stopping Hillary Clinton is reason to vote for Donald Trump

Paul says stopping Hillary Clinton is reason to vote for Donald Trump

MAYSVILLE – U.S. Sen. Rand Paul told an overflow crowd at the Rotary Club in Maysville on Thursday morning that he’s had his differences with GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump, but he solidly supports him in his race against Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

The stop was part of Paul’s town hall meeting schedule which he’s held across the state to talk to, and hear from voters.

Paul told the crowd that’s it’s important to pull together behind Trump because the alternative is Clinton.

“We now have a comparison between Hillary Clinton and her husband who have grown rich over government service,” Paul said. “Selling themselves and selling their speeches.
    More: http://mycn2.com/politics/paul-says-...r-donald-trump

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I stand with Rand. I really can't imagine a more crooked person being president than Hillary Clinton. Regardless of all of the valid criticisms of Trump, Hillary is the worst by far.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

In the second video, Rand says he understands voting for the Libertarian candidate to send a message. I would add that in either a hard core red or blue state, everyone should vote for a party other than Dem/Rep. For instance, no one can say that a vote for Johnson or Castle in California helps Hillary. Hillary is winning California no matter what.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-23-2016 at 12:44 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

He kept getting Trump supporters crashing the QA sessions at his town hall events and trolling him, I am pretty sure that's why Rand changed his tone. This is strategically a better position to take since he already got to say everything he said. He even says that most the time when he is asked, he says its because of his pledge and that he is a man of his word.

Sen. Eric Brakey, R-Auburn, who is running for re-election in District 20, said voters are concerned about the top of the ticket. “It’s what’s on their minds, and what they want to talk about,” he said.
    Brakey, who supported Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s bid for the Republican nomination, said he’s candid with voters but doesn’t go out of his way to criticize Trump. Brakey, who also supported Ron Paul in 2012 over Mitt Romney, said he won’t tell people how to vote; it’s a decision for them to make.

A lot fuses will be blown today.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Luckily, I own stock in fuses.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Well, I refuse to vote for Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Luckily, I own stock in fuses.
    What about gaskets?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about gaskets?
    I sell them.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I've got a gasket cutter.

My mind is, but not my fuse. I just wish it was ol' Rand up there against Hillary. He's dead wrong though. They are equals in my eyes with the exception that Trump wants trade wars, and his deportation plan (I understand his intentions on carrying through with that are now in question) will be a net negative to individual liberty-- meaning changing nothing is better then the changes he is offering. I think it sums up Trump pretty well, sure some places I'm sure he is better, but overall what he is offering is a more authoritarian style of government. Just my $.02 of course.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    My mind is, but not my fuse. I just wish it was ol' Rand up there against Hillary. He's dead wrong though. They are equals in my eyes with the exception that Trump wants trade wars, and his deportation plan (I understand his intentions on carrying through with that are now in question) will be a net negative to individual liberty-- meaning changing nothing is better then the changes he is offering. I think it sums up Trump pretty well, sure some places I'm sure he is better, but overall what he is offering is a more authoritarian style of government. Just my $.02 of course.
    Yeah this was enough to piss off everyone in 2012, but after 2016 everyone will remember Rand in the debates not Rand pandering to Trump supporters that show up to his town halls. Rand knows he needs all republicans to vote for him, and Trump does too now. I bet the Trump schilling will increase 10 fold in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Yeah this was enough to piss off everyone in 2012, but after 2016 everyone will remember Rand in the debates not Rand pandering to Trump supporters that show up to his town halls. Rand knows he needs all republicans to vote for him, and Trump does too now. I bet the Trump schilling will increase 10 fold in the coming months.
    ufff that is a horrid thought, but I don't doubt it is true.

I wonder if it is strategic or if he really believes it. I get the feeling he really believes it, same with Massie. The part that I cannot understand is if they are seeing the bigger picture greater than I in regards to the election or I greater than them. Short of them joining us here though it is a question that will remain unanswered! And maybe Rand's true intent is going right over my head.

Oh boy. Do I love people tying them selves in knots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

I have three of these protecting my incoming lines;

Last edited by tod evans; 08-23-2016 at 05:01 AM.

Sorry, never going to happen. I want to stop both Clinton and Trump.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once again, Rand does the right thing. "I signed a pledge saying I'd support the Republican nominee, whoever that was." And then criticizes Hillary.

He is smart to refrain from using the name, "Trump" when speaking about endorsements. Just refers to him as "the nominee". He's working hard to make sure there is no clip of him saying, "I support Donald Trump" And then he goes on to say, "Voting third party is one way of sending a message to both parties."

My sense is that Rand will come out of 2016, better than he did after endorsing Romney.

But you gotta love how the link in the OP and the clip titles insert phrases that were not uttered.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I honestly don't care if people are voting for Trump. What bothers me though are the people who undermine Rand while pumping Trump. Thomas Massie for example is supporting Trump, but he didn't spend the past year undermining his campaign.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    You're sure gonna look smart when "none of the above" actually gets elected President.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Last edited by RJB; 08-23-2016 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    And duct tape too.
    Fiber Fix is where it's at.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6290398
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Would it be more fun to 'fiber-fix' Billery-n-Trump's mouths or $#@!'s?

End result is the same...........

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Block, Massie and Rand now. The acolytes are running out of people to blame.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about gaskets?
    And duct tape too.

Stopping Hillary Does Not Stop Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

It's the same reasoning used to justify voting for the lesser of two evils. We hear it over and over during every Presidential election cycle. Donald Trump is evil, just as Hillary Clinton is evil. Nothing is going to change with either of them in the Oval Office, and even Dr. Ron Paul recognizes that.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    It's the same reasoning used to justify voting for the lesser of two evils. We hear it over and over during every Presidential election cycle. Donald Trump is evil, just as Hillary Clinton is evil. Nothing is going to change with either of them in the Oval Office, and even Dr. Ron Paul recognizes that.
    +rep

In the second video, Rand says he understands voting for the Libertarian candidate to send a message. I would add that in either a hard core red or blue state, everyone should vote for a party other than Dem/Rep. For instance, no one can say that a vote for Johnson or Castle in California helps Hillary. Hillary is winning California no matter what.
    Exactly! And I'm voting Castle. (Johnson lost me with the carbon tax and other examples of abject stupidity and rejection of liberty. The libertarian party needs to get the message that the answer to the lesser of two evils is not to introduce a third.)

That said, it's not at all surprising that Rand endorsed Trump and didn't qualify his statement with a "Vote 3rd party if it's safe" argument. I mean....he did endorse Romney.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Why? Rand endorsed Romney. Everyone knew he'd eventually endorse Trump. In fact the only surprise is that it took this long.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Another reason to vote Trump. They aren't even parsing their words any longer. The MIC is bold.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast