Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Grudgingly Considering A Lesser-Of-Two Evils Vote: Here's Why...

I'm Grudgingly Considering A Lesser-Of-Two Evils Vote: Here's Why...

I consider both Billary and The Donald to be extremely poor candidates, neither deserving of the presidency. My intention has been to vote 3rd Party.

But I am now considering voting for Trump solely to fight back against the unified establishment-mainstream media propaganda assault on a candidate that they don't approve of, but was duly nominated by the people. This strikes me as an opportunity to repudiate the press, which doesn't seem to exist as the "fourth estate" any longer. As well as the Republican establishment, which seems to not care what its voters mandate.

Is this a strategically ethical use of my vote? Or, would this simply be a case of getting sucked into the false left-right dog-and-pony show?

I considered voting for Obama in 2012 simply to punish the Republican Party and Romney. Ultimately, Ron Paul was yet again a registered write-in candidate in CA, so chose that option.
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-22-2016 at 04:18 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

You have to be intrigued about the potential ramifications?

Will the lugenpresse double down on their treachery?
    Will the petulant and infantile denizens of the inner cities literally try to burn everything down?
    Will the TPTB try to eliminate Trump?

It won't make a bit of difference either way. If you want to make a difference, vote for Johnson. Or if you want to make an uncompromising principle vote, you can probably get pretty close with Castle.

In the end, actually canvassing for someone, whether online or in the physical world will make much more difference than your vote.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

A candidate must earn your vote. If you don't feel strongly about the current candidates it's ok not to vote.

As for hurting those groups you dislike. It's short sighted to put your faith into a candidate to do that for you. Many people put their faith in GW Bush only to be disappointed. Many people put their faith in Obama only to be disappointed. Thus you must find ways to counter those groups in a different way, either on your own, or organizing with other people that think like you do.

If you put your hopes and faith into a candidate that hasn't earned your vote, it is likely for the outcome to be disappointment and a return to voter apathy which really sucks.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    A candidate must earn your vote. If you don't feel strongly about the current candidates it's ok not to vote.

As for hurting those groups you dislike. It's short sighted to put your faith into a candidate to do that for you. Many people put their faith in GW Bush only to be disappointed. Many people put their faith in Obama only to be disappointed. Thus you must find ways to counter those groups in a different way, either on your own, or organizing with other people that think like you do.

If you put your hopes and faith into a candidate that hasn't earned your vote, it is likely for the outcome to be disappointment and a return to voter apathy which really sucks.
    ^^THIS^^
    There is no spoon.

I don't have any good answers for you. The mainstream media is the most evil, god-awful force on the face of the earth, owned and operated by and for a very small group of powerful people. The fact that they are coming out swinging against Trump makes Trump look REALLY good. And that is why he is winning - only 6% of the population believes the mainstream media.

Obviously he is not a liberty candidate, he has some flaws, plus what if the elite know that the mainstream media is dead and the only way they can maintain power is by running a secret-squirrel candidate who is hated by the media (aka Trump)? It's just a theory, but it would be one of the most wild House of Cards type episodes ever.

I can't help but feel like as stupid as the mainstream media is, they still are controlled by a group of people playing a very strategic game of chess. I hate feeling manipulated into supporting candidates. No manipulation was required for me to support Ron or Rand Paul. I'm feeling manipulated into supporting Trump.....and I still don't plan on voting for him because I haven't pinned everything down, but every day I come here and read another one of CPUd's stupid threads it makes me want to vote for him more and more.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I don't have any good answers for you. The mainstream media is the most evil, god-awful force on the face of the earth, owned and operated by and for a very small group of powerful people. The fact that they are coming out swinging against Trump makes Trump look REALLY good. And that is why he is winning - only 6% of the population believes the mainstream media.

Obviously he is not a liberty candidate, he has some flaws, plus what if the elite know that the mainstream media is dead and the only way they can maintain power is by running a secret-squirrel candidate who is hated by the media (aka Trump)? It's just a theory, but it would be one of the most wild House of Cards type episodes ever.

I can't help but feel like as stupid as the mainstream media is, they still are controlled by a group of people playing a very strategic game of chess. I hate feeling manipulated into supporting candidates. No manipulation was required for me to support Ron or Rand Paul. I'm feeling manipulated into supporting Trump.....and I still don't plan on voting for him because I haven't pinned everything down, but every day I come here and read another one of CPUd's stupid threads it makes me want to vote for him more and more.
    Vote your conscience.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    the unified establishment-mainstream media propaganda assault on a candidate that they don't approve of, but was duly nominated by the people..
    "They hate us for our freedoms"

But I was careful to point out that I have faith in neither Trump nor Hillary. My vote in this case would be purely strategic as my minuscule push back against the (non)media and the establishment. I don't expect sound government from either Mrs. Clinton or Mr. Trump.
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-22-2016 at 04:46 PM.

But I was careful to point out that I have faith in neither Trump nor Hillary. My vote in this case would be purely strategic as establishment push back.
    That is completely logical. Attempt to deny that which the establishment desperately wants. Trump is only a part of this obstructive measure. You can at least have some fun with the limited choice that we have been given.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-22-2016 at 04:48 PM.

I consider both Billary and The Donald to be extremely poor candidates, neither deserving of the presidency. My intention has been to vote 3rd Party.

But I am now considering voting for Trump solely to fight back against the unified establishment-mainstream media propaganda assault on a candidate that they don't approve of, but was duly nominated by the people. This strikes me as an opportunity to repudiate the press, which doesn't seem to exist as the "fourth estate" any longer. As well as the Republican establishment, which seems to not care what its voters mandate.

Is this a strategically ethical use of my vote? Or, would this simply be a case of getting sucked into the false left-right dog-and-pony show?

I considered voting for Obama in 2012 simply to punish the Republican Party and Romney. Ultimately, Ron Paul was yet again a registered write-in candidate in CA, so chose that option.
    I had planned to follow the lead of Massie, Amash and Paul. But they divided up, so I have to make a choice. If there are any indicators that Trump has a shot at winning MI, I will probably vote for him. But since I doubt that will happen, I am voting Johnson because the LP needs to keep ballot access.

Great reply. Thanks. And, yes, I have always, and continue to, consider that Trump is a plant by the establishment and simply marketed as very anti-establishment to attract that voter segment and push independents toward the establishment Democrat.
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-22-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    That is completely logical. Attempt to deny that which the establishment desperately wants. Trump is only a part of this obstructive measure. You can at least have some fun with the limited choice that we have been given.
    You are too kind. I'll still likely check the box for Castle. If he doesn't make the ballot in CA I'll probably hold my nose and vote for Johnson (and the Council On Foreign Relations).
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-22-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I had planned to follow the lead of Massie, Amash and Paul. But they divided up, so I have to make a choice. If there are any indicators that Trump has a shot at winning MI, I will probably vote for him. But since I doubt that will happen, I am voting Johnson because the LP needs to keep ballot access.
    Ah, another logical vote strategy that prioritizes something other than a endorsing a specific candidate (future LP ballot access in your case). Thanks for posting.

You are too kind. I'll still likely check the box for Castle. If he doesn't make the ballot in CA I'll hold my nose and vote for Johnson (and the Council On Foreign Relations).
    Trump could be a fraud or he could be the real thing. I honestly don't know. And the people incessantly bashing Trump don't know either. Time and some serendipity will make that final determination.

However, it is quite revealing how the media and political establishment pulled out the stops for Hillary and abandoned any semablance of objectivity. What do THEY KNOW that we don't? Furthermore and more importantly, what do the intelligence agencies that dictate the mainstream media agenda, know that we don't?
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-22-2016 at 05:14 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't help but feel like as stupid as the mainstream media is, they still are controlled by a group of people playing a very strategic game of chess..
    The MSM are making a choice based on their own indoctrination. You are a not indoctrinated by anyone, and are not stupid.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I live in a state so red it would give it's elector votes to Magickarp (a very weak and lame Pokemon') if that was the GOP nominee so I'm voting Daryl Castle. (Gary Johnson has lost me with his abject stupidity as he lost me before in 2012 and Bob Barr lost in in 2008 for being abjectly stupid and horrid. I don't know why libertarians seem to pick the most unlibertarian candidates?) If I lived in a battleground state I would (gasp) vote for Trump because Hillary is so horrid and at this point we really need someone to push back against the past 8 years of Obama.

That said, I blame Trump for what's happening to his campaign more than the "liberal media." It was Trump who decided to make an issue out of the Khans. (Stupid! Abysmally stupid!) Trump should have instead called Hillary out on the carpet for lying to and then about the Benghazi families. (She's being sued for libel but who knows that?) Trump should be talking about Obama not letting in Christian refugees rather than rolling out "extreme vetting" plans that say you might be a terrorist if you don't support gay marriage like he does. And if Trump was going to go after Obama and Hillary for their role in the rise of ISIS, he shouldn't have poisoned the water by first calling them the "founders" of ISIS, then coming back and saying "Just kidding!" A very strong case can and should be made that the Hillary/Obama plan of supporting, arming and doing airstrikes for Al Qaeda linked jihadists in Syria and Libya is what opened the door for the rise of ISIS. Instead he pissed that away with cheap infowars.com style rhetoric. The man is a buffoon. Or maybe not. Maybe he's the Clinton's "manchurian candidate." I dunno.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Trump could be a fraud or he could be the real thing. I honestly don't know. And the people incessantly bashing Trump don't know either. Time and some serendipity will make that final determination.
    Here's what I do know. Bill Clinton in 2015 asked Donald Trump to "get involved with the GOP." That's admitted fact. Now why would Bill Clinton do that? To help the Republicans, or to help his wife? Anyway the die has been cast. Rand Paul should have been then nominee. Barring Rand it should have been Ted Cruz or Ben Carson. Now we're stuck with Trump, the person the Clintons put up to run, as the only hope to stop the Clintons. Heaven help us!

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Here's what I do know. Bill Clinton in 2015 asked Donald Trump to "get involved with the GOP." That's admitted fact. Now why would Bill Clinton do that? To help the Republicans, or to help his wife? Anyway the die has been cast. Rand Paul should have been then nominee. Barring Rand it should have been Ted Cruz or Ben Carson. Now we're stuck with Trump, the person the Clintons put up to run, as the only hope to stop the Clintons. Heaven help us!
    He was tickling Trump's ego. Trump was the long shot of long shots. Most of the serious candidates had seeded organizations that were at minimum two years old. Jeb Bush was supposed to be have the GOP nomination locked up if not for Trump.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-22-2016 at 05:38 PM.

LP should have nominated vince vaughn from dodgeball. He is a friend of ron paul. I bet he has more name recognition than gary johnson. Vote for the guy from dodgeball! Hehhe

He was tickling Trump's ego. Trump was the long shot of long shots. He had ran in 2008 and was essentially an afterthought. Most of the serious candidates had seeded organizations that were at minimum two years old. Jeb Bush was supposed to be have the GOP nomination locked up if not for Trump.
    Of course he was. But why? He knew Donald Trump would be a wrecking ball to anyone in the GOP that might have actually given Hillary a run for her money. Hillary would be losing right now if she was facing TV commercials like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Of course he was. But why? He knew Donald Trump would be a wrecking ball to anyone in the GOP that might have actually given Hillary a run for her money. Hillary would be losing right now if she was facing TV commercials like this.

Would she? The only two candidates who polled higher than Hillary in terms of RCP average were the uninspiring John Kasich and Marco Rubio. Secondly, the battle against Hillary goes far beyond just defining and beating Hillary Clinton by conventional means. If you want to defeat someone like HRC, you must delegitimize her many surrogates in the media.

while I agree with some of this I wonder how a new candidate can "earn" your vote. Unless they have a track record in Congress like the Paul's or a few other liberty members you have to base your vote on other things. Hillary has a proven track record in government of failure and criminality. The others running only have words and it seems everytime the speak they make me trust them less. If I was to vote on principles only I guess it would be castle. But since he is unable to win I will be basing my vote on other reasons. As of right now I will be voting for the person who has the best chance of beating Clinton. If I can help keep her out of the white house then I will be satisfied. Trump is disliked by both parties and that warms my heart. I most likely will be disappointed with Trump but no one knows for sure so I may be surprised. If Trump is only 10% in line with my views it is still better than hillary's 0% I cannot fathom having to hear from hillary for the next 4 years. I really wish Rand had remained in the mix, I think he would have been able to win if he had not gone out so early.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    LP should have nominated vince vaughn from dodgeball. He is a friend of ron paul. I bet he has more name recognition than gary johnson. Vote for the guy from dodgeball! Hehhe
    would have been a much better choice.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

The mainstream media is the most evil, god-awful force on the face of the earth, owned and operated by and for a very small group of powerful people.
    I don't disagree. However, would people be comfortable if trump established direct state control over the media after his election? Just a hypothetical.

Otherwise, what exactly would change about the MSM after a trump victory? Would they be weakened somehow? I'm not sure how supporting trump hurts the media. He's a cash infusion for them at the moment.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Would she? The only two candidates who polled higher that Hillary in terms of RCP average were the uninspiring John Kasich and Marco Rubio. Secondly, the battle against Hillary goes far beyond just defining and beating Hillary Clinton by conventional means. If you want to defeat someone like HRC, you must delegitimize her many surrogates in the media.
    Wrong. In February 2016 Cruz was beating Clinton 47.7 to 46.0. And he was climbing. What happened? The GOP wrecking ball Trump is what happened.

See: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-4034.html

Trump has consistently trailed Clinton. In May 2016 he head 43.4 to 43.2. That's a mere 0.2% lead! He peaked in July 2016 with 45.7 to 44.6. Note that Cruz almost had a 2% lead over Clinton at one time when the best Trump ever had was barely over a 1% lead.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5491.html

On top of that Cruz would not have done something so utterly stupid as to attack a Goldstar family.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    "They hate us for our freedoms"
    LOL

However you get to that decision, liberty wins. Well done.
    Last edited by adissa; 08-22-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast