Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animal vs Plant Protein -- muscle gains & mortality - [split]

Animal vs Plant Protein -- muscle gains & mortality - [split]

Are you still working out, Suz?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    Yes, just ask cows.
    I dont think steaks can talk .
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Are you still working out, Suz?
    Yes. I'm getting buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Damn. I was gonna try again with another cashier. Maybe I'll pick a teenage boy. They're the best cashiers. They never question my coupons or my bagging preferences.
    Suzi taking advantage of young boys, surprise, surprise.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Yes. I'm getting buff.

Heh. Good for you, Suz.

Heh. Good for you, Suz.
    I have some nice definition in my forearms.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Obviously, you've never dined at Milliways ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I don't think you know how rare I like my steak.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's something that I could never bring myself to try. Rare steak.

Anything above medium rare is blasphemy.. unless it is tri-tip, tri-tip is good medium rare but medium or even medium well is acceptable, that stuff is really juicy if you trim, cook and slice it properly.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I used to be like that, too, dannno. I used to say, just slap it on the ass and walk it by the fire, but pregnancy does strange things to a woman and I can't eat it rare anymore. With my first son, all I cared to eat was steak, salad, ice cream but the steak had to be well done. I could smell the warm blood and it made my stomach turn. *shudders* I never got past it. I'll go medium rare every once in awhile but it seems I've s8ttled on medium since the vomiting pregnancy. After you've been sick like that, it changes a person.

Just hold a match under mine........

If I screw up and get a steak even partially brown it goes to the dogs.

I used to be like that, too, dannno. I used to say, just slap it on the ass and walk it by the fire, but pregnancy does strange things to a woman and I can't eat it rare anymore. With my first son, all I cared to eat was steak, salad, ice cream but the steak had to be well done. I could smell the warm blood and it made my stomach turn. *shudders* I never got past it. I'll go medium rare every once in awhile but it seems I've s8ttled on medium since the vomiting pregnancy. After you've been sick like that, it changes a person.
    Ya, I had a friend who for years couldn't bring himself to eat spaghetti after he ate some spaghetti and then drank way too much.

loveshiscountry

You're not cooking them right.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Just hold a match under mine........

If I screw up and get a steak even partially brown it goes to the dogs.
    Dang, old man! Give me your brown steak. Some A1 and it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Are beans vegetables? Because I had a coupon at Kroger for .50 off 5 cans of Kroger vegetables and I bought 5 cans of black beans but they wouldn't take my coupon. The cashier said beans didn't count as vegetables.
    the cans were in the veggie aisle.. they count! damnit. If there's fine print on the coupon about being just corn, (which is a grain) peas (another legume) and green beans.. well call bull$#@!.

I miss Kroger...
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Dang, old man! Give me your brown steak. Some A1 and it's all good.
    If a "steak" needs sauce grind the damn thing up and put it on a bun...

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    the cans were in the veggie aisle.. they count! damnit. If there's fine print on the coupon about being just corn, (which is a grain) peas (another legume) and green beans.. well call bull$#@!.

I miss Kroger...
    FWIW, I would classify beans as fruit, along with corn and peas and grean beans... So I dont think Krogers was trying to jip you

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post

I miss Kroger...
    That's what I'm sayin'. The coupon just said Kroger brand veg, no specific kind mentioned. I love our Kroger, it's fancy, but the Kroger the next town over is a dump. I've seen people in my Kroger who live right up the street from dumpy Kroger but they drive 10 miles to come to ours. It's so bizarre how some of their stores are nice and some are God awful. There's one in Atlanta everyone calls 'Murder Kroger'. I rented an apartment on right up the street from it - been there and made it out alive.

There's even a song about Murder Kroger...

From the tube comments....LOL, that's exactly what it's like there.

Nathan Hamilton3 years ago
    When I lived at the GSU dorm, Murder Kroger was where I made my once a week Ramen and soda excursion. I once saw a naked crackhead perusing the aisles like it was perfectly natural. Then I came across a pile of clothes near the meat department. I assume they were hers. Ah, Murder Kroger.
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 08-20-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Nothing "needs" sauce...sauce makes food interesting. (I haz an adventurous palate ) Ever had chicken fried steak? It ain't the same without gravy, no matter how juicy it is, IMHO.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Yeah, I don't do sauce on steak either. That's like eating ketchup on chicken.

Nothing "needs" sauce...sauce makes food interesting. (I haz an adventurous palate ) Ever had chicken fried steak? It ain't the same without gravy, no matter how juicy it is, IMHO.
    A1?

Heinz 57 is where it's at.

Chester Copperpot

man now I could go for a really nice steak.

A1?

Heinz 57 is where it's at.
    You mean the ketchup? On STEAK? THAT IS A CRIME AGAINST FOOD!!1!!! :P ~spanks suz's naughty bum~

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You mean the ketchup? On STEAK? THAT IS A CRIME AGAINST FOOD!!1!!! :P
    No! Heinz 57, the steak sauce. Have you been living in a cave? Not the Hickory Smoke flavor, the plan. I just like Vic Tayback.

~spanks suz's naughty bum~
    Nice...

Yeah, I don't do sauce on steak either. That's like eating ketchup on chicken.
    Do you fry your steak? Oven bake? I haven't yet come across a properly grilled steak juicy enough to eat without sauce. (even at restaurants like Black Angus) Perhaps you get yours bloody rare?

No! Heinz 57, the steak sauce. Have you been living in a cave? Not the Hickory Smoke flavor, the plan. I just like Vic Tayback.

Nice...
    [QUOTE=Suzanimal;6291063]No! Heinz 57, the steak sauce. Have you been living in a cave? Not the Hickory Smoke flavor, the plan. I just like Vic Tayback.

I wasn't even 6 y/o in 1986 when that commercial aired! I've never heard of it myself, nor do I know anyone who likes it.

I wasn't even 6 y/o in 1986 when that commercial aired! I've never heard of it myself, nor do I know anyone who likes it.

You're too young to be spanking my naughty bum. I feel kinda like a pervert, now.

You're too young to be spanking my naughty bum. I feel kinda like a pervert, now.
    NO WAI! Just consider yourself a MILF or cougar-whichever you prefer.

Do you fry your steak? Oven bake? I haven't yet come across a properly grilled steak juicy enough to eat without sauce. (even at restaurants like Black Angus) Perhaps you get yours bloody rare?
    No, I have it well-done fried. I just let it sit for about 3 minutes before cutting it. That way, the juices get sucked up into the meat. Somewhat anyway.

I just don't like sauce. That's the main thing. I tried it once but it tasted like vinegar. Nasty.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-20-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast