Thread: Clinton campaign manager suggests Donald Trump may be a 'puppet for the Kremlin'

Clinton campaign manager suggests Donald Trump may be a 'puppet for the Kremlin'

Clinton campaign manager suggests Donald Trump may be a 'puppet for the Kremlin'

Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, Robby Mook, suggested that Donald Trump may be a "puppet" for Russia.

In an interview on Sunday on ABC's "This Week," Mook told host George Stephanopoulos that the Republican presidential nominee and his campaign's ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin's regime suggested the real-estate mogul could be appeasing Russian state interests.

"We need Donald Trump to explain to us the extent to which the hand of the Kremlin is at the core of his campaign," Mook said.

"There are real questions being raised about whether Donald Trump himself is just a puppet for the Kremlin in this race."

Mook asserted that Trump's actions indicated a cozy relationship with Russia, noting Trump's favorable comments about Putin and the campaign's successful push to soften language in the Republican Party platform that would've mandated providing weapons to Ukraine.

Clinton's campaign manager also noted several Trump advisers' ties to Russian organizations, including former Defense Intelligence Agency Director Michael Flynn's relationship with Russia Today, a state-sponsored Russian news network.

"There are a lot of questions here and we need Donald Trump to disclose all of his financial ties and whether his advisors are having meetings with the Kremlin," Mook said.

Over the past several days, the Trump campaign has worked to play down potential links between the real-estate magnate and Russia.

Last week, former Trump Campaign Chair Paul Manafort resigned amid growing revelations about his deep financial ties to former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, who was backed by Putin.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/robby...-puppet-2016-8
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Based on his foreign policy ideas, Russia would very much like to see Trump victorious over Clinton.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russi...d-trump-2016-7

It looks like Russia hired internet trolls to pose as pro-Trump Americans
    In his research from St. Petersburg, Chen discovered that Russian internet trolls — paid by the Kremlin to spread false information on the internet — have been behind a number of "highly coordinated campaigns" to deceive the American public.

It's a brand of information warfare, known as "dezinformatsiya," that has been used by the Russians since at least the Cold War. The disinformation campaigns are only one "active measure" tool used by Russian intelligence to "sow discord among," and within, allies perceived hostile to Russia.

"An active measure is a time-honored KGB tactic for waging informational and psychological warfare," Michael Weiss, a senior editor at The Daily Beast and editor-in-chief of The Interpreter — an online magazine that translates and analyzes political, social, and economic events inside the Russian Federation — wrote on Tuesday.

He continued (emphasis added):

"It is designed, as retired KGB General Oleg Kalugin once defined it, 'to drive wedges in the Western community alliances of all sorts, particularly NATO, to sow discord among allies, to weaken the United States in the eyes of the people in Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and thus to prepare ground in case the war really occurs.' The most common subcategory of active measures is dezinformatsiya, or disinformation: feverish, if believable lies cooked up by Moscow Centre and planted in friendly media outlets to make democratic nations look sinister."
    It is not surprising, then, that the Kremlin would pay internet trolls to pose as Trump supporters and build him up online. In fact, that would be the easy part.

From his interviews with former trolls employed by Russia, Chen gathered that the point of their jobs "was to weave propaganda seamlessly into what appeared to be the nonpolitical musings of an everyday person."

"Russia's information war might be thought of as the biggest trolling operation in history," Chen wrote. "And its target is nothing less than the utility of the Internet as a democratic space."

'The gift that keeps on giving'
    From threats about pulling out of NATO to altering the GOP's policy on Ukraine — which has long called for arming Ukrainian soldiers against pro-Russia rebels — Trump is "the gift that keeps on giving" for Putin, Russian journalist Julia Ioffe noted in a piece for Politico.

"Life is still not great here," Ioffe reported from the small Russian city of Nizhny Tagil in June. "But it's a loyal place and support for Putin is high. In large part, it is because people—especially older people like [Russian citizen Felix] Kolsky—get their news from Kremlin-controlled TV. And Kremlin-controlled TV has been unequivocal about whom they want to win the U.S. presidential election: Donald Trump."
    There are a few active here.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Jeez.......................

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

That's until Hillary decided to blame her ISIS creation on Putin. Evil witch.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Based on his foreign policy ideas, Russia would very much like to see Trump victorious over Clinton.

How does one differentiate between someone who has wholly consumed the propaganda and internalized it, compared to an individual knowingly spreading the propaganda?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You've got to be kidding me. Zippy and CPUd have officially disappeared down the Neo-con rabbit hole.

It looks like Russia hired internet trolls to pose as pro-Trump Americans

Yep. I didn't catch it at first glance. But I eventually did.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    How does one differentiate between someone who has wholly consumed the propaganda and internalized it, compared to an individual knowingly spreading the propaganda?
    Structure. And a few strategic question marks tossed in there and about. And some other stuff. But structure. That's how.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-21-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Structure. And a few strategic question marks tossed in there and about. And some other stuff. But structure. That's how.
    hmmmm... I think all I can ask is for you to unpack this more. I have seen you ask one individual if they are Russian. Is the fashion in which that poster posts the structure you speak of?

It seems as if anyone who questions the sanity of pushing WWIII is a suspected Russian spy.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    It seems as if anyone who questions the sanity of pushing WWIII is a suspected Russian spy.
    Shh comrade they are on to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Shh comrade they are on to us.
    Ha. No, silly goose. Don't flatter yourself. You simply aren't that clever.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-21-2016 at 06:35 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    hmmmm... I think all I can ask is for you to unpack this more. I have seen you ask one individual if they are Russian. Is the fashion in which that poster posts the structure you speak of?
    Eh. I was just surveying the area is all. I made no accusation and certainly offered no conclusion. Besides. My question wasn't particularly for him. More or less it was asked for the purpose of having the question seen. Hell, I could just have easily asked that angry Canadian guy the same question or even in the bestest picture thread ever thread. Was just luck of the draw that I chose that specific post to ask it. I'm just a spontaneous kind of feller, P3ter_Griffin.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-21-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Lord have mercy, that Hillary woman is desperate.

We loved giving out this quote during the Ron Paul campaigns:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

And Hillary Clinton is a money wh*re who is the puppet of anyone with enough money to pay.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLibertyPursuit View Post
    This is too rich
    Not nearly as rich though,,

as Donald J
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

Golden Oldie Posting...

Is it possible to somehow clue Mister Robert Mueller in on this important development?
    You do know Russian Oligarchs are like MediaEval Barons, they can often storm castles.
    DJT keeps on askin Jeff Sessions to step down so we can see a repeat of the Nixon years.