Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here’s How Clinton Would Destroy Your Gun Rights Without Repealing The Second Amend

Here’s How Clinton Would Destroy Your Gun Rights Without Repealing The Second Amend

http://wendymcelroy.com/news.php?extend.7347

From Bearing Arms: Here’s How “President Hillary” Will Destroy Your Gun Rights Without Repealing The Second Amendment [Ed: by driving the gun industry itself out of business.]
    Hillary Clinton is running the first presidential campaign in the history of the United States based explicitly on the gutting of a core Constitutional and human right.

Clinton has made attacking the human right of self-defense a key part of her 2016 campaign, and if she’s elected—and down-ballot Democrats manage to take control of the Senate and/or House—she’s poised to be able to destroy the gun rights of American citizens in three distinct ways.
    • Place progressive, anti-gun justices on the Supreme Court
    • Pass bans on a wide range of common firearms
    • repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA)

Stacking the Supreme Court With Anti-Gun Justices
    [...]
    If Clinton wins, she will appoint at least one Supreme Court Justice, and plausibly as many as four. This would assure a dramatic leftward shift in the court. While it is unlikely that a “Clinton Court” will directly challenge Heller, they will almost certainly decide whether the many state and local “assault weapon” bans weaving their way through lower courts are indeed constitutional. This ties in directly to the next threat of a Clinton presidency.

Banning A Wide Range Of Popular Firearms & Accessories
    [...]
    What Clinton actually wants to ban are the most common firearms sold in the United States. This includes common hunting rifles, target rifles, many popular handguns, standard rifle and pistol magazines, and—if Clinton follows Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey’s deranged lead, could result in the majority of firearms designed in the past 100 years being banned.
    [...]
    Dismantling the Protection of Lawful Commerce In Arms Act

Hillary Clinton has made it clear that her “death blow” against the Second Amendment won’t be an attempt to repeal the Second Amendment directly, but to instead drive the gun industry itself out of business.

The weapon she has chosen to attack you human right to self defense is the repeal of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, or PLCAA.

Clinton has attacked PLCAA repeatedly on the campaign trail, and—lying about it shamelessly—claiming that it grants the firearms industry “immunity” from lawsuits.

This claim is entirely false, which Clinton well knows.
    [...]
    If Clinton is successful in her goal of repealing PLCAA—which she could very conceivably do if she is elected in a “wave” that sees Democrats pick up seats in the House and Senate—then no gun dealer or manufacturer, or sporting goods store, or ammunition company, would be immune to frivolous lawsuits, and all would be sued out of business.

You would not be able to buy new guns, because there would be no manufacturers or importers after they were targeted, one-by-one.

In many states where universal background checks are required, you would not be able to buy, sell, or trade existing guns, as dealer after dealer would be sued out of business.

You would not be able to buy ammunition for your existing guns, as ammunition companies would also be targeted for extermination, as Brady tried to do against Lucky Gunner as recently as last year (only to have their case struck down by a judge citing PLCAA).
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You would not be able to buy new guns, because there would be no manufacturers or importers after they were targeted, one-by-one.
    Aside from open borders, this is one of the top reasons the rabid RPF anti-Trump contingent is cheering a Trump loss in favor of a Hillary Clinton presidency since it fulfills their dream for this kind gun control. With Hillary picking Supreme Court justices there will be no chance for Rand or future Presidents to repeal it. Pretty obvious when some of them support Gary Johnson - a classic liberal (non-libertarian) gun grabber.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Aside from open borders, this is one of the top reasons the rabid RPF anti-Trump contingent is cheering a Trump loss in favor of a Hillary Clinton presidency since it fulfills their dream for this kind gun control. With Hillary picking Supreme Court justices there will be no chance for Rand or future Presidents to repeal it. Pretty obvious when some of them support Gary Johnson - a classic liberal (non-libertarian) gun grabber.
    I don't know any forum members who advocated gun-control.

This is an issue that we should all be standing together in instead of immediate insults and name-calling. I see Hilterly as a POS on this but
    I also don't trust Trump.

Please list his stances.
    There is no spoon.

The real "enemy" is the American people. 2A advocates have not sufficiently explained the slippery slope of expanded background checks, as support is high and growing:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I'm anti-Trump. And pretty damned rabid about it. I have no dreams of expanded gun control. Neither Trump, Hillary or Johnson will bring less government and NONE of them will relax regulations that curtail liberty. Period. So just shut the $#@! up with the accusations already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I don't know any forum members who advocated gun-control.
    Yeah, that's the most dishonest thing I've read today. Heh.

Although, supporting and organizing for a candidate who openly professes that hand guns are assault weapons and should be banned is kind of like advocating for gun-control by way of mere support and organizing for the candidate who holds the position. It's counterintuitive. And it's aggressive toward the right given that it is counterintuitive.

Then again, you know what they say about people who participate in coercion. The often know nothing of their actual participation in it. Nor do they foresee its consequence. Useful idiot syndrome and whatnot.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-21-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm anti-Trump. And pretty damned rabid about it. I have no dreams of expanded gun control. Neither Trump, Hillary or Johnson will bring less government and NONE of them will relax regulations that curtail liberty. Period. So just shut the $#@! up with the accusations already.

This^^^ Times about 1,000.

Some people are delusional.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I actually -rep'ed this, and I NEVER neg rep. Take your Trump hyperbole somewhere else.

Christ......
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Congratulations on being my first ever -rep. You earned it. Your comments above are not only completely lacking any kind of class, but they're also utterly devoid of any discernible value.

Great job.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

If you are cheering on a Hillary Clinton Presidency then you defacto support gun control. Those bitching about this opinion need to wake up since this is the real world we are living in. There will be real consequences to the 1st and 2nd amendments and Supreme Court nominations if Hillary wins.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

What you talkin' 'bout Willis?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Congratulations on being my first ever -rep. You earned it. Your comments above are not only completely lacking any kind of class, but they're also utterly devoid of any discernible value.

Great job.
    + rep
    "The Patriarch"

If you are cheering on a Hillary Clinton Presidency then you defacto support gun control. Those bitching about this opinion need to wake up since this is the real world we are living in. There will be real consequences to the 1st and 2nd amendments and Supreme Court nominations if Hillary wins.
    Dood, step away from the Trump pipe. Who here is cheering on a Hillary Presidency?
    "The Patriarch"

False choice. Lack of support for one candidate does not imply support for another.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

There is no audience here that cheers Hillary. What forum do you think you are on? There will be real consequences regardless of who wins. I'll repeat this again, because you seem to have a challenge in understanding it. Regardless of who wins there will be more bureaucracies and their attendant functionaries, there will be a further loss of liberty through regulation without representation. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    False choice. Lack of support for one candidate does not imply support for another.
    Lack of support and cheering on a Hillary Clinton Presidency can only mean one thing.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is no audience here that cheers Hillary. What forum do you think you are on? There will be real consequences regardless of who wins. I'll repeat this again, because you seem to have a challenge in understanding it. Regardless of who wins there will be more bureaucracies and their attendant functionaries, there will be a further loss of liberty through regulation without representation. Period.
    Some have admitted so in forum or indirectly while others cheer on a Trump loss. When 3rd party options stand absolutely no chance of winning this cycle then you are actively supporting Hillary, infringement into 1st and 2nd amendments and nomination of Supreme Court justices that will place us in a situation it will be impossible to take this country back without a civil war.

Lack of support and cheering on a Hillary Clinton Presidency can only mean one thing.
    Does this mean RPFs is supporting Clinton?

Some have admitted so in forum or indirectly while others cheer on a Trump loss. When 3rd party options stand absolutely no chance of winning this cycle then you are actively supporting Hillary, infringement into 1st and 2nd amendments and nomination of Supreme Court justices that will place us in a situation it will be impossible to take this country back without a civil war.
    It seems like I have heard this argument before, like my whole adult voting life. Every cycle it's the same line.
    "The Patriarch"

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    It seems like I have heard this argument before, like my whole adult voting life. Every cycle it's the same line.
    Not with both parties opposed to the Trump candidacy. There hasn't been an election like this for a very long time. Now that's not to say that Trump can't sell out, but right now he's the outsider candidate with the world hellbent to destroy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This is the real deal this time. Unlike any prior cycles in my life time, with Hillary it can be backed up with her own comments and is not the usual political hyperbole.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-21-2016 at 08:32 PM.

This is the real deal this time. Unlike any prior cycles in my life time, with Hillary it can be backed up with her own comments and is not the usual political hyperbole.
    I voted Barr in 2008 and Baldwin in 2012. This year I am amped to vote Trump and send a message. Trump isn't even an ideal candidate, but if he is elected, it will send shockwaves throughout the world. Think Brexit times 100.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-21-2016 at 08:54 PM.

I cheer on a Trump loss. I cheer on a Hillary and Johnson loss. I cheer on a loss of any statist political aspirant. The fact that you don't is telling in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Not with both parties opposed to the Trump candidacy. There hasn't been an election like this for a very long time. Now that's not to say that Trump can't sell out, but right now he's the outsider candidate with the world hellbent to destroy him.
    Can you really live with being so ignorant? Really?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Can you really live with being so ignorant? Really?
    Trump's vast collection of enemies tell you all about Trump the candidate. It's literally a who's who of the Washington uniparty. When the National Review Online and Huffington Post are both on mission to destroy you, then you're on the right path.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-21-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Don't you think Obama would have already done this stuff if he could?

Oh and this...

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Trump's vast collection of enemies tell you all about Trump the candidate. It's literally a who's who of the Washington uniparty. When the National Review Online and Huffington Post are both on mission to destroy you, then you're on the right path.
    LOL many of these people are his friends.

Trump supporters celebrate as GOP elites defeat Boehner-enemy Rep. Huelskamp
    Trump gave $100,000 to John Boehner in 2012
    How Donald Trump helped Democrats pass Obamacare
    Trump donated 60000 Dollars to a super Pac supporting mitch mcconnell

I voted Barr in 2008 and Baldwin in 2012. This year I am amped to vote Trump and send a message. Trump isn't even an ideal candidate, but if he is elected it will send shockwaves throughout the world. Think Brexit times 100.
    True. I was not really a fan of Barr but voted for him to advance the LP and to help them reach automatic future ballot access. For 2012 I wish I had voted for Baldwin rather than writing-in Ron Paul and would do so if I went back. My write-in vote for Ron was not counted, not allocated per candidate and the write-in total was not discussed by any media outlets, so it was pointless. I knew that going in but NOBP, yeah it was dumb looking back.

All prior cycles I voted for 3rd party candidates so this ill be my first voting for a mainstream party candidate. That says allot of how different a cycle and candidate Trump is.

Those are likely business acquaintances. Like I said, we're going to find out about his true loyalties.............
    As an American, I have nothing to lose. I live in a state of hopeless tyranny. I can gamble on Trump and not lose sleep over it.

Last edited by AuH20; 08-21-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Don't you think Obama would have already done this stuff if he could?
    The difference is that Hillary will have Supreme Court appointments in place that will not keep her in check. Obama also did not have the support of the establishment Republicans like Hillary does. The Clinton machine is far more powerful than the Obama cabal.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-21-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast