Thread: Flying Over Richmond?

Flying Over Richmond?

The flight plan does not mention a flyover over Richmond, VA on the way to DC. It's not going to fly around this city is it? What about the Hampton Roads area (Norfolk, VA Beach, etc)? There are lots of people there too. Can we get a graphical map of the flight plan? I'm real curious to see exactly where it will be. I also hope the blimp is going to fly over heavily populated areas along it's way (like Richmond, where I live).
    Reverse the Kakistocracy, Be a true Patriot, Stop the North American Union, Repeal the Military Commissions Act, Reject the National ID Card, Abolish the Selective Service, Fix Iraq, Rescue the Economy, Reduce Government Debt, Cut all taxes, Eliminate Income Taxes, Fight One World Government, Do not give up your liberty for "security", Defend the Bill of Rights, Restore Freedom, Do not allow America to become a Police State, Vote Ron Paul for President 2008!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While Richmond, imo, does not an extended stay or stop, it should do some flying over. There are alot of important wealthy conservatives that live there too.

I know (and rightfully so) that certain states are the main focus, we should not forget about the large metro areas that are along the pre-existing flight path of the blimp. For example: Win going from DC to SC, Richmond, the Triad, and Charlotte deserve at least a flyover.

A flyby of the Richmond Federal Reserve Building would be good for photos.

Yes! Please fly over Richmond. In addition to being Virginia's capital, Virginia Commonwealth University which is located in the heart of the metro Richmond has the most students in the entire state(30,000+) of any university in the state.
    Last edited by instep; 12-08-2007 at 06:04 PM.

The focus of the initial flight will be to get to Boston for TeaParty07 and support the rallies and fund raising efforts for the campaign. We cannot make specific promises at this time as the launch window is not 100%. However, Richmond and Philadelphia are in the plans.

Keep in mind things change. We are working to try to have a reliable schedule but are limited because of the variables... then, there's always the unknown. A more definitive flight plan should be available in the next couple of days.

Sorry it could not be ready sooner.

Richmond/Hampton Roads

I grew up in Yorktown VA. On the edge of surrender field actually. Hampton Roads is just north of Elizabeth City so part of it should be in the flight path. The problem with Hampton Roads even though it's metro is 2 mil, it's very spread out and no real cities. I'm sure the local Media will cover if we contact.

As for Richmond I think that's an excellent idea as is the entire I95 from Richmond to Boston. I'll guess 90 million cars a day travel it and it runs through all the big cities. DC, Baltimore, Wilmington, Philly, NYC, Stamford, New Haven, Prov, Boston

Little known fact-There was a Yorktown Tea Party/Revolt as well!!
    Last edited by sharkcity; 12-08-2007 at 09:22 PM.
    Freedom brings people together. Government is supposed to protect our Freedom, our Property, and our Privacy- not Invade it..
    Ron Paul 2007

It should follow I-95, beginning in Richmond, and the entire BosWash corridor----- that's where 16% (44 million) of the U.S. population reside, according to wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BosWash...ion_statistics

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilhaguru View Post
    It should follow I-95, beginning in Richmond....
    I agree... was thinking the same.

If I can get a definite answer about flying over Richmond, and a rough time frame, I can talk to the local media and potentially get it on the air.
    Last edited by drdesignz; 12-09-2007 at 01:07 AM.
    Reverse the Kakistocracy, Be a true Patriot, Stop the North American Union, Repeal the Military Commissions Act, Reject the National ID Card, Abolish the Selective Service, Fix Iraq, Rescue the Economy, Reduce Government Debt, Cut all taxes, Eliminate Income Taxes, Fight One World Government, Do not give up your liberty for "security", Defend the Bill of Rights, Restore Freedom, Do not allow America to become a Police State, Vote Ron Paul for President 2008!

Anybody looked at the weather forecast on eastern seaboard for next 10 days .....Yikes !!!

Virginia beach, philly, and charlotte are the bonus cities the mother ship should fly over!!! i know the east coast... then pittsburgh cuz that's his home town, charleston WV, burlington NC, Charleston S..C, Columbus GA, Tampa and Orlando!!!! that's how you dominate... most bang for your buck!!!