Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audit Reveals The Pentagon Doesn’t Know Where $6.5 Trillion Dollars Has Gone

Audit Reveals The Pentagon Doesn’t Know Where $6.5 Trillion Dollars Has Gone

A trillion here, a trillion there...

http://www.activistpost.com/2016/08/...ions-went.html

A new Department of Defense Inspector General’s report, released last week, has left Americans stunned at the jaw-dropping lack of accountability and oversight. The glaring report revealed the Pentagon couldn’t account for $6.5 trillion dollars worth of Army general fund transactions and data, according to a report by the Fiscal Times.

The Pentagon, which has been notoriously lax in its accounting practices, has never completed an audit, would reveal how the agency has specifically spent the trillions of dollars allocated for wars, equipment, personnel, housing, healthcare and procurements allotted to them by Congress.

Beginning in 1996 all federal agencies were mandated by law to conduct regular financial audits. However, the Pentagon has NEVER complied with that federal law. In 20 years, it has never accounted for the trillions of dollars in taxpayer funds it has spent, in part because “fudging” the numbers has become standard operating procedure at the Department of Defense, as revealed in a 2013 Reuters investigation by Scot Paltrow.

According to the report by the Fiscal Times:

An increasingly impatient Congress has demanded that the Army achieve “audit readiness” for the first time by Sept. 30, 2017, so that lawmakers can get a better handle on military spending. But Pentagon watchdogs think that may be mission impossible, and for good reason…

The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), the behemoth Indianapolis-based agency that provides finance and accounting services for the Pentagon’s civilian and military members, could not provide adequate documentation for $6.5 trillion worth of year-end adjustments to Army general fund transactions and data.

The DFAS has the sole responsibility for paying all DOD military and personnel, retirees and annuitants, along with Pentagon contractors and vendors. The agency is also in charge of electronic government initiatives, including within the Executive Office of the President, the Department of Energy and the Departing of Veterans Affairs.
    For every transaction, a so-called “journal voucher” that provides serial numbers, transaction dates and the amount of the expenditure is supposed to be produced. The report specifies that the agency has done such a poor job in providing documentation of their transactions, that there is no way to actually know how $6.5 trillion dollars has been spent. Essentially, the government has no way of knowing how the Pentagon has spent the trillions of taxpayer dollars allocated by Congress for national defense.

In turn, employees of the DFAS were routinely told by superiors to take “unsubstantiated change actions” commonly referred to as “plugging” the numbers. These “plugs” – which amounted to falsifying financial records – were then used to create the appearance that the military’s financial data matched that of the U.S. Treasury Department’s numbers when discrepancies in the financial data couldn’t be accounted for, according to the Reuters investigation.

According to that Reuters investigation:

For two decades, the U.S. military has been unable to submit to an audit, flouting federal law and concealing waste and fraud totaling billions of dollars.

Linda Woodford spent the last 15 years of her career inserting phony numbers in the U.S. Department of Defense’s accounts.

Every month until she retired in 2011, she says, the day came when the Navy would start dumping numbers on the Cleveland, Ohio DFAS…. Using the data they received, Woodford and her fellow accountants there set about preparing monthly reports to square the Navy’s books with the U.S. Treasury’s…. And every month, they encountered the same problem. Numbers were missing. Numbers were clearly wrong. Numbers came with no explanation of how the money had been spent or which congressional appropriation it came from.
    [...]
    The Pentagon has a chronic failure to keep track of its money – how much it has, how much it pays out and how much is wasted or stolen. Adding to the appearance of impropriety is the fact that thousands of documents that should be on file have been removed and disappeared without any reasonable explanation.

DFAS “did not document or support why the Defense Departmental Reporting System . . . removed at least 16,513 of 1.3 million records during Q3 FY 2015. As a result, the data used to prepare the FY 2015 AGF third quarter and year-end financial statements were unreliable and lacked an adequate audit trail,” according to the IG’s report stated.

The accounting errors and manipulated numbers, though obviously problems in their own right, highlight a far greater problem for the Defense Department than only bad recording keeping and wasteful spending habits. In reality, they are a representation of the poor decision making, and lack of oversight and accountability that plague our nation’s government as a whole.
    They probably sent it to ISIS.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $6.5 Trillion Dollars

putting that in perspective

46 miles;
    roughly the distance from Washington, DC to Baltimore, Maryland,
    of bumper to bumper 18 wheeler trailer trucks,
    stacked to road legal capacity with $100 bills.

2 billion in $100's fits on a truck
    3250 trucks holds the load * truck is 75 feet long = 243750

/ 5280 = 46

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2016-08-11 20:35:19.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	349.7 KB 
ID:	5138

Last edited by presence; 08-11-2016 at 06:39 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Last time there was a report like this, a 747 flew into the Pentagon's record office the next day.

Perhaps those folks should be advised to call in sick tomorrow..

Let's not rush to conclusions and wait till all the facts come out.

NY Fed's $40 Billion Iraqi Money Trail

Tuesday, 25 Oct 2011
    It has been called the largest airborne transfer of currency in the history of the world. But finding out what happened to all the money involved has become one of the biggest financial mysteries of all time.
    Source: CNBC Sources

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45031100

////

Shocker.

There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Last time there was a report like this, a 747 flew into the Pentagon's record office the next day.

Perhaps those folks should be advised to call in sick tomorrow..
    This was explained to me by a close family member in the accounting field that reviewed the report at my request. I'll do my best to paraphrase.

It's not entirely the same but it's not entirely different either. What the report says is that the DoD did spend the money on something, therefore it didn't "disappear"/go "missing" like the 9/11 2.3T did, but that the documentation of the expenditures and any changes to the expenditures aren't adequate for auditing purposes. It's not so much an admission of missing money like 9/11, rather more confirmation of the waste, fraud and poor record-keeping that has plagued the DoD since forever. Some may consider these to be semantic differences but the report doesn't explicitly say that $6.5T went missing like the 9/11 $2.3T did.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

The 9/11 "missing $trillions" was the same thing. Because of poor accounting and lack of one computer/ accounting system, they could not tell what the money had actually been spent on- it was not a mountain of cash which vanished. It went to things like bombers and bullets and soldiers and paper pushers.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The 9/11 "missing $trillions" was the same thing. Because of poor accounting and lack of one computer/ accounting system, they could not tell what the money had actually been spent on- it was not a mountain of cash which vanished. It went to things like bombers and bullets and soldiers and paper pushers.
    Actually, Zippy, the point is that we have no idea what it went to.

Let's see. The day before 9/11, $2.3 trillion was declared missing from the Pentagon.

So what will happen now to distract the American public? Or is the public too stupid now to care anyway?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

So let me see if I understand you right. Because the government can't prove the money was misappropriated that enough for you to believe that it was all appropriately spent? So the government can investigate itself, say "I dunno" and that's enough for you? If you really trust the government that much than what are you even doing here? Can't you just trust Hillary Clinton to "do the right thing" because she says so? Seriously do you actually think your arguments through or just copy and paste them from Shills-R-Us?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Let's see. The day before 9/11, $2.3 trillion was declared missing from the Pentagon.

So what will happen now to distract the American public? Or is the public too stupid now to care anyway?
    That's the thing. In order to know if it is the same situation as the 2.3T or not, the same reports would have to be compared. My family member said her organization makes roughly $400k worth of monthly journal voucher adjustments for various reasons. Of course their org is a tiny fraction of the budget of the DoD/Army. Such adjustments are routine and there's no fraud in her org.

Did the 2.3T show up as a bottom line 'hole' in the numbers ("we should have $X but our account balances show $X instead and we don't know where the 2.3T went") or was it substantially the same as the journal voucher entries were money was spent but the paper trail isn't adequate to know on what exactly? Only comparing the reports would tell for sure if it's a similar situation.

eta: for the record, I'm not saying it's not the same as the 2.3T. I don't know. Just relaying what I was told to best of my ability.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-13-2016 at 08:29 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That's the thing. In order to know if it is the same situation as the 2.3T or not, the same reports would have to be compared. My family member said her organization makes roughly $400k worth of monthly journal voucher adjustments for various reasons. Of course their org is a tiny fraction of the budget of the DoD/Army. Such adjustments are routine and there's no fraud in her org.

Did the 2.3T show up as a bottom line 'hole' in the numbers ("we should have $X but our account balances show $X instead and we don't know where the 2.3T went") or was it substantially the same as the journal voucher entries were money was spent but the paper trail isn't adequate to know on what exactly? Only comparing the reports would tell for sure if it's a similar situation.

eta: for the record, I'm not saying it's not the same as the 2.3T. I don't know. Just relaying what I was told to best of my ability.
    You're thinking like an honest person and assuming your aunt and her company are honest and she probably is and they could very well be as well.

Here's how a dishonest person can take advantage of the situation. I know someone who once owned a chain of pizza stores. He told me how an employee can steal from you. The employee takes a sale for 20 dollars. The customer hands the employee a 20. The employee rings up the sale as 10 and hands the customer 10 dollars in change. Now why would the employee do that? Well the customer isn't going to complain. He got his 10 dollars in change back. The ticket shows 10 dollars less in sales than what's in the cash register. How to fix it? Well the employee "adjusts" the difference by taking 10 dollars out of the cash register and pocketing it. Slick right? Only the employee gets greedy and loses track of how much he's taken out and how much he's left in. How does he keep from getting caught? He needs time to fiddle around and get everything right and make sure everything balances. How to catch him or stop him from stealing in the first place? The boss has to get the register receipts every night immediately at closing and make sure all of the money in the register is deposited nightly. If the person or persons running the cash register don't want to do that, there's a good chance they are stealing. Maybe their just incompetent or lazy but they could be stealing.

So....applying this to the Pentagon. The whole reason for the audits is because people just can't but trusted with that much money. Sure some people are honest and some are thieves. (Most?) See the picture enhanced_deficit posted when those two guys holding bricks of money each worth $100,000? I'll be honest. I looked at that and thought "Damn! One brick and my student loans are paid off and I can buy a nice new car and maybe even put a down payment on a home. A couple more bricks and I can buy a nice home in my area for cash." And if all I had to do to cover this up is to make a "voucher adjustment" that would be one helluva temptation. If "money is spent but the paper trail isn't there to show how it is spent" then money could have been stolen and the paper trail is not there to show that it wasn't stolen. That's the rub. Imagine if the IRS was run this way? The IRS does an audit and you just say "Well I made a voucher adjustment so I don't owe you any money." (Actually that would be fantastic!)

Here's the other thing to consider. Say if you need cash for...I dunno...arming Al Qaeda linked rebels in Libya and Syria without congressional approval (since that is treason)? What do you do? Well.....if you spend the money and say "I don't know where it went" and you get away with a "voucher adjustment" guess what? You can fund your treason and nobody will ever know. Nobody will try to figure out what actually happened to the money because everybody knows somebody who knows somebody that they believe is honest who lost track of hundreds of thousands or millions and chalked it up to a "voucher adjustment" so it must all be kosher.

Bottom line is the contents of the report don't necessarily mean money went missing, as in stolen. That is what was relayed to me. Journal voucher adjustments are routine practice in accounting. It could mean the same or it could not mean the same. It's up to the auditors to determine that but the DoD doesn't do audits so it's impossible to know one way or the other. It's still piss poor financial management, regardless.

My hunch would be that there is stolen/missing money in that figure but the entire figure isn't stolen/missing. So much money has been jacked out of federal budgets that it's SOP and only goes noticed when announced like Rumsfeld did or a report like the OP's is randomly stumbled across.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Bottom line is the contents of the report don't necessarily mean money went missing, as in stolen. That is what was relayed to me. Journal voucher adjustments are routine practice in accounting. It could mean the same or it could not mean the same. It's up to the auditors to determine that but the DoD doesn't do audits so it's impossible to know one way or the other. It's still piss poor financial management, regardless.

My hunch would be that there is stolen/missing money in that figure but the entire figure isn't stolen/missing. So much money has been jacked out of federal budgets that it's SOP and only goes noticed when announced like Rumsfeld did or a report like the OP's is randomly stumbled across.
    Okay. We're basically saying the same thing. Money hasn't been tracked so it could have gone missing our straight up stolen. Now if you're a taxpayer you are guilty if you can't prove where your deductions went. If you are the government it's all fine and could because the government, and only the government, is innocent until proven guilty when it comes to handling tax dollars. It should be the other way around. Heads should roll (as in department heads, not literal heads) when money goes missing like this. But instead it's considered "standard accounting practice" and so any thievery that most likely is going on can never be found or proven. Based on that, and based on human nature, I would bet most of that money was actually stolen. Would you care to bet against me? We will never get our government back under control if we continue to keep making excuses for it.

The biggest issues that are ignored is that this ridiculous amount is only what they can't track, or that any of it was legitimately spent, proper accounting or not.

Making excuses for these guys is $#@!ed.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $6.4 trillion (figure from the OP) represents the amount of almost every single dollar in the Department of Defense budget for about the last 15 years.

What does Rand have to say about this?

Quote Originally Posted by 4_God_N_Country View Post
    I guess he favors it? He at least said he wants to give them even more money. From 2015.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...2016-strategy/

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky) has devoted much of his political career to pushing for smaller budgets and a scaled-back U.S. military.

Not anymore.

On Wednesday, Paul proposed increasing defense spending by nearly $190 billion over the next two years. The amendment was first reported by Time Magazine.
    Though he did favor the audit in 2012. https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/the...230638244.html
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-14-2016 at 02:52 PM.

////

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    ////
    \\\\
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by 4_God_N_Country View Post
    He doesn't play with numbers this big:

https://randpaul.com/wastequiz
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...aul-Waste-Quiz

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You're thinking like an honest person and assuming your aunt and her company are honest and she probably is and they could very well be as well.

Here's how a dishonest person can take advantage of the situation. I know someone who once owned a chain of pizza stores. He told me how an employee can steal from you. The employee takes a sale for 20 dollars. The customer hands the employee a 20. The employee rings up the sale as 10 and hands the customer 10 dollars in change. Now why would the employee do that? Well the customer isn't going to complain. He got his 10 dollars in change back. The ticket shows 10 dollars less in sales than what's in the cash register. How to fix it? Well the employee "adjusts" the difference by taking 10 dollars out of the cash register and pocketing it. Slick right? Only the employee gets greedy and loses track of how much he's taken out and how much he's left in. How does he keep from getting caught? He needs time to fiddle around and get everything right and make sure everything balances. How to catch him or stop him from stealing in the first place? The boss has to get the register receipts every night immediately at closing and make sure all of the money in the register is deposited nightly. If the person or persons running the cash register don't want to do that, there's a good chance they are stealing. Maybe their just incompetent or lazy but they could be stealing.
    Just FYI, that is the most basic scam, and easily caught by any manager. If the manager is involved as well, then they first of need to pay their manager better, but also will be caught at month's end. Hourly Xs, and end of shift Z should be with all paperwork, and should NEVER be up to someone running the register. Those tapes will also be riddled with NS (No sale).

Sorry, I know it was just to illustrate a point and has nothing to do with your larger point, but I made a living in bars catching people like that in my younger days, and that was the scam that never took me more than a few days to sniff out.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

I guess he favors it? He at least said he wants to give them even more money. From 2015.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...2016-strategy/

Though he did favor the audit in 2012. https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/the...230638244.html
    Zippy, you're shilling mighty hard these days. Mighty hard.

1) Supporting a modest increase in military spending (and yes in today's dollars 190 million is modest) does not mean you support military waste.

2) Rand's increase was nothing compared to the 1.5 trillion Rubio is asking for.

3) Rand's proposal came out before this 6.5 trillion story.

And ultimately, as you pointed out, he does support an audit of the Pentagon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    Just FYI, that is the most basic scam, and easily caught by any manager. If the manager is involved as well, then they first of need to pay their manager better, but also will be caught at month's end. Hourly Xs, and end of shift Z should be with all paperwork, and should NEVER be up to someone running the register. Those tapes will also be riddled with NS (No sale).

Sorry, I know it was just to illustrate a point and has nothing to do with your larger point, but I made a living in bars catching people like that in my younger days, and that was the scam that never took me more than a few days to sniff out.
    Actually thank you for your additional input. I think it helps illustrate my point. You were able to "sniff out" the theft because you paid attention when looking over the books. But it you had said "Eh.....it doesn't add up but that doesn't mean anything. We'll just do an adjustment to make everything line up" would you have caught anybody? (Rhetorical question).

http://www.theburningplatform.com/20...ppened-to-you/

On the other hand, if you’re the Pentagon, losing $6.5 trillion is just another day at the office. Indeed, in a report released in June, the Defense Department’s inspector general admitted that just one branch of the military, the Army, made $6.5 trillion in wrongful adjustments to accounting entries. In many cases, the Army had no receipts or even invoices to support those expenditures. Incredibly, according to the report, in some cases the Army simply invented the adjustments out of thin air.

Just like the Fed.

In case you are wondering, this isn’t exactly a new problem. Back in 2001, former Department of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld made this astonishing admission:

“According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions.”

At the time, that amount represented more than $8,000 for every person living in the US. For the “lost” $6.5 trillion, the loss per US resident exceeds $20,000.

Obviously, $6.5 trillion is a lot of money. But what’s amazing is that almost no one in the Land of the Free is talking about it.

When was the last time you heard Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump criticize military spending or call on the Pentagon to clean up its books? [...]

You can imagine the reaction of the IRS if you’re audited and it discovers you had $6.5 trillion in unreported income that you suddenly “lost.” Heck, even unreported income only one-billionth that size – $6,500 – could get you in trouble with the taxman.

I’d wager that $6.5 trillion is just the tip of the iceberg. How many trillions have the Air Force and Navy lost? What about expenditures by other federal agencies?

Now, it’s true that the military has unique difficulties when it comes to keeping track of expenditures. After all, US military forces are stationed in more than 150 countries. That fact, combined with the sheer scale of the Pentagon’s budget – $573 billion in 2016 alone – makes nailing down spending to the nearest penny or even the nearest dollar next to impossible. But it should be able to do better than the nearest $6.5 trillion.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Bump

I don’t think that I’m the only one to have missed this story.
    Today I searched for this information on Ronpaulforums, this thread had 1,682 views in over a year …

According to the Pentagon’s inspector general’s report of August 2016, there was $6.5 trillion missing from the Pentagon budget. Most people argue that it can’t be for 2015 alone, since the entire Pentagon budget for 2015 was a little over $600 billion.
    I’m no accountant, but according to normal accounting practices every year the account is finished. Evidently the Pentagon doesn’t account very “normal”. Maybe the $6.5 trillion is a cumulative missing sum for years, but how it’s written it looks like this trillion dollar fraud is only for 2015.
    A trillion that’s 12 zeroes; $6.5 trillion is - 6,500,000,000,000 USD.

According to this report the money isn’t only “missing”, but the Department of Defence made false transactions and deleted 16,500 records. Let’s call that an “accident”, surely this wasn’t done on purpose!
    An example of accountancy tricks used, is a net unsupported adjustment of $99.8 billion made to the $0.2 billion balance reported for Accounts Receivable.
    If the Army is making up numbers — and that’s what “unsupported adjustments” means — nobody, not even a congressional oversight committee or inspector general, knows where the money went, or whether funds were stolen.
    I can tell you that if I find out that my wallet is “missing”, I have only 2 explanations: I’ve misplaced it myself or it was stolen…

In 1996, Congress passed a law requiring all federal agencies to comply with federal accounting standards. At this point, 2 decades later, the Pentagon has yet to comply with this law, and therefore cannot be audited: http://fair.org/home/ignoring-the-pe...ounting-error/

Here’s the summary of the report: http://www.dodig.mil/pubs/report_summary.cfm?id=7034
    The Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Financial Management & Comptroller) (OASA[FM&C]) and the Defense Finance and Accounting Service Indianapolis (DFAS Indianapolis) did not adequately support $2.8 trillion in third quarter journal voucher (JV) adjustments and $6.5 trillion in yearend JV adjustments1 made to AGF data during FY 2015 financial statement compilation.2 The unsupported JV adjustments occurred because OASA(FM&C) and DFAS Indianapolis did not prioritize correcting the system deficiencies that caused errors resulting in JV adjustments, and did not provide sufficient guidance for supporting system‑generated adjustments.

In addition, DFAS Indianapolis did not document or support why the Defense Departmental Reporting System‑Budgetary (DDRS-B), a budgetary reporting system, removed at least 16,513 of 1.3 million records during third quarter FY 2015. This occurred because DFAS Indianapolis did not have detailed documentation describing the DDRS-B import process or have accurate or complete system reports.
    It is mere insufficient “guidance” that caused this whopping gap.
    The least I would expect are big words, like the responsible government officials will be held accountable, and will be tried for treason.
    Or that the banks that laundered these trillions will be immediately shut down, and the assets of the recipients of these trillions will be confiscated, while these crooks will get a fine of at least 25% of what they stole, but none of that of course.
    Here are the proposed measures to take from the summary:
    OASA(FM&C) should periodically review system-generated adjustments to understand the reasons for the adjustments and to verify the support for the adjustments. OASA(FM&C) and DFAS Indianapolis should provide resources to review system change requests to correct system deficiencies that caused errors resulting in JV adjustments, determine when the requests will be implemented, and develop new cost‑effective corrective actions if they will not be implemented; identify root causes of errors that result in unsupported JV adjustments, including system-generated adjustments; and develop corrective actions with milestones to correct the identified root causes. DFAS Indianapolis should revise the manual used to support system-generated adjustments, fully document the complete DDRS-B import process, and update the Army Report Data Type Management Report and Feeder File Inventory Control Report to ensure the information they contain is accurate and complete. See the full report for additional recommendations.
    I’ve tried to open the full 4 MB report, but in 15 minutes it still had not opened.

When I searched for this story with Google.nl and the keywords “6.5 trillion report missing pentagon Breitbart” the first 3 pages (30 results) didn’t have a single story on this by Breitbart.
    Last edited by Firestarter; 09-20-2017 at 04:09 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Maybe the $6.5 trillion is a cumulative missing sum for years, but how it’s written it looks like this trillion dollar fraud is only for 2015.
    A trillion that’s 12 zeroes; $6.5 trillion is - 6,500,000,000,000 USD.
    That would be about half of the entire economic output of the United States for that year. The entire military budget for 2015 was $598.5 billion. The army (subject of the report) got $282.6 billion of that.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-19-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I don’t think that I’m the only one to have missed this story.
    Today I searched for this information on Ronpaulforums, this thread had 1,682 views in over a year …

I’ve tried to open the full 4 MB report, but in 15 minutes it still had not opened.

When I searched for this story with Google.nl and the keywords “6.5 trillion report missing pentagon Breitbart” the first 3 pages (30 results) didn’t have a single story on this by Breitbart.
    Staggering isn't it?
    With your skillset... I'll be interested in where you might take this.

It's been a few decades since they unveiled the last secret airplane, who knows what toys they're cooking up. Although I assume it's more run of the mill incompetence and moving money to certain hands, instead of tin foil hat territory.

Reminds me of :
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast