Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine Masses Troops on Crimea Border

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Well Duhhh! That's what happens when you surround a nation's borders with missiles and bases, and your leaders continue to foster a non-stop stream of belligerent threats. Maybe instead of war and escalation and threats and regime change and sanctions and lies and force, the world would be better served by trying a little peace and trade and commerce.

Perish the thought!

Theye have no apparent interest in such circumstances at this time. Were the world to become peaceful and even marginally prosperous, Theire grip on things would slip. I have no idea if any of the alien crash stories are true, but if they were the government response of hushing it makes perfect sense in the context of madmen wanting it all for themselves. If the presence of aliens were fact and the public knew, people would be looking upward, so to speak, rather than toward DC or wherever, diminishing Theire status and position. I do not think that Theye are in much mood for that arrangement, regardless whether the source of diminution be aliens or anything else.

Therefore, keeping people off-balance with wars and rumors of wars would seem to me to suit Theire purposes nicely. But to what end? The whole Dr. Evil act doesn't rise to the standard of childishness, so what drives them to it? Theye may well be literally mad. But then if you consider all the yak from the steam vent (UN) about the need to greatly reduce the population, perhaps Theye are simply stalling for time until a reliable means of culling down the population is devised. Just guessing here, of course. Besides, methinks such a drastic cull as is implied in the UN Agenda 21 documentation would have to be very carefully managed for several reasons. The potential for plague in the wake of a mass die off would likely threaten whoever remained. Too rapid and uncontrolled a cull would also threaten to send us all back into the stone-age. We still need people to manufacture most of the things I am sure even Theye consume. Perhaps Theye await sufficient advances in automation and robotics before they kill us off? Again, just speculation.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Zippyjuan, again always rushing to defend the neocon agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Both sides are upgrading weapons (as I showed- Russia has been leading the upgrades- US just announced their intent to upgrade- haven't started yet). Who has more today?

Yes, when you surround a nation with missiles and bases around its borders; When you expand a military alliance directly up to its borders; When you propagate, fund precipitate the overthrow of elected governments along its borders; when you constantly implement a propaganda campaign against the nation and make threats of military force --- what would be the logical, rational completely predictable response. Of course they will beef up their defense. You are forcing them to do so. By comparison to the US's actions, Russia has exercised extreme restraint. Had the roles been reversed, Washington would have already invaded another ten countries and be occupying each.

That $1 trillion figure? That is over the next 30 YEARS. That is only $33 billion a year. One B2 bomber is over $1 billion.
    Sure, what's another planned $1 trillion if you spread it over three decades. Using Washington budget planning proposals that should equate to at least $10 trillion after thirty years of actual Washington MIC spending boondoggles.

And of course is highly justified because the most indebted, bankrupt government on the planet (not to mention in the running for corrupt, aggressive, power hungry) being able to annihilate every human life on the planet five times over just doesn't seem like enough now does it. Such a "responsible" government ought to be able to kill every human life at least ten or twenty times over, right?
    Last edited by AZJoe; 08-17-2016 at 08:33 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    While true, the Russians' hands are not exactly clean either. Few are.

The thirst for conquest, pillage, and purveyance of tyranny is limitless in some human beings. Couple that with the artificially augmented faculties of fear, greed, stupidity, and laziness in most of the rest and the stage is set for very long term misery for all but the elite.

BTW, I watched some snippet of a video yesterday referring to Rothschilds. I have two questions: they were cited as holding $500 Trillion in assets - is that true and how would such a figure be calculated if they are so secretive? The more salient question revolves around the claim that the only two central banks in the world not under their control are North Korea and Iran. What about Russia? I cannot imagine Putin would stand for such an arrangement, implying that either the claim is untrue or even Putin bows to Rothschild will.

Anyone?
    The total value of all the assets in the entire world are estimated to be less than half of that total. This should tell you something about the reliability of the "report".

http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/03/combin...lth-world.html

What would happen if you sold everything you own, liquidated any investments you have, paid off all of your debts, and withdrew whatever cash you have in bank accounts?

You’d be standing on the street naked, with nowhere to go, holding a bunch of cash, and people would be looking at you.

holding all your net worth

And whatever cash you were holding would be your net worth.

Okay now, imagine that everyone else in the world does that too (just pretend that makes sense), and all the people of the world, naked and holding their wealth in cash, come together and throw their wealth into a big pile together. How much money would be in that pile?

$241,000,000,000,000.

The combined wealth of all the people of the world is $241 trillion.

Banned

Blog Entries
    The total value of all the assets in the entire world are estimated to be less than half of that total. This should tell you something about the reliability of the "report".

http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/03/combin...lth-world.html
    that's not counting debt.

If somebody owes me $5 million, but I only have $20 in my wallet...

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

Correct. Accounting 101 - if you owe me $5MM, that is $5MM in my asset column and $5MM in your liability entries.

But is there $259 trillion worth of debt? I have no idea. USA has to be the largest debtor nation, I would imagine. That's "only" $17T.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Correct. Accounting 101 - if you owe me $5MM, that is $5MM in my asset column and $5MM in your liability entries.

But is there $259 trillion worth of debt? I have no idea. USA has to be the largest debtor nation, I would imagine. That's "only" $17T.

Depressing and perhaps scary, but not surprising.

It is like the biggest bowling pin in the universe... just sitting there, waiting for the ball.

some smoldering updates....

Storm Bringer ‏@StormBringer15 18 min.
    #BREAKING NAF claim to have destroyed completely a UAF command post in #Popasnya area > all KIA there
    #ukraine #nato

marqs ‏@MarQs__ 3 min.
    Ukrainian positions in #Stanytsia_Luhanska are under fire right now

marqs ‏@MarQs__ 7 min.
    #Donetsk: Outgoing artillery fire can be heard and also reports of incoming fire

marqs ‏@MarQs__ 7 min.
    #Horlivka: Usual battles are ongoing

marqs ‏@MarQs__ 8 min.
    #Mariinka under heavy artillery fire

marqs ‏@MarQs__ 15 min.
    Incoming fire at #Donetsk Petrovskyi district, people hiding in cellars

marqs ‏@MarQs__ 18 min.
    In #Mariinka a house was hit by shells and is on fire

English Lugansk ‏@loogunda 15 min.
    22:06 #Donetsk @666_mancer Fr/#Donetsk tow/Marinka-#Starobesheve at least 3 tracked vehicles went

Conflict News ‏@Conflicts 15 min.
    UKRAINE: Reports of fighting in multiple areas across the front-lines in #Ukraine tonight.

Storm Bringer ‏@StormBringer15 2 min.
    #Breaking Ukr sources report movement of NAF tanks or SP artillery in #Dokuchaevsk area
    #ukraine #donbas #nato #maidan

shinobi ‏@shinobi22427722 3 min.
    BREAKING #reports are coming in that in #donetsk and in #lugansk troops are massing in full combat gear !! #dnr #russia #mariupol

Mikhail D. ‏@Eire_QC 6 min.
    Fighting stopped in #Marinka - Quiet. #Ukraine

marqs ‏@MarQs__ 4 h
    Looks like mobilization is ongoing in #Luhansk. Same reports coming from #Donetsk.

Mikhail D. ‏@Eire_QC 4 hod.
    #Rovenki, #Luhansk - Notable number of people in gears with backpacks heading towards the enrolment bureau. #Ukraine

Maurice Schleepen ‏@MauriceSchleepe 5 min.
    Breaking #Zaitsevo,#Gorlovka under #Ukraine junta attack with the use of tanks and mortars.

Gregor Peter ‏@L0gg0l 21 min.
    UKRAINE COMMAND POST HIT IN MARIINKA -- WITNESSES

Conflict News ‏@Conflicts 2 min.
    PHOTOS: Alleged images of a fire in #Maryinka #Ukraine following shelling tonight. - @Liveuamap / @hyeva_maryinka

marqs ‏@MarQs__ 46 sek.
    In #Dokuchaevsk, pro Russians are moving military hardware

Mikhail D. ‏@Eire_QC 24 min.
    #Marinka: Battle has restarted now. #Ukraine

Mikhail D. ‏@Eire_QC 23 min.
    #Volnovakha - Well heard hammerings. #Ukraine

Mikhail D. ‏@Eire_QC 17 min.
    #Petrovka district again - Incomings #Donetsk

Vlad ‏@okkupant186 15 min.
    #NAF units stationed near/in #Zaitsevo are under intense #BMP and #tank fire from #ukr forces as we speak. #NAF is countering actively

Storm Bringer ‏@StormBringer15 8 min
    #Breaking
    Marina Kharkova reports> NAF had to retreat from a height in #Zaitsevo due to fire & losses > it is still neutral, but
    #Gorlovka

Vlad ‏@okkupant186 12 min.
    #Donetsk petrovsky district had shells incoming not to long ago. #NAF is working hard on counter battery. #DPR #Novorossiya

Maurice Schleepen ‏@MauriceSchleepe 15 min.
    Breaking #Donetsk #Trudovskie region Under heavy #Ukraine junta attack with the use of heavy artillery.

marqs ‏@MarQs__ 1 min.
    Still very powerful outgoing artillery salvos from #Donetsk

If you have $5 million in debt, somebody else has $5 million in assets to loan you that money. If you and I have $20 between us- $10 apiece- our net assets are $20. If I loan you $10, you have $10 debt but our total net assets is still $20. Loaning it to you only changed who was holding it.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-18-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    People in Crimea have a right to choose which country they belong to and they have chosen to be apart of Russia and now a few years after, they are still are satisfied with that choice despite what you think.
    I agree that they have the the right to choose, but am skeptical of the results of votes and polling in an occupied territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The response of one with nothing better. Tough guys like you make me chuckle because you would never speak to me face to face in such a manner, if not because your mammy taught you better about manners but failed to train you in the lure of the keyboard WRT to abandoning one's manners, then because your mouth would find discretion as the better part of valor in the presence of a man with a 1911 on his hip. It is a phenomenon I have observed for many decades now - I've even seen it in action directly once or twice where some big mouth is running it up to the point they notice the weapon, at which point the eyes get big, the mouth shuts as quickly as a deluge valve, and the legs take a reflexive step to the rear.

Talk all you like if it pleases you. Makes no matter to me, but just know that some of us see what the words and their tone reveal more deeply.

Be well. Be happy. Be free.

Now, as to the actual point you made - we are in agreement, at least partly. Crimea has the right to determine as you assert... assuming there is an agreeable definition of "Crimea". You make a point, but go only part way with it. What about all the subdivisions within Crimea? Have they not the right to autodiathism (self-determination)? At one level you make the right point, yet fail in the precise same manner at another level. I'm all for autodiathism, but at the atomic level, i.e., the individual. There is no "Crimea" in the political sense, just as there is no "Russia" or "America". There are only people - individual human beings. The rest is conceptual noise.

Therefore, the secession of "Crimea" is every bit as invalid as Ukraine's claim to that territory, as well as "Crimea's" decision to become part of "Russia". It is all bull$#@! and the vast majority of people buy into it because they cannot separate themselves from these most fundamental presuppositions about the structure of reality. Nation-states are arbitrary nonsense wherein some people assume "authority" over the rest, the latter most often lackadaisically laying back and saying "any hole you want, just don't hurt me too much".

If you're going to run with an idea, go all the way.
    Oh please. Internet tough guy. Act all tough on the internet like I am supposed to be scared? Soooo scaryyy!! Please spare me your idiotic threats and ramblings. You take 4 paragraphs to say something that can be said in a couple sentences and you sound stupid along the way. Talk about going off on a tangent. If that were a sport, you'd be a gold medalist. Probably the greatest of all time.

As for Crimea, the residents had a choice of Ukraine or Russia and they OVERWHELMINGLY chose Russia and years later they are still standing by that decision. I know you being the internet tough guy that you are, you would probably go out guns blazing but the folks there in Crimea are most like normal rational people and not internet philosophers and decided to go with what would be the best for them. Hard to understand for someone like you to understand I know.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I agree that they have the the right to choose, but am skeptical of the results of votes and polling in an occupied territory.
    And why is it that you are skeptical? Because the MSM said so? Here is a GALLUP poll conducted a year AFTER the referendum.

Kenneth Rapoza , CONTRIBUTOR
    I cover business and investing in emerging markets.

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.
    The U.S and European Union may want to save Crimeans from themselves. But the Crimeans are happy right where they are.

One year after the annexation of the Ukrainian peninsula in the Black Sea, poll after poll shows that the locals there — be they Ukrainians, ethnic Russians or Tatars are mostly all in agreement: life with Russia is better than life with Ukraine.

Little has changed over the last 12 months. Despite huge efforts on the part of Kiev, Brussels, Washington and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, the bulk of humanity living on the Black Sea peninsula believe the referendum to secede from Ukraine was legit. At some point, the West will have to recognize Crimea’s right to self rule. Unless we are all to believe that the locals polled by Gallup and GfK were done so with FSB bogey men standing by with guns in their hands.

In June 2014, a Gallup poll with the Broadcasting Board of Governors asked Crimeans if the results in the March 16, 2014 referendum to secede reflected the views of the people. A total of 82.8% of Crimeans said yes. When broken down by ethnicity, 93.6% of ethnic Russians said they believed the vote to secede was legitimate, while 68.4% of Ukrainians felt so. Moreover, when asked if joining Russia will ultimately make life better for them and their family, 73.9% said yes while 5.5% said no.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoz.../#584b6bb45951
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

When the Anglo-American establishment starts moving offensive missile systems up to the front door of Russia, well you know what lies ahead................

I don't know how many of you have been following Russell Texas Bentley since he
    took it upon himself to fight for the Donetsk Republic back in 2014, but he's an
    American veteran who has been living there ever since, he's done much in the way
    of fighting to defend Donbass, charity, and now trying to speak more to stop the war
    but this latest message is chilling because he says he's heard a rumor that war is coming
    in late August.
    Russell has a website of his own you can look up, and a you tube channel. I was first
    made aware of him via Rense interviews.

Bentley is awesome.... EXACTLY what is needed.
    words = action. great post.

Epilogue: Putin: Russia will not cut off relations with Ukraine after Kiev's plot in Crimea
    (again Russia showing restraint despite 2 deaths and planned sabotage and Kiev lying/denying)

Only in Kiev

=======================

Russian Market ‏@russian_market 31 minHá 31 minutos
    Ukraine Says Gazprom Cuts Transit Again as Nord Stream Online:
    pressure at key border point 53.5 atm vs min. 60 atm due in contract - Blmbrg

Storm Bringer ‏@StormBringer15 · 17 min.
    #BREAKING IMF Funds for #Ukraine: Further IMF bailout for Ukraine delayed (again)
    #poroshenko #donbas #groisman #eu
    More free money for the criminals in Kiev
    Last edited by goldenequity; 08-23-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Just another night of Minsk 2 peace violations exchanging fire
    Battle in Shyrokyno, the night of 22-23 august 2016

Ukraine

Givi ‏@MikhailTolstyk · 23. 8.
    "#Russian invasion of #Ukraine" Undeniable proof!
    (take one.... ACTION!)

-------------------

NedoUkraïnka ‏@ValLisitsa · 3 h
    Alexander Zuckerman, 32, handcuffed, beaten and shot dead in his front yard, where he slept in his car after an argument with his wife.

Two bullets in the heart, point-blank.
    Police fled, leaving the handcuffed body of the father of two in a puddle.

NedoUkraïnka ‏@ValLisitsa · 3 hod.
    Riots erupt, as so-called "New" Ukrainian police, US-trained, brutally murders a man in front of his wife and kids.

Six policemen taken into custody, the crowds gather, ready to lynch them.

====================

Independence day in Lviv: (w. Ukraine near Polish border)

Last edited by goldenequity; 08-25-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Ukraine claimed it is ready to take on Yasinovataya, a DNR town.

Russia mobilized southern command as a warning.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So to celebrate independence day they have half naked women pole-dancing in front of a bunch of kids?

Quote Originally Posted by SewrRatt View Post
    So to celebrate independence day they have half naked women pole-dancing in front of a bunch of kids?
    I don't take it against them. The country is so $#@!ed that people hardly care about anything. They are just trying to survive this hell. There are a lot of crazies on the streets and reprimanding them could mean your life. So people just ignore $#@! like this no matter how ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by SewrRatt View Post
    LOL!! I am wondering what is going on with those pictures? Are they celebrating? Are they on the brink of war? Let's bring out the strippers just in case!

Best Health 4 You ‏@besthealthyou 6 hod.
    Pro #Nazi thugs from #Svoboda destroyed the store of Hasidic Jews in Uman.
    The radicals attacked the Jews with pepper spray. It looked like pogroms.

Last edited by goldenequity; 08-27-2016 at 07:47 PM.

ISS pic / Russia-Crimea - Kerch Strait Bridge Progress

Shadowy Ex-DARPA Head Becomes Consultant to Ukraine's Military Industry

Anthony Tether

(a little golden parachute eh Tony?)

=======================

Enrico Ivanov‏@Russ_Warrior 42 min.
    G20: President #Putin has officially refused to meet #Poroshenko, Normandy Format has de facto ended.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 08-30-2016 at 03:28 PM.

John Delacour ‏@JohnDelacour · 1 hod.
    #Ukraine has sold the unique An-225 “Mriya” and all its technical specs to #China
    —@CCTV (Coupsters & Oligarchs bankrupting the country, selling off National assets.. )

THIS article says ownership 'rights' stay w/ Ukraine.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 08-31-2016 at 11:26 AM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Oh please. Internet tough guy. Act all tough on the internet like I am supposed to be scared?
    Your reading comprehension appears to be challenged.

And using someone else's words as if they were your own. How gauche. How declassé.

Please spare me your idiotic threats and ramblings.
    I also see that your threat assessment skills are nothing to write home about.

You take 4 paragraphs to say something that can be said in a couple sentences and you sound stupid along the way. Talk about going off on a tangent. If that were a sport, you'd be a gold medalist. Probably the greatest of all time.
    And yet you take the time to respond. All hail rocket surgery.

I find it amusing to note how you seem to seek out my posts for your invective. Have you nothing better to do with your time?

Your reading comprehension appears to be challenged.

And using someone else's words as if they were your own. How gauche. How declassé.

I also see that your threat assessment skills are nothing to write home about.

And yet you take the time to respond. All hail rocket surgery.

I find it amusing to note how you seem to seek out my posts for your invective. Have you nothing better to do with your time?
    I find it amusing that you think so highly of yourself. Do you think that you are some sort of internet celebrity or something? Making threats like some internet tough guy as if anyone would be scared. Then you think that I seek out your posts? Look who started this thread dumb dumb. I'm just replying to your idiotic ramblings. Throwing out a lifeline and pulling you back to reality before you float too far away in your mind.

I bet you are a Trump supporter. The dumb dumbs on these forums usually are Trump supporters.
    Last edited by twomp; 08-31-2016 at 11:12 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast