Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Levin: Drugs are not a victimless crime

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    k never mind. I guess I misread your earlier posts.

Believe it or not, there are things exercise doesn't cure. Your anecdote about hurting your back doesn't mean jack when it comes to chronic pain, deformities, disease, and structural infirmities. Depending on how you "hurt your back" by the way, pushing yourself as hard as you could right away could have some awful side effects many years down the line.

Hope you never get anything serious that might actually require a chemical adjustment (natural or otherwise). I also hope that you make a distinction between drug use and abuse, otherwise you're just being ridiculous.
    99% of these people just want to get high. Don't be fooled by the, "oh it's for my back" excuses. If it's really all about his back pain, he could get marijuana without thc. I bet he won't do that.
    Last edited by misterx; 08-13-2016 at 12:51 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    misterx asserts: Drugs don't fall into that category, although they are extremely damaging to society. I'm inclined to let people destroy their own lives though if that's what they want. It's a really tough issue.

...what's even more 'damaging to society' is the jailing, harassing, ostracizing, taxation, etc., ?your and levin's stinking stooooooooooooooopid republicrat drug prohibition has unleashed...

...i believe you'll find that ?your rotten, CLEARLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL pot prohibition (starting in ?1937 at the fed. level) has been attended by a HUGE increase in pot use...

...so ?your gd republicrat fools enacted fed. pot laws to [supposedly] curb pot use...at a time when hardly anyone had even heard of pot....now, after some 80 years of ?your stinking prohibition it's hard to find a republicrat who hasn't been photographed sucking on a bong at college!!...

...and despite this horrible record, ?you republicrats are still torn about this really 'tough issue'...

...gd. republicrat. fools.
    Again, I never said it should be regulated by the state. You people are seriously obtuse.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

...sorry, misterx, but anyone who thinks this is 'a really tough issue' is morbidly obtuse...

...sorry, misterx, but anyone who thinks this is 'a really tough issue' is morbidly obtuse...
    And anyone who thinks it's not has his head in the sand. If you had seen the things I've seen, you wouldn't be so cavalier about it. Have you ever been out of your mom's basement?

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    99% of these people just want to get high. Don't be fooled by the, "oh it's for my back" excuses. If it's really all about his back pain, he could get marijuana without thc. I bet he won't do that.
    And some people drink for the buzz. Until it becomes destructive, I don't see that it's anyone else's business. Even then, it's very SLIGHTLY the business of the people directly affected by it.

You can look down your nose at people who medicate themselves, which is one of those opinions that doesn't survive a lifetime of problems not solved by walking it off.

The question isn't why pcosmar wouldn't take marijuana without THC. The question is why you feel so smug and superior about this. You gamble with your health quite frequently, whether you admit to it or not. You do things for the joy of doing them, or for the hope that you enjoy them. You weigh the risks and decide what you'll do and how you'll do it.

This is why I pointed out abuse versus use. If I use something once a year or so to combat cold/flu symptoms, that's different than guzzling Tussin or cooking up something worse with it. The reason it's worse isn't some inherent aspect of the substance, but in the increasing likelihood that I'm going to damage those around me and possibly beyond.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

And anyone who thinks it's not has his head in the sand. If you had seen the things I've seen, you wouldn't be so cavalier about it. Have you ever been out of your mom's basement?
    That's fabulously inspired and original. How do you come up with it?

"Mom's basement." I'm going to memorize that. Hell, I'd better write it down: "Assert that those who disagree with me are inexperienced and life in their mother's basement." I've never heard it before, and I want to ensure my correct use of this pithy comeback.

Do you have an insult for when the person is from a geographic location that precludes basements? That's kind of a stumper for me.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And some people drink for the buzz. Until it becomes destructive, I don't see that it's anyone else's business. Even then, it's very SLIGHTLY the business of the people directly affected by it.

You can look down your nose at people who medicate themselves, which is one of those opinions that doesn't survive a lifetime of problems not solved by walking it off.

The question isn't why pcosmar wouldn't take marijuana without THC. The question is why you feel so smug and superior about this. You gamble with your health quite frequently, whether you admit to it or not. You do things for the joy of doing them, or for the hope that you enjoy them. You weigh the risks and decide what you'll do and how you'll do it.

This is why I pointed out abuse versus use. If I use something once a year or so to combat cold/flu symptoms, that's different than guzzling Tussin or cooking up something worse with it. The reason it's worse isn't some inherent aspect of the substance, but in the increasing likelihood that I'm going to damage those around me and possibly beyond.
    Like I've said half a dozen times in this thread already, if he wants to do it he can go ahead. People need to be educated about the dangers of drugs, alcohol, high fat diets, or whatever else can harm them. If they still insist on doing it then that's their right, but they shouldn't expect any help from me when it ends badly. If my tax dollars weren't going to support them after they destroy their lives, then frankly I wouldn't give a damn what they do, it would all sort itself out naturally.

Edit: And quite frankly, you have no right to tell me who I can and can't look down my nose at. If people want to look down on me for what I say or do, like some in this thread do, then so be it. I don't care because I'm secure in my beliefs. If it bothers them that I look down on them for doing drugs then maybe they aren't so secure in their belief that it's harmless.
    Last edited by misterx; 08-13-2016 at 01:29 PM.

That's fabulously inspired and original. How do you come up with it?

"Mom's basement." I'm going to memorize that. Hell, I'd better write it down: "Assert that those who disagree with me are inexperienced and life in their mother's basement." I've never heard it before, and I want to ensure my correct use of this pithy comeback.

Do you have an insult for when the person is from a geographic location that precludes basements? That's kind of a stumper for me.
    It fits. I've found that most people who think that way have lived very sheltered lives, even if he doesn't still live with his parents, he's likely never been exposed to the darker side of society.

It fits. I've found that most people who think that way have lived very sheltered lives, even if he doesn't still live with his parents, he's likely never been exposed to the darker side of society.
    I find that most people that have to fling the "basement" label lack creativity, and are often projecting onto others something they're a bit ashamed of.

The characterization of anyone that's ever taken drugs (legal or otherwise) as some kind of awful creature destined to spiral downward and die of their own idiocy speaks much more of yourself than anyone else in this thread.

I find that most people that have to fling the "basement" label lack creativity, and are often projecting onto others something they're a bit ashamed of.

The characterization of anyone that's ever taken drugs (legal or otherwise) as some kind of awful creature destined to spiral downward and die of their own idiocy speaks much more of yourself than anyone else in this thread.
    I won't lose any sleep over your feelings about me.

If you had seen the things I've seen, you wouldn't be so cavalier about it.

...i've seen a lot of people whose lives have been ruined/partially ruined as a result of ?your gd fool republicrat drug 'laws'...

...?your miserable republicrat fools have taken some [maybe] poor choices made by individuals and turned it into a murderous drug war police/prison state...driving up the price of 'drugs' and therefore the real 'crime' associated with drug addiction/abuse..get real...

...you seem pretty 'cavalier' about that...

..(prohibitionist peckerheads: see 'forbidden fruit complex')

How much you got? I'll leave this forum forever for ten thousand US dollars.

If you had seen the things I've seen, you wouldn't be so cavalier about it.

...i've seen a lot of people whose lives have been ruined/partially ruined as a result of ?your gd fool republicrat drug 'laws'...

...?your miserable republicrat fools have taken some [maybe] poor choices made by individuals and turned it into a murderous drug war police/prison state...driving up the price of 'drugs' and therefore the real 'crime' associated with drug use..get real...

...you seem pretty 'cavalier' about that...

..(prohibitionist peckerheads: see 'forbidden fruit complex')
    Again, Mr. Obtuse can't get it through his thick skull that I'm not in favor of prohibition, I'm in favor of education. Let me be more explicit, I think drug abuse is a mental health issue, not a criminal one.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Getting prescribed drugs from a licensed doctor is an act of coercive violence by the state for both the patient and the doctor.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

mistermorbidly obtuse asserts: Like I've said half a dozen times in this thread already, if he wants to do it he can go ahead. People need to be educated about the dangers of drugs, alcohol, high fat diets, or whatever else can harm them.

...please remove cranium from sphincter...people who 'want to' can 'go ahead' and grow/sell/use/etc. pot and other 'illegal drugs' AND risk severe fines, jail, etc..wake up...your statement is asinine...people who 'want to' can 'go ahead' and steal, beat people up, rape them, etc...

...i take it critical thinking is not your forte...maybe some alex jones' 'brain force' pills would placate you...

...btw, republicrats speak of victimless 'crimes'... but decent, enlightened folks understand a true 'crime' happens when someone violates someone else's rights...and i'm sorry, but ?you and that gd fool mark levin don't have a right to dictate 'drug prohibitions/laws' which deny individuals their obvious rights to self medication, plant cultivation, etc..in fact, ?your prohibitionists are truly criminals..as they harm people for merely exercising their obvious 'god-given' rights...wtfu...

...?your republicrat prohibitionist dinks have done tremendous harm...it seems to me that, at a minimum, it's time to stop apologizing for these gd fools...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 08-13-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Lol A little exercise would be better for your back. I hurt my back a month ago. The doctor said stay in bed for 2 months. I pushed myself as hard as I could, and in three days I was walking around again, in a week I was completely recovered. You don't need drugs to help you through life unless you are weak. It might make you feel better, but what else is it doing you?
    My back was damaged when an out of control Cop put his knee into it.

It is physical damage. I spent the next 9 years heating a Four Bedroom Farmhouse with wood (aprox 20 full cords). and I weigh less than I50 lbs.

I am pretty sure Oxycot is prescribed for less than I deal with. Cannabis is far less debilitating..In fact it enhances my abilities.

as to what else it is doing.. well
    The full range of beneficial effects is unknown,, as far as negative effects..NONE KNOWN.

Except,,I would not mind the price coming down more.. but as the market grows it should.

as it is,, it is affordable,,,on the very little I make (to avoid taxes).
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I'm in favor of education.
    And in need.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

If you're talking about Pete he's old enough to be your father and has certainly seen and done things that would terrify someone who holds your expressed beliefs and attitudes.

Bull $hit

And yes there are many strains,,and each with slightly differing characteristics. Pain relief is only one.
    And they do produce several low THC/ High CBD strains. Those are particularly helpful to folks with epilepsy and/or nerve damage.

It is beneficial to many ailments,

The euphoric effect,, is common to all,, is not debilitating. The beneficial effects are still being Relearned.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    If you're talking about Pete he's old enough to be your father and has certainly seen and done things that would terrify someone who holds your expressed beliefs and attitudes.
    A sheltered life?

not exactly..

LOL

Funny to see folks so convinced of their own error.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    LOL. No kidding. Pete holds my respect in life experience and outlook even when we disagree.
    Last edited by RJB; 08-13-2016 at 04:00 PM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol A little exercise would be better for your back. I hurt my back a month ago. The doctor said stay in bed for 2 months. I pushed myself as hard as I could, and in three days I was walking around again, in a week I was completely recovered. You don't need drugs to help you through life unless you are weak. It might make you feel better, but what else is it doing you?
    And you talk about others being sheltered, good grief. It really does happen that you can't always just tough it out, there are methods to greatly decrease your back pain but using your own limited experience as an example of someone being weak because they have a more severe injury is asinine at best.
    "The Patriarch"

If it bothers them that I look down on them for doing drugs then maybe they aren't so secure in their belief that it's harmless.
    It does not bother me.. nor my wife (71 yrs),, my employer,, and in this state,, it does not bother the state.

Ignorance masquerading as information bothers me some.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

You have made some valid points. The rest have been pretty weak, IMO. Perhaps par for the course, but then you trotted out this clapped out old girl that reminds me of the politician who attempts to justify his stooge-like position on some issue by rolling out the similarly tired, "you don't know what I know..."

I've seen plenty in my life - lives destroyed, people killed before my very own eye balls. I suspect plenty of us here have seen more than you might imagine.

Do as you please, of course, but I would suggest keeping it real. YMMV.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Holy crap... you cannot be serious. Your one-size-fits-all (OSFA) approach is a potentially disastrous way of dealing with injuries. Exercise and determination may have worked for YOU... this time. If you were ever to be seriously injured, I suspect you would come to a new and very different understanding. This is especially true as you age. I'm not as ancient as Pete, but at 58 things are very different from when I was 28. I will grant that I am in pretty good shape - better than many half my age, largely due to the large volumes of back-breaking physical labor with which I now occupy myself, but I am not what once I was. My parts hurt, getting out of bed isn't as easy - nor is getting up off the floor. If I do any jujutsu these days, my ukemi is relatively questionable, and I have to be more careful when acting as uke because I can FEEL that I am more brittle than I used to be. It would be a lot easier to inflict lifelong maiming injuries on me now than when I was much younger.

OSFA is generally not a very good approach to life. Everyone is different in some way and capacity. That should be respected and it seems to me that you do not.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Holy crap... you cannot be serious. Your one-size-fits-all (OSFA) approach is a potentially disastrous way of dealing with injuries. Exercise and determination may have worked for YOU... this time. If you were ever to be seriously injured, I suspect you would come to a new and very different understanding. This is especially true as you age. I'm not as ancient as Pete, but at 58 things are very different from when I was 28. I will grant that I am in pretty good shape - better than many half my age, largely due to the large volumes of back-breaking physical labor with which I now occupy myself, but I am not what once I was. My parts hurt, getting out of bed isn't as easy - nor is getting up off the floor. If I do any jujutsu these days, my ukemi is relatively questionable, and I have to be more careful when acting as uke because I can FEEL that I am more brittle than I used to be. It would be a lot easier to inflict lifelong maiming injuries on me now than when I was much younger.

OSFA is generally not a very good approach to life. Everyone is different in some way and capacity. That should be respected and it seems to me that you do not.
    We're the same age and it sounds like we are aging similarly. I still do a fairly significant amount of physical labor also, I see the results of those who don't and want no part of it. Use it or lose it as they say.
    "The Patriarch"

Again, I never said it should be regulated by the state. You people are seriously obtuse.
    I noticed that too. I think some people need to lay off the wacky weed.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Thank you for doing your part to ostracize these people so they can't be productive members of society.

They could certainly use your help in Colorado. People are getting way too comfortable with drug use over there. First marijuana, then what? LSD? Shrooms? Imagine the horror if people got addicted to these dangerous substances, living forever in a bad trip they can't escape from because these substances are so incredibly addictive.

Thank you so much for helping to lay judgment on these people, but we still have so much more work to do!
    Bravo, sir.

mistermorbidly obtuse asserts: Like I've said half a dozen times in this thread already, if he wants to do it he can go ahead. People need to be educated about the dangers of drugs, alcohol, high fat diets, or whatever else can harm them.

...please remove cranium from sphincter...people who 'want to' can 'go ahead' and grow/sell/use/etc. pot and other 'illegal drugs' AND risk severe fines, jail, etc..wake up...your statement is asinine...people who 'want to' can 'go ahead' and steal, beat people up, rape them, etc...

...i take it critical thinking is not your forte...maybe some alex jones' 'brain force' pills would placate you...

...btw, republicrats speak of victimless 'crimes'... but decent, enlightened folks understand a true 'crime' happens when someone violates someone else's rights...and i'm sorry, but ?you and that gd fool mark levin don't have a right to dictate 'drug prohibitions/laws' which deny individuals their obvious rights to self medication, plant cultivation, etc..in fact, ?your prohibitionists are truly criminals..as they harm people for merely exercising their obvious 'god-given' rights...wtfu...

...?your republicrat prohibitionist dinks have done tremendous harm...it seems to me that, at a minimum, it's time to stop apologizing for these gd fools...
    Are you retarded or what? I said DRUGS SHOULD BE LEGAL What part of that don't you understand? Obviously you've already fried your brain.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast