Thread: General Election Predictions - August 10 Edition

General Election Predictions - August 10 Edition

What will the election results map look like on the morning of November 9th?

We'll do this periodically until the election.

You may wish to use the RCP map-making tool.

Here's my prediction:

Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 08-10-2016 at 06:26 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

For perspective:

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/...00973331456000
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Clinton by double digits in popular vote and a landslide in the electoral college. Trump will lose worse than Goldwater.

Unfortunately I have to that unless Hillary is hit with something major, or fails hard in the last debate she will win with 273 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    For perspective:

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/...00973331456000
    This is my exact map.

297 to 241 Trump. But who knows by election time.....anything goes
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    297 to 241 Trump. But who knows by election time.....anything goes
    I'd be most curious to see how that works state-by-state.

This map is slightly inaccurate because it offers no ability to split the electoral vote in Maine. Final tally will actually be 291-247. This assumes no major October surprise scandal for Hillary. If Putin unveils the emails, Trump breaks 300.

I agree with the post above, except for NV and UT, Hillary will carry NV, Johnson Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Clinton by double digits in popular vote and a landslide in the electoral college. Trump will lose worse than Goldwater.
    Second.
    "I am a bird"

I predict that on the morning of November 9th, the election results map will look like "we are so screwed."

I have no particular graphical illustration to offer in regard to this prediction. Just a general feeling ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

what if: Trump loses PA, bringing him down to 269.Hillary also 269. ? goes to house and senate (for VP)

Trump may be lucky to get 40% of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I predict that on the morning of November 9th, the election results map will look like "we are so screwed."

I have no particular graphical illustration to offer in regard to this prediction. Just a general feeling ...
    I predicted this in 1958.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Trump 289, Clinton 243, Johnson takes Utah. Based on the energized vote/change turnout and monster wave analysis discussed elsewhere, Trump is estimated to win the popular vote by about 5 million votes or more. Polling only reflects stated preference, not the degree of intent to bother to vote. Basically, anywhere Hillary leads by 5 points or less, means Trump will likely win by 1-2 points or more, when the energized turnout factor is accounted for:

-----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Trump 289, Clinton 243, Johnson takes Utah. Based on the energized vote/change turnout and monster wave analysis discussed elsewhere, Trump is estimated to win the popular vote by about 5 million votes or more. Polling only reflects stated preference, not the degree of intent to bother to vote. Basically, anywhere Hillary leads by 5 points or less, means Trump will likely win by 1-2 points or more, when the energized turnout factor is accounted for:

Just like the 1948 election with Truman, Trump can win solely based on the monster vote. Economic conditions are so abysmal in the Midwest and rust belt, that he will likely outperform there. I'm not so certain the east coast understands the gravity of the economy, so Trump's message could be less effective.