Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have been looking for an old , poorer condition cigar store wooden indian

I have been looking for an old , poorer condition cigar store wooden indian

For my back Porch , by the door to the Mrs.'s sewing office .Any ideas of good places to look ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Thanks WP,I looked at a couple of those already , modern reproductions , which I may have to go with. Looks like the most bang for the buck is the 5 foot @ 245 or the 3 foot @ 50 with free shipping out of Fla

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    For my back Porch , by the door to the Mrs.'s sewing office .Any ideas of good places to look ?
    Etsy? The real antique ones are $$$$

If this gets too pricey , I am sure Danke will chip in a bit ......

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Etsy? The real antique ones are $$$$
    I know they are expensive , so I thought I would shoot for a poor condition one , or I may have to settle for a new one . As long as it is all real wood I will be happy . Thanks Carly .

I passed on one yesterday . It was nice , and old ( but not real old) , but it was only about 2 ft.

Thanks WP,I looked at a couple of those already , modern reproductions , which I may have to go with. Looks like the most bang for the buck is the 5 foot @ 245 or the 3 foot @ 50 with free shipping out of Fla
    That is what I was thinking as well.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I always feel bad for cigar store Indians.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I think I may hold out for one that is around my size .

I think I may hold out for one that is around my size .
    Make one of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

what is your budget?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    what is your budget?
    I have not really decided yet. I am never telling the wife what I spend on it , because after I am dead , I would not want my Daughters standing around out back saying " I cannot believe Dad spent that much on that".

If this gets too pricey , I am sure Danke will chip in a bit ......
    I set one of those on fire when I was a kid
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I would take it , probably in my price range , my squaw can repaint it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would take it , probably in my price range , my squaw can repaint it.
    "My squaw". Sounds very possessive. Don't you guys share your women?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"My squaw". Sounds very possessive. Don't you guys share your women?
    I never have , I dunno about others .

Sounds like one of those sins you need to atone for .

I love the one of "Chief Sitting Bull" in the link from ebay. I wish I could buy it for you. Maybe Danke could atone for his sin with that one.
    Last edited by Working Poor; 08-08-2016 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I love the one of "Chief Sitting Bull" in the link from ebay. I wish I could buy it for you. Maybe Danke could atone for his sin with that one.
    Wow, and it was Geronimo a little while ago. That's a nifty feature, changing identities.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Sold one at a garage sale a few months back. Was five foot tall, not sure how old it was. Father in law had cleaned it up and varnished it years ago, but that was mostly worn away. Sister in law sold it to first guy who asked for $50. Guy who bought it picked it later, but while it was there, a lot of people were interested.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Sold one at a garage sale a few months back. Was five foot tall, not sure how old it was. Father in law had cleaned it up and varnished it years ago, but that was mostly worn away. Sister in law sold it to first guy who asked for $50. Guy who bought it picked it later, but while it was there, a lot of people were interested.
    Tell him I will go 100 on the next one , maybe more .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can attest it will take a great deal to begin to atone for the sins of Danke , but this would be a very good start .

I can attest it will take a great deal to begin to atone for the sins of Danke , but this would be a very good start .
    You could paint Danke and make him stand there

You could must paint Danke and make him stand there
    FIFY
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Wow, and it was Geronimo a little while ago. That's a nifty feature, changing identities.
    You caught me...

You could paint Danke and make him stand there
    Maybe I could find Danke something scary to wear like a necklace of shrunken heads or something ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast