Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump endorses Paul Ryan, John McCain

Donald Trump endorses Paul Ryan, John McCain

Make America Great Again!!!!!

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump Friday evening issued an endorsement for House Speaker Paul Ryan – a reversal from the several days ago when he said he “wasn’t quite there yet.”

Trump’s comments earlier in the week were a jab at Paul’s comments from weeks ago when the Wisconsin Senator expressed unease at supporting the party’s nominee.

“In our shared mission to make America great again, I support and endorse Paul Ryan,” Trump said in Green Bay, Wisconsin. “He’s a good man and a good guy. We may disagree on a couple things but we mostly agree.”

Trump then threw his support behind Sen. John McCain. The two have been in conflict over comments Trump made toward the family of a slain American serviceman.

This story will be updated.

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/do...rses-paul-ryan
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "anti-establishment"
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

So far this year Trump has endorsed anti-establishment outsiders Renee Ellmers, John McCain, and Paul Ryan. Am I missing anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    So far this year Trump has endorsed anti-establishment outsiders Renee Ellmers, John McCain, and Paul Ryan. Am I missing anyone?
    Slim Shady.

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Nobody's perfect.

War boy enjoys supporting the system, he lives it, he believes in it.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

so? he's still not Hillary.

Kinda like Rand supporting McConnell, total pay to play, but comparatively speaking, won't impact his base at all. I'm still hoping that McCain loses his primary so I can see the word "former" next to his office title whenever his ugly mug is on television.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The media has been trying to pretend that Trump is losing in the polls, partially due to his failure to win over the GOP establishment, when in truth, his key to winning is getting independents voting for him. I don't think independents like Paul Ryan, McCain, or Ayotte that much. It seems Trump is bowing to inner circle pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Kinda like Rand supporting McConnell, total pay to play, but comparatively speaking, won't impact his base at all. I'm still hoping that McCain loses his primary so I can see the word "former" next to his office title whenever his ugly mug is on television.
    If he wanted McCain to lose, he should have endorsed Kelli Ward.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Republican-Establishment "Antidisestablishmentarianism"

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Yes, but you see how this damages Trump's image of being "anti-establishment," compared to those who criticized Sen. Paul for appearing "establishment" by endorsing people like McConnell and Romney (as well as at the beginning of his Presidential campaign), right? That's the point of the OP, I think.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaIconoclast View Post
    The media has been trying to pretend that Trump is losing in the polls, partially due to his failure to win over the GOP establishment, when in truth, his key to winning is getting independents voting for him. I don't think independents like Paul Ryan, McCain, or Ayotte that much. It seems Trump is bowing to inner circle pressure.
    Trump's candidacy is entirely dependent upon live campaign appearances and the news cycle. Part of winning the news cycle part of it will be keeping Fox News at least nominally on his side, which is entirely why he is trying to build bridges with the GOP elites. It's the same reason why he had nothing but good things to say about Roger Ailes when he "retired" in disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Yes, but you see how this damages Trump's image of being "anti-establishment," compared to those who criticized Sen. Paul for appearing "establishment" by endorsing people like McConnell and Romney (as well as at the beginning of his Presidential campaign), right? That's the point of the OP, I think.
    It only really damages his image with people who are paying close attention and who aren't flying on sheer emotion. Trump's entire ascendancy in the primary was based on raw rage, and some of Ron Paul's original support base were swept up by it and will likewise not be swayed by this (there's a guy on YouTube called "Red Pill Philosophy" that is a good example of this).

Part of why I am not going to participate in this election (aside from my adopted Covenanter dissent against the U.S. Constitution) is that my vote isn't really going to matter (not that it ever did). There is a wave that's been building, and I'm of a mind to just get out of its way rather than be crushed by it, and then later see if there are any pieces left to pick up.

We live to fight another day, or so that saying goes.

Rand Paul was closer to agreeing with McCain being a war hero; & immigration.

Doesn't mean Rand is wrong on a bunch of other pressing issues.

McCain is too big to have an effect. Arizonans have seen their citizens killed by McCain's willing minions of the globalists: war, islamists or illegal Mexicans.

Ayotte is probably the worst one; like with Palin perhaps helping Ayotte win by 1 point in 2010 primary.

Ingraham endorsed Ward & probably the others. Ingraham is clearly closer to Trump and vice versa.

I dont think there is a double cross here; but these races need publicity and the flip flips by Trump help that.

Cantor lost because he gave Brat publicity.

I dont even know how close Rubens can get to competing with Ayotte. The big question is the damage he can do; and crossover support Maggie Hassan gets for being the only Syrian-blocker in the entire Dem Party.

Id vote for Hassan/ Trump because she will not support the Mike Lee/ Lindsey Graham/ Kelly Ayotte Sheldon Adelson Gambling ban.

Wisconsin is not very populist; and pretty much wants a circle jerk on how Ryan & Walker tweaked the budget by 1%.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 08-05-2016 at 09:50 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Wow he really turned that one around quick as soon as his poll numbers burped
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He clearly wasn't happy about it.

Do any of you hypocrites remember Ron Paul endorsing Lamar Smith and why he said he had to do it?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Trump has a strong record of defending freedom and liberty. This endorsement doesn't mean anything!
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Rand endorsed Thad, Pat Roberts & Lamar in close senate races.

Trump endorsed Renee Ellmers to lose by 20.

I think McCain & Rand are on the same page on voter fraud & Ward/Trump are somewhere else on voter fraud.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

it looked forced, he even read it. looked like someone wrote it, and forced him to say it. they say Ryan is way ahead but is he really? if so the Trump endorsement means nothing; but if he is close Ryan needed it desperately

Trump has no idea what the heck he is doing. Just more proof of that. No I dont think it is wrong ro endorse, it is politically necessary, but this clown only did it after taking heat for not doing it beforehand. Itll be a bitter sweet election. Seeing Trump lose in a landslide and be humiliated will be great as will seeing all his flock weeping. Unfortunately that also means Clinton winning so itll be a short lived moment of joy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosControl View Post
    Trump has no idea what the heck he is doing. Just more proof of that. No I dont think it is wrong ro endorse, it is politically necessary, but this clown only did it after taking heat for not doing it beforehand. Itll be a bitter sweet election. Seeing Trump lose in a landslide and be humiliated will be great as will seeing all his flock weeping. Unfortunately that also means Clinton winning so itll be a short lived moment of joy.
    Hillary still will have to deal with a majority senate and house that would be a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    it looked forced, he even read it. looked like someone wrote it, and forced him to say it. they say Ryan is way ahead but is he really? if so the Trump endorsement means nothing; but if he is close Ryan needed it desperately
    Wisconsin is the most cucked state in the Union. Ryan's challenger has no chance. Wisconsin is going to be the absolute last state in America to rid itself of the globalist/corporate parasite class and by the time that happens there probably won't be any Wisconsinites left. The entire state will be one huge lawless, third world Somali reservation in the middle of America. That's a big reason why Ryan was named Speaker. They know that of all the globalist shills in the House, he stands the least chance of ever getting Cantored for his treasonous views.

McCain going down is far more likely. Ward has gotten her name out there enough and Arizona's electorate is decent enough that there is a chance they'll revolt.

Trump did his part for both candidates. His tweet brought Nehlen massive media attention the week before the election and that's all Trump really could do for the guy. Trump isn't wildly popular in Wisconsin so anything more than that might have been counterproductive.

And Ward has been dutifully attending Trump events for the better part of year. Everybody knows she's on the Trump train. Trump can't endorse her though because her odds of winning are probably at best 50/50. If he endorses and she loses Trump looks week and he's got to look after his own image first.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Hillary still will have to deal with a majority senate and house that would be a Republican.
    The Senate will be close to 50-50. The GOP will lose Mark Kirk, Ron Johnson no matter what. Portman, Toomey, Ayotte are vulnerable.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump's endorsement of Renee Ellmers netted her a 53%-23% loss. She would have got 20% regardless.

Most Republican voters in Arizona know what McCain is: He's a war hero with an open borders agenda. It's not like Trump is offering him cover on any issue or offering him an ad he can run.

Trump is doing stupid things Manafort told him to do; but not really long term damage.

If Ryan becomes a lobbyist or Mccain loses; he's not going to wax lyrical about McCain like the media probably will. It will be a week long funeral for the media if McCain loses the primary or general.

Toomey's running against someone as useless as Alison Grimes, he's safe. They should have ran Sestak but Biden wanted some more women to touch.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 08-06-2016 at 01:49 AM.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:

CNN

@CNN

Trump: "I hold, in the highest esteem, Senator John McCain. ... and I fully support and endorse his re-election"
    7:32 PM - 5 Aug 2016

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/761721567537684480

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...21183008067584
    Last edited by CPUd; 08-07-2016 at 07:23 AM.

I wonder to what extent the establishment politicians abandoning Trump think they will subsequently win the support in 2020 of all of the people that voted for Trump in the 2016 primaries. Establishment Republicans fleeing to Hillary is proof that there is really only one party. LOL.
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-06-2016 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He clearly wasn't happy about it.

Do any of you hypocrites remember Ron Paul endorsing Lamar Smith and why he said he had to do it?
    Wasn't happy about it? Then why did he do it? I thought Trump was the big wrecking ball that was going to take down the establishment. He doesn't need anybody right? He's the great Trumpaloopa, he says and does what he wants to. And now all the Trumpertarians can do is squawk "but, but, so and so did it too!!"
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Wasn't happy about it? Then why did he do it? I thought Trump was the big wrecking ball that was going to take down the establishment. He doesn't need anybody right? He's the great Trumpaloopa, he says and does what he wants to. And now all the Trumpertarians can do is squawk "but, but, so and so did it too!!"
    If he ever got elected, Trump would bend over for Putin much the same way he bent over last night.

Maybe the issue is that nobody ever wrote it down for him to read before.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast