Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bill Weld is Still Pro Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Texas is southern America. It is not "south america."

"south america" has connotation of being dirty, poor, brown, etc. e.g. mexico or honduras
    Well, I live in both northerrn America and North America.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That's what happens when there is not someone with libertarian principles to rally behind. This really could have been the year. If only this could have been the set-up in '12 and Ron had switched affiliation and ran as the L.P. candidate.
    I hear you, and agree they have few distinct libertarian principles, but I still hope to gd this is the year to break the damned ballot access hurdles and at least expose the disinterested masses to the existence and potential strength of 3rd Parties. Right and wrong, J/W are liberty minded and relatively honest, as far as I can tell. At this point I'm taking the no-one is perfect stance and am just hoping to move the ball down the field towards [what most all r3VOLUtionarys kinda agree on as a sorta goal]...

IMO there is much to be made of this run and I trust that interested new people, once exposed to the actual few tenets of [what most all r3VOLUtionarys kinda agree on], those people will come around no matter who led them in, (yes even those led by mittens himself.) The idea is to grow the tent, right? And don't most of us know former neo-con types who are now full on anarchists types? How many of them came only to argue? How many were turned by the grassroots rather than RP himself?

Yes, the watchlist thing was especially cringeworthy, but if I see a chance to move the damn ball I'll bear that cringe and work harder. Cuz I'm a one foot in front of the other kinda guy.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    I hear you, and agree they have few distinct libertarian principles, but I still hope to gd this is the year to break the damned ballot access hurdles and at least expose the disinterested masses to the existence and potential strength of 3rd Parties. Right and wrong, J/W are liberty minded and relatively honest, as far as I can tell. At this point I'm taking the no-one is perfect stance and am just hoping to move the ball down the field towards [what most all r3VOLUtionarys kinda agree on as a sorta goal]...

IMO there is much to be made of this run and I trust that interested new people, once exposed to the actual few tenets of [what most all r3VOLUtionarys kinda agree on], those people will come around no matter who led them in, (yes even those led by mittens himself.) The idea is to grow the tent, right? And don't most of us know former neo-con types who are now full on anarchists types? How many of them came only to argue? How many were turned by the grassroots rather than RP himself?

Yes, the watchlist thing was especially cringeworthy, but if I see a chance to move the damn ball I'll bear that cringe and work harder. Cuz I'm a one foot in front of the other kinda guy.
    And I hear you too, brother. Of most any of us on this site you were and remain in the "thick of it" as it stands. And your opinion is respected. Have no doubt.

For myself, realize, that I am done with national politics. Knowing how the game is played. IF I were a fervent believer in Johnson/Weld it would not make a difference in N.C. Honestly.

So I've given up on national politics. Local, I feel, is a best bet. And these days even politics on a local level doesn't entice me.

It's all about friends and neighbors for the crash that will come regardless of the potentate. Local. Not politics. Local relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Sure, but I've seen enough Trump fanboi articles posted by the page to have given up on them.
    Really? I haven't. I checked (I only went back to January of this year) and only saw two which could hardly be construed as fan boi articles. One was about Mike Pence (when Trump announced his VP) and the other was in January where he says they don't support Trump.

I don't really hangout there much, I only ever click on articles that I find interesting off my Twitter feed but, from what I've seen, I wouldn't say they're Trump fan boi's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We need two options on the ballot that would be added together for final count purposes, but could be separated for analysis.

- Johnson/Weld
    - Libertarian Party

That way people could vote Libertarian Party without anyone mistaking it for support of Johnson/Weld and some of their positions.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

From my experience with LP members, they don't think like we do. As much as I'd like them to be part of our movement, they aren't - their libertarianism is a world away from ours. Anti-establishment to them means anti-religion and anti-tradition, not anti-government. So Weld is actually right up their alley.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Really? I haven't. I checked (I only went back to January of this year) and only saw two which could hardly be construed as fan boi articles. One was about Mike Pence (when Trump announced his VP) and the other was in January where he says they don't support Trump.

I don't really hangout there much, I only ever click on articles that I find interesting off my Twitter feed but, from what I've seen, I wouldn't say they're Trump fan boi's.
    They have lots of articles criticizing Trump's opponents, is not easy to find any criticizing Trump though...

I noticed after seeing them post an anti-GJ article written by someone I know is supporting Trump. Sometimes what people don't say is more telling than what they do...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    But yet, these forums have not yet decided whether Johnson/Weld is a liberty ticket. lololol
    In other words, Weld is as bad on guns as your man Trump.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I vote for the LP while holding my nose on GJ. I understand the guy is less than ideal.
    BUT you Trumpsters that talk $#@! about GJ not being Libertarian enough for you while supporting and defending Donald Flipping Trump are laughable.

Thanks for doing your part to keep America $#@!ed.

Bill Weld opinion on gun control or broader second amendment issues does not matter to me. Bill Weld was placed on the ticket for media exposure and fundraising. The addition of Bill Weld has aided with major media outlet exposure. We will have to wait and see how effective he is with major fundraising efforts.

No civilian needs more than five shots in their rifle, as that is more than enough, for hunting deer, and shooting tin cans.
    I am disappointed in TheTexan. No civilian needs a rifle at all.

Hunters should just buy their meat at the grocery store, like decent people do.

And shooting tin cans might result in things like litter, which makes America less beautiful.

(You know we're in big trouble when even Great Americans like TheTexan start to slip like this ...)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I am disappointed in TheTexan. No civilian needs a rifle at all.

Hunters should just buy their meat at the grocery store, like decent people do.

And shooting tin cans might result in things like litter, which makes America less beautiful.

(You know we're in big trouble when even Great Americans like TheTexan start to slip like this ...)
    No sir, you aint gonna take my hunting rifle. Hunting is protected by the 2nd amendment, and you better believe the NRA/ILA will fight to keep that right
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    In other words, Weld is as bad on guns as your man Trump.
    Trump isn't anti-gun. Neither is the rest of his family.

================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    I vote for the LP while holding my nose on GJ. I understand the guy is less than ideal.
    BUT you Trumpsters that talk $#@! about GJ not being Libertarian enough for you while supporting and defending Donald Flipping Trump are laughable.

Thanks for doing your part to keep America $#@!ed.
    DONALD TRUMP IS NOT FOR THE TRANS PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP. GARY IS.

Can you get that through your head??
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Stuff like this annoys me. I mean, I could see if a feller's out in the woods hunting and he's going to take an animal home and feed his family but this is just killing for sport. This animal likely never stood a chance either. They probably had guides and everything.

I always admire politicians,, who respect the strong hunting traditions of the 2nd amendment
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Stuff like this annoys me. I mean, I could see if a feller's out in the woods hunting and he's going to take an animal home and feed his family but this is just killing for sport. This animal likely never stood a chance either. They probably had guides and everything.
    It's disgusting to me, and infuriating.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Supporting gun rights for yourself and your family doesn't mean you support gun rights for everybody else and you know it. Donald Trump stated that people on the terrorist watch list should be able to get guns. That's the same position that Bill Weld took. And yet Weld is anti gun and Trump isn't? Oh and Trump and his kids were hunters back in 2000 when Trump said in his book "The America you deserve" that he supported an assault weapons ban.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I always admire politicians,, who respect the strong hunting traditions of the 2nd amendment
    Yes. And how about politicians that support the 2nd amendment for themselves and their children but not anyone else?

Good to see the Trump family is doing their part to rid the world of those nasty creatures.
    "The Patriarch"

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Good to see the Trump family is doing their part to rid the world of those nasty creatures.
    Where does one find a leopard on a lawn?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Where does one find a leopard on a lawn?
    Trump Tower penthouse? The filming studio of The Apprentice?
    "The Patriarch"

DONALD TRUMP IS NOT FOR THE TRANS PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP. GARY IS.

Can you get that through your head??
    Donald Trump is for discriminating against people who don't support gay rights. (That's part of his "ideological immigration test"). Can you get that through your head? Donald Trump took the same position that Bill Weld took regarding gun rights and the "no fly list." Can you get that through your head? Donald Trump once called for a complete ban on assault rifles. Can you get that through your head? Donald Trump supports forcing you to tell your property to private developers. Can you get that through your head? You act like the only issue that matters at all on the planet is the TPP. It isn't. Furthermore your making the TPP your number one issue does not excuse you being a hypocrite on other issues, case in point being against Weld for taking the exact same position Donald Trump took regarding the 2nd amendment and the terrorist no fly list.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123