Thread: PHOTOS: 2016 Young Americans for Liberty National Conv. feat. Ron Paul, Penn Jillette, Amash

Thumbs up PHOTOS: 2016 Young Americans for Liberty National Conv. feat. Ron Paul, Penn Jillette, Amash

Over the last week I attended the 2016 Young Americans for Liberty National Convention, where Ron Paul opened the convention with his keynote speech. Also speaking at this year's convention were Justin Amash, Penn Jillette, Judge Andrew Napolitano, Glenn "Kane" Jacobs, as well as Julie Borowski, Jack Hunter, Matt Kibbe, and many others. You can find MANY MORE photos from the convention HERE: https://flic.kr/s/aHskFAugW6

You can find more photos from the convention here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskFAugW6
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice work as always! I like this one best. (Can't embed it. <shrug> /RT)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gagesk...7671888949245/
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Can anyone find tubes of the speeches? I've seen them on FB but can't find tubes.

Great work, as usual, Gage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Thanks Lucille and Suzanimal!
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

No thank you, Gage!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Can anyone find tubes of the speeches? I've seen them on FB but can't find tubes.

Great work, as usual, Gage.
    Found Ron's! YAL has been neglecting their youtube channel terribly.

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

They definitely recorded every speech but there were some issues with recording the sound I know, due to the venue having technical difficulties.