Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump Holds Impromptu Press Conference to Mock Another Fire Marshal

Donald Trump Holds Impromptu Press Conference to Mock Another Fire Marshal

http://gawker.com/donald-trump-holds...sha-1784670059

After a fire marshal mysteriously enforced occupancy rules at a Donald Trump rally Monday, Trump held a press conference to mock the man for keeping people alive in a move that’s sure to reassure all the people living in or around Trump’s many properties.

It’s not even the first time Trump has railed against a fire marshal for doing his or her job—yesterday, he interrupted his own Colorado Springs rally to insult the fire marshal who enforced the building’s occupancy maximum, saying “They don’t know what the hell they’re doing.” (Just thirty minutes before, the Colorado Springs Fire Department had rescued him from a stuck elevator, so it’s just lucky that didn’t happen after his rant.)

This time, Trump explained, he only wanted to cram an additional 5,000 people into a 1,000-maximum occupancy room, which the Columbus, Ohio marshal denied for unspecified reasons. “Political reasons,” Trump said. “That’s politics at its lowest.”
    Everything is about The Donald.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    SERIOUS?

If a theatre company was trying to cram 5xs the occupancy into a venue, they'd be closed for good and fined.
    There is no spoon.

I predicted that this would be the story that finally brought down Donald Trump's poll numbers in 2003.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I predicted that this would be the story that finally brought down Donald Trump's poll numbers in 2003.
    Dang. Whatchu got a crystal ball or suntin, dannno?

They're 1 SCOTUS away from mandating every fire department is 50% minority.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 08-02-2016 at 04:48 AM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

So, a government meddler is meddling? I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Sorry, I'm with Trump on this one. Screw the damned fire codes. It should be up to the venue how many people they want to allow inside. If something were to happen, then it's the venue that should take the responsibility.

I don't think it's "political" reasons. I think it's "government" reasons. Which is even worse.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Codes, laws, treaties, constitutions, bills of rights; none of mean anything to Trump.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Sorry, I'm with Trump on this one. Screw the damned fire codes. It should be up to the venue how many people they want to allow inside. If something were to happen, then it's the venue that should take the responsibility.

I don't think it's "political" reasons. I think it's "government" reasons. Which is even worse.
    I am not in favor of codes but Trump has done this before- he gets a small venue and then half his audience can't come in- this was one of the major reasons for the squabble outbreak between protesters in California. You have a bunch of disgruntled pro-Trumps outside with a bunch of anti-Trumps and some arguments are going to happen. Good press for Trump.

My experience with firemen is very good- they will usually do as much as they can for you, if you are polite and reasonable.

Accusing this of being a political move is asinine.
    There is no spoon.

What was the actual rated capacity for the room?

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    They said 1000.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    They said 1000.

I am not in favor of codes but Trump has done this before- he gets a small venue and then half his audience can't come in- this was one of the major reasons for the squabble outbreak between protesters in California. You have a bunch of disgruntled pro-Trumps outside with a bunch of anti-Trumps and some arguments are going to happen. Good press for Trump.

My experience with firemen is very good- they will usually do as much as they can for you, if you are polite and reasonable.

Yeah, I guess this should be a squabble between the venue and the campaign. Come to an agreement on how many people are going to be allowed. If you need more, book a different venue.

But if the venue is cool with it, and the campaign doesn't care about cramming people in, then screw the damned codes.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Here's the details:

Disputing Trump claim, convention officials say his campaign agreed to 1,000-person cap for rally

By Randy Ludlow & Catherine Candisky The Columbus Dispatch • Tuesday August 2, 2016 6:22 AM

After hundreds of people were turned away from his rally today, Donald Trump saw politics behind the decision to limit the size of his Columbus town hall to 1,000 people — and made sure the public and press knew it.

Fire and convention center officials say, however, the Republican presidential nominee's campaign knew on Friday that the space would be restricted to 1,000 people.

"We've had thousands of people outside, thousands, who were turned away for political reasons, purely political reasons," Trump told reporters before he spoke at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.

The fire marshal was "given orders — no more than a thousand people ... we could have had four, five, six thousand people ... that's politics at its lowest," said Trump, who later asked his audience, "Is the mayor a Democrat?"

Columbus Assistant Fire Chief Jim Cannell said fire officials met with Trump's staff on Friday to inform them audience capacity was restricted due to nearby exits being blocked by construction on the north side of the building.

He shrugged off Trump's criticism. "We don't get caught up in that ... we're just doing our job."

John Page, general manager of the convention center, confirmed what Cannell said and added that an earlier Trump rally was in a larger space before construction began.

"Initially, (campaign officials) suggested it would be by invitation only," said Jennifer Davis, spokeswoman for the convention center.

The Trump campaign offered tickets online beginning Saturday to the event, with no warning about restrictions on the crowd size. Hundreds — if not a thousand — were turned away disappointed after standing in line along High Street in the heat.
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...-capacity.html
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, I guess this should be a squabble between the venue and the campaign. Come to an agreement on how many people are going to be allowed. If you need more, book a different venue.

But if the venue is cool with it, and the campaign doesn't care about cramming people in, then screw the damned codes.
    Apparently this was the problem:

Columbus Assistant Fire Chief Jim Cannell said fire officials met with Trump's staff on Friday to inform them audience capacity was restricted due to nearby exits being blocked by construction on the north side of the building.

He shrugged off Trump's criticism. "We don't get caught up in that ... we're just doing our job."

John Page, general manager of the convention center, confirmed what Cannell said and added that an earlier Trump rally was in a larger space before construction began.

"Initially, (campaign officials) suggested it would be by invitation only," said Jennifer Davis, spokeswoman for the convention center.
    There is no spoon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greate...vention_Center

I can't find any articles which state which room the event was in, but it's stated that he was moved to a smaller space within the center, so likely either 2400 or 1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

and assuming otherwise is also asinine. Actually debating this is a waste of time. There are many ways this is pro freedom and many ways this could be elitist and we could discuss to no end. But in the end it is really silly.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

4,000+ is the actual capacity of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Only according to His Highest Orangeness.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Just another example of Trump's brilliance. He tricked Gawker and all the other tards in to writing about how his rally had 5 times as many people trying to get in as were actually there. And this is an especially powerful visual given Hillary's continued struggle to pull anything other than paltry crowds even when she brings along Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    And:
    There is no spoon.

Thanks to all those who helped research the legal capacity of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I can't find any articles which state which room the event was in
    One would think that this would be an easy, basic piece of information that would be readily available. This was a public event, after all. Many reporters were doubtless present in the room. And especially since it has turned out to be such an important and highly controversial issue, one would think this would certainly be mentioned in the in-depth on-going 24-hour coverage. Eh? This lack of journalistic informativeness shocking, shocking!

More Info:
    "I have to tell you this is why our country doesn't work," Trump began his hour long speech in the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs' Gallogly Events center. "We have thousands of people next door. We have a fire marshal who said, 'Oh, we can't allow more people.' And it really is so unfair to the people. I'm so sorry. I have to apologize, but it's not my fault."

Officials from the university and Fire Marshal Brett Lacey both fired back.

"We weren't the ones that picked the venue. I would say it was just poor planning," Lacey said. "All the facilities in town, when they're designed and built, they have an occupant load limit."

UCCS Chancellor Pam Shockley-Zalabak said the 1,500-person capacity of Gallogly Events Center was included in the contract signed by Trump's campaign. An overflow room was set up in nearby Berger Hall for 1,000 people to watch the speech on television.

"The campaign handled all the ticketing and more tickets were issued than the space available," Shockley-Zalabak said.

A source familiar with the campaign's plans said 10,000 tickets were issued online for the event.

Trump went to the overflow room and addressed the crowd. "If you get the worst report that you have diarrhea, if you have one week to live, I don't care. Get out and vote," he said, after his speech. "If everyone gets out and votes, we can't lose."

Trump accused Lacey of supporting Hillary Clinton.

Lacey took it in stride.

"I did get a phone call requesting an increase in the load, so we allowed a 10 percent increase," he said. "That's not a huge amount, but it allowed 150 more in the one building and 100 more in the other."
    The campaign knew about the capacity and still gave away 10,000 tickets online.

http://gazette.com/donald-trump-crit...rticle/1581544
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How original. Did you think up this yourself?
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

I guess he does want to reduce government regulations. Not the ones I would go after first, but....

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    How original. Did you think up this yourself?
    I think he's been coached by @Jamesiv1
    There is no spoon.

Have there been any new revelations?

Have there been any new revelations?
    I heard he was rude to a waitress.
    "The Patriarch"

The convention center can hold over 5000 but thats the whole thing individual rooms are smaller. Trump routinely gives out way to many free tickets than claims how many tickets were given away as how many were there even though many never show up. He routinely touts an overestimation of his attendance at rally's. With that said he does have a lot of people none the less.

Some claim this is no big deal, but this is the way that whiney little baby acts all the time. Insults people regular with no proof or evidence of anything, trying to self aggrandize himself. Rather you believe that fire codes should be their or not, we currently live in a society that has them, and Trump didn't say he thought fire codes themselves were wrong. He blamed the fire marshal for enforcing it, the person playing politics is Trump not the fire marshal. This is typical for Trump going off on his petulant little tirades against people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast