Thread: Study: Seattle Minimum Wage Increase Did Not Improve Life of Low Wage Workers

Study: Seattle Minimum Wage Increase Did Not Improve Life of Low Wage Workers

Their results aren’t as rosy as some minimum wage proponents might have hoped, and they largely paint a picture of the minimum wage as an ineffective tool at increasing the earnings of workers. They found that the minimum wage had increased wages, as expected, but also that their “best estimates find that the Seattle Minimum Wage Ordinance appears to have lowered employment rates of low-wage workers.”

Source: https://fee.org/articles/seattles-mi...-wage-workers/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is rather unexpected.
    Last edited by timosman; 07-31-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Never go full retard.

Come on. This is easy to fix.

All you do is increase taxes on the people who got minimum wage increases and give welfare money to the people who don't have jobs.

Welcome to the #%)*ing middle class! Lessons learned all around!
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul in 2008 View Post
    Their results aren’t as rosy as some minimum wage proponents might have hoped, and they largely paint a picture of the minimum wage as an ineffective tool at increasing the earnings of workers. They found that the minimum wage had increased wages, as expected, but also that their “best estimates find that the Seattle Minimum Wage Ordinance appears to have lowered employment rates of low-wage workers.”

Source: https://fee.org/articles/seattles-mi...-wage-workers/
    I live here, everywhere is advertising for work.

Panda express is starting at 13.50 an hour + bonus, which is $2 an hour more than current minimum wage + bonus.

Asst manager makes 17 an hour + bonus.

Manager is being offered 57,000 a year + bonus.

this is posted on their sign, and has been for months.

Jobs are plentiful here.

Sorry to burst your "appeared to have" wishful thinking about something that has not even fully been implemented yet.

My co-worker's girlfriend is a total noob to working, to say the least. She had 4 interviews last week, and got a job. She is highly unqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    I live here, everywhere is advertising for work.

Panda express is starting at 13.50 an hour + bonus, which is $2 an hour more than current minimum wage + bonus.

Asst manager makes 17 an hour + bonus.

Manager is being offered 57,000 a year + bonus.

this is posted on their sign, and has been for months.

Jobs are plentiful here.

Sorry to burst your "appeared to have" wishful thinking about something that has not even fully been implemented yet.

My co-worker's girlfriend is a total noob to working, to say the least. She had 4 interviews last week, and got a job. She is highly unqualified.
    just proves that welfare pays enough to keep people from working even at 13 bucks an hour or these people don't pass drugs tests which could render them unhireable in many cases. Finding low skilled non drug user, reliable employees is hard. It is much easier to get high and have other people support you. Get declared disabled, a service dog and you seem to be the coolest person in today's world of degenerate pupbic educated pussies.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    just proves that welfare pays enough to keep people from working even at 13 bucks an hour or these people don't pass drugs tests which could render them unhireable in many cases. Finding low skilled non drug user, reliable employees is hard. It is much easier to get high and have other people support you. Get declared disabled, a service dog and you seem to be the coolest person in today's world of degenerate pupbic educated pussies.
    Yup, this^^ Most entry level/minimum wage-ish jobs require interacting with the public too, which not everyone can handle. My sister couldn't even keep a job at a dog kennel cleaning animal filth and various care-she couldn't deal with the people nearly as well as the animals. She's now back in skool to be a lab tech because she won't have to interact with people except very minimally. SMFH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Yup, this^^ Most entry level/minimum wage-ish jobs require interacting with the public too, which not everyone can handle. My sister couldn't even keep a job at a dog kennel cleaning animal filth and various care-she couldn't deal with the people nearly as well as the animals. She's now back in skool to be a lab tech because she won't have to interact with people except very minimally. SMFH.
    As a general observation most people do not handle contacts with other humans well. That's why dogs are everywhere. They are way easier to handle compared to your average human.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is she single?

Quote Originally Posted by SewrRatt View Post
    Is she single?
    Yeah, but she's probably not your type-obese and lives with her parents, and a lazy, disgusting, chain-smoking slob. :P
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

As a general observation most people do not handle contacts with other humans well. That's why dogs are everywhere. They are way easier to handle compared to your average human.
    Dogs are also smarter than the average human-particularly Boobus Americanus.

Yeah, but she's probably not your type-obese and lives with her parents, and a lazy, disgusting, chain-smoking slob. :P
    5 out of 6 ain't bad.

The problem is they just didn't raise it high enough! They should have made the minimum wage somewhere between $50-100 and hour and that would have solved all the problems!

Quote Originally Posted by SewrRatt View Post
    5 out of 6 ain't bad.
    At least you could bum a cigarette .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    At least you could bum a cigarette .
    Oh, that one was the turn-off.

lol look at his name.....maybe true love.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a general observation most people do not handle contacts with other humans well.
    Including people who expect to be served.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi