Thread: Healthy Competition vs Toxic Competition

Lightbulb Healthy Competition vs Toxic Competition

In Austrian economics does it discuss healthy vs unhealthy forms of competition? Like in industries that get so competitive people get distrustful of one another - resort to backstabbing, withholding information from others in the same field, not collaborating, etc.

Is there a way to mitigate toxic competition?
    Last edited by Son_of_Liberty90; 07-30-2016 at 02:45 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AE noob here, but I think it comes down to political competition (use of aggression) vs natural competition.
    Did I get the terms right, and applied to the right subject? I'm listening to a LOT of lectures this week. lol

The former encourages anti-mutually beneficial relationships, backstabbing and secrecy (when people fear aggression and an un-equal playing field, people will act accordingly to protect their best interest), the latter -natural competition- will encourage the best in humanity, as people act again, to protect their best interest.

There is a clear set of rules that "governs" drag racers, and I believe the results speak for themselves.

The cars go incredibly fast, and the huge majority folks in the sport are extremely friendly and helpful to their competitors. I think every race I've ever been to has had at least one public acknowledgement of rival race teams helping each other with loaned parts or what have you. Sure there are "speed secrets", but they eventually become common knowledge.

Unequal playing fields -political competition, destroys honest relationships and progress.

Imagine what an emphasis on political competition in drag racing, would do to the sport.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE