Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeb & G.W Bush's brother endorses Gary Johnson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Marvin is just the latest member of the legendary political family to speak out against Trump. George W. Bush was quoted by Politico as saying he was worried he "will be the last Republican president."

Jeb, who was at one point the favorite to secure the Republican nomination, repeatedly clashed with the outspoken billionaire during the campaign. He recently revealed that he won't vote for either Trump or rival Hillary Clinton, saying he doesn't believe either candidate would uphold the Constitution.
    http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/2...nson/21440156/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

This is kind of curious, he appears to be the least politically active of the Bushes. I can't say I'd be surprised if some folks connected to the Bushes decide to support Johnson, he is kind of talking like a moderate Republican this time around anyway.

I'd guess this is some sort of back channel endorsement from the whole Bush clan.

A Bush endorsing Johnson is the best reason I've heard yet to not vote for Johnson.

Lol at the Bushes endorsing a guy who campaigns in a peace t-shirt. The only reason Johnson is getting this endorsement is because Trump busted Jeb's balls debate after debate until he became a national disgrace. There's no similarity whatsoever on the issues, whatever kind of libertarian Gary is or isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    This is kind of curious, he appears to be the least politically active of the Bushes. I can't say I'd be surprised if some folks connected to the Bushes decide to support Johnson, he is kind of talking like a moderate Republican this time around anyway.
    Marvin is the least politically active on the front-side (the showman aspect of politics), but recall that he was on the board of directors for the security company that did security for the WTC complex, Dulles Airport and American Airlines before 9/11. The security company would have helped clear the workers on the elevator shafts to plant the nano-thermite explosives and they would have been responsible for the flight drills and allowing the terrorists into secured areas on the day of the attacks.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

this should tell anyone all they need to know about how libertarian Gary johnson is. The LP just crashed and burned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post
    this should tell anyone all they need to know about how libertarian Gary johnson is. The LP just crashed and burned.
    Lol. Gotta love the Trumpsters complaining that Johnson isn't libertarian enough.

I mean, I'm not a big fan of Johnson, but come on.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post
    We know who Gary Johnson is already, 10 times better than Trump and Hillary.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Lol. Gotta love the Trumpsters complaining that Johnson isn't libertarian enough.

I mean, I'm not a big fan of Johnson, but come on.
    You're not concerned about the sudden love between the Bushes and Johnson? I am, and I was planning on not voting at all before I heard about this.

Johnson is a weak ass libertarian and he'd still be ten times better than Killary or Trump. It's the hard truth that we have to swallow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

There's very little if any ideological common ground between them.

So I'd assume that this is the Bushes trying to resuscitate their public image by distancing themselves from the impending Trumptastrophe.

If there were any chance of Johnson actually winning, there is 0% chance they'd be supporting him.

You're not concerned about the sudden love between the Bushes and Johnson? I am, and I was planning on not voting at all before I heard about this.
    Johnson is terrible, but I am curious, why does this concern you? I'm not thinking of any realistic scenario in which Gary Johnson actually takes the election, so why does it matter?

Also you should probably stick with not voting or write someone in
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

This is what selling out looks like.

Meh. I'll just leave my thought from the other thread here. Saves typing...

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Well. The 2014 Mid-Term results were a clear indication that people were rejecting the two-party system. We saw numbers that we haven't seen in modern history. It would be foolish to assume that the establishment didn't notice it and that they wouldn't react to it. Seems like we're starting to see the two-party system that traditionally functioned as a single party moving toward a single party functioning as three. It's certainly no surprise to see Bush and other establishment folks/entities suddenly looking to endorse or promote the (L)ibertarian Party. The more principled Constitution Party Candidates certainly haven't received any mention at all. Which is also indicative.
    Certainly I'm not making a claim that this is decisively what is happening. It's just what I personally think is happening.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-28-2016 at 06:42 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    Johnson is terrible, but I am curious, why does this concern you? I'm not thinking of any realistic scenario in which Gary Johnson actually takes the election, so why does it matter?

Also you should probably stick with not voting or write someone in
    Because he may well have an impact on who ends up winning, and as I live here, it has a direct impact on me. Refusing to vote because of a fatally flawed system is one thing, pretending like that system has no impact on people living here and acting like an Amish person is quite another.

I didn't say I was going to vote in this election anyway, I was saying that this decision was made BEFORE I found out that Gary Johnson has courted the Neo-con vote successfully (or more likely it has courted him).

Jeb, who was at one point the favorite to secure the Republican nomination, repeatedly clashed with the outspoken billionaire during the campaign. He recently revealed that he won't vote for either Trump or rival Hillary Clinton, saying he doesn't believe either candidate would uphold the Constitution.
    Yes,, its true,, Jeb! like his brother GWB is a big proponent of upholding the Constutition which is one, of many reasons i liked him
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

So I'd assume that this is the Bushes trying to resuscitate their public image by distancing themselves from the impending Trumptastrophe.

If there were any chance of Johnson actually winning, there is 0% chance they'd be supporting him.
    RE: your sig

Multi Billionaire? YES LOL LOL
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

I like the word 'Trumptastrophe'. (I'd like it better if it wasn't so likely to become a reality.)

The Bushes may be trying to resuscitate their image, but I also think this is revenge for Trump humiliating JEB! repeatedly. (That was pretty sweet, actually. By the end, JEB! was begging for applause in half-filled meeting rooms).

Attempt to split the Repub. vote. FAIL, I suspect.

This isn't even artful. FAIL^2
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

What love? Has Johnson reciprocated?

This is probably all a flimsy strategy to defeat Trump.

Trump is either what he appears, or he is part of the Grand Dog And Pony Show (GDAPS). If the latter, we are all $#@!ed. If not, then the shows of animosity are likely real. If real, then Theye are truly vexed by the prospect of his ascension and will try what they can to stifle him. Trotting out yet another Bush with so pathetic an endorsement for Johnson is likely nothing more than a flaccidly desperate attempt at splitting the non-Hillary camp.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Johnson is a weak ass libertarian and he'd still be ten times better than Killary or Trump. It's the hard truth that we have to swallow.
    I'm probably the only one here who thinks Jeb is kind of a decent guy*?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I'm probably the only one here who thinks Jeb is kind of a decent guy*?
    Probably.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably.
    Not saying I agree with all of his policy positions but he's a pretty decent human being (for a politician).
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Not saying I agree with all of his policy positions but he's a pretty decent human being (for a politician).
    I remember when his brother seemed that way too.
    "The Patriarch"

I remember when his brother seemed that way too.
    Well... Compared to the mess right now, Obama as president and either Clinton or Trump as the next one.... GW as president doesn't sound too bad.. Does it ?
    "I am a bird"

Because he may well have an impact on who ends up winning, and as I live here, it has a direct impact on me. Refusing to vote because of a fatally flawed system is one thing, pretending like that system has no impact on people living here and acting like an Amish person is quite another.
    I certainly agree. My point was more that Johnson cant win, and thus I don't see how Bushes supporting him matters. That said if you disagree with me and you think Johnson can win, that would make more sense. I think Johnson may do the best a third party has done since Perot, but I don't think he can win.
    I didn't say I was going to vote in this election anyway, I was saying that this decision was made BEFORE I found out that Gary Johnson has courted the Neo-con vote successfully (or more likely it has courted him).
    My mistake, I thought you meant that you were going to vote because of this. Thank you
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I certainly agree. My point was more that Johnson cant win, and thus I don't see how Bushes supporting him matters.
    Tell me, why do you think the Bushes are supporting him? What do you think they have to gain from doing so?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Tell me, why do you think the Bushes are supporting him? What do you think they have to gain from doing so?
    Anyone who knows anything knows that Cheney was the mastermind behind the Bush Administration. Why do you think he is supporting Trump?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast