Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Fruit, White Rice, & Sugar Do To Your Body. CRAZY!!!

Exclamation What Fruit, White Rice, & Sugar Do To Your Body. CRAZY!!!

The dramatic effects these high-glycemic foods have on the body!

Some of the diseases helped or cured by eating and drinking nothing but fruit, fruit juice, white rice, and processed white table sugar:

Obesity, Diabetes, Hypertension, Chest Pains, Coronary Artery Disease, Heart & Kidney Failure, Chronic fatigue, Headaches, Arthritis, Edema, Psoriasis, Xanthoma, Pseudotumor Cerebri, Glomerulonephritis, Retinal Hemorrhages, Papilledema Eye Disease

Walter Kempner, MD – Founder of the Rice Diet

Kempner’s Rice Diet program began at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina in 1939. The treatment was a simple therapy of white rice, fruit, juice, and sugar, and was reserved for only the most seriously ill patients. Although low-tech, the benefits of the Rice Diet far exceed those of any drug or surgery ever prescribed for chronic conditions, including coronary artery disease, heart and kidney failure, hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, and obesity.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/2013/12/...the-rice-diet/

What Eating 20 Servings Fruit Does To Your Body!

Study compared participants rotating 3 different diets for two weeks.

Diet #1 - Strict Plant-based diet that included fruit, vegetables, and nuts, with no refined oils or animal products
    Diet #2 - Starch based diet that included yogurt, cottage cheese, mozzarella, and olive oil
    Diet #3 - "Low Fat" diet that included safflower oil, skim milk, yogurt, fat-free cheese, Lipton's egg beaters, and olive oil

As expected, the Plant-based diet produced the best health results!

Fruit & Sugar Cause Diabetes?

"These data suggest that the high-carbohydrate diet increased the sensitivity of peripheral tissues to insulin."
    -- i.e. makes insulin work better!

"Intramyocellular lipid (fat inside the muscle cells) interferes with insulin's action."
    -- curb your intake of saturated fats and oils and your diabetes will improve or go away completely!

High Sugar Diet for the SICKEST patients?

Dr McDougall Cures Type 2 Diabetes With Rice Rice & White Sugar
    Last edited by farreri; 09-08-2016 at 11:14 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fruit, White Rice, & Sugar
    Even better fermented and strained.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Even better fermented and strained.

Fermented is the way to go, no doubt.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Likely shouldn't over-consume white rice. Meaning that a serving is a single serving. A single serving is not three servings at once. That's just me talking, though. People are certainly free to consume what they want and however much of it they want. I avoid white rice, myself. I eat the brown rice if I'm going to have a serving of rice. Mainly because I prefer complex carbohydrates over simple carbohydrates. And I won't even touch refined sugar.

I suppose it isn't to do with what is discussed in the video, though. It just made me think of it.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-29-2016 at 05:42 AM.

I only eat brown rice too..

Made some last night as a matter of fact.

I just cannot part with my Jasmine rice.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I can't tell the difference by taste...

Probably because I only cook rice in homemade stock, never plain water, and I usually embellish it with something else too from bacon or shrimp to hot peppers and garlic.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hanging around the waist area, is it?

Ducks n runs....
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-29-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Chester Copperpot

they have jasmine brown rice.. I know what you mean about the jasmine.. so good

Chester Copperpot

Yeah I wouldnt want a diet consuming lots of white rice and white sugar.. I mean some people say white rice is better than brown because brown rice is contaminated with arsenic... not sure what theyre talking about tbh.

I don't eat a lot of rice. Mostly because I don't like brown rice and the white is high in calories and I have no self control.
    @donnay Cook it, chill it, and reheat to make it a bit healthier.

Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories

Rice is popular because it's malleable—it pairs well with a lot of different kinds of food—and it's relatively cheap. But like other starch-heavy foods, it has one central flaw: it isn't that good for you. White rice consumption, in particular, has been linked to a higher risk of diabetes. A cup of the cooked grain carries with it roughly 200 calories, most of which comes in the form of starch, which turns into sugar, and often thereafter body fat.

But what if there were a simple way to tweak rice ever so slightly to make it much healthier?

An undergraduate student at the College of Chemical Sciences in Sri Lanka and his mentor have been tinkering with a new way to cook rice that can reduce its calories by as much as 50 percent and even offer a few other added health benefits. The ingenious method, which at its core is just a simple manipulation of chemistry, involves only a couple easy steps in practice.

"What we did is cook the rice as you normally do, but when the water is boiling, before adding the raw rice, we added coconut oil—about 3 percent of the weight of the rice you're going to cook," said Sudhair James, who presented his preliminary research at National Meeting & Exposition of the American Chemical Society (ACS) on Monday. "After it was ready, we let it cool in the refrigerator for about 12 hours. That's it."

How does it work?
    To understand what's going on, you need to understand a bit of food chemistry.

Not all starches, as it happens, are created equal. Some, known as digestible starches, take only a little time to digest, are quickly turned into glucose, and then later glycogen. Excess glycogen ends up adding to the size of our guts if we don't expend enough energy to burn it off. Other starches, meanwhile, called resistant starches, take a long time for the body to process, aren't converted into glucose or glycogen because we lack the ability to digest them, and add up to fewer calories.

A growing body of research, however, has shown that it might be possible to change the types of starches found in foods by modifying how they are prepared. At the very least, we know that there are observable changes when certain foods are cooked different ways.

[Scientists have figured out what makes Indian food so delicious]

Potatoes, for instance, go from having the right kind of starch to the less healthful kind when they are cooked or mashed (sigh, I know). The process of heating and cooling certain vegetables, like peas and sweet potatoes, can also alter the amount of resistant (see: good) starches, according to a 2009 study. And rice, depending on the method of preparation, undergoes observable chemical changes. Most notably, fried rice and pilaf style rice have a greater proportion of resistant starch than the most commonly eaten type, steamed rice, as strange as that might seem.

"If you can reduce the digestible starch in something like steamed rice, you can reduce the calories," said Dr. Pushparajah Thavarajah, a professor who is supervising the research. "The impact could be huge."

Understanding this, James and Thavarajva tested eight different recipes on 38 different kinds of rice found in Sri Lanka. What they found is that by adding a lipid (coconut oil in this case, because it's widely used in Sri Lanka) ahead of cooking the rice, and then cooling the rice immediately after it was done, they were able to drastically change its composition—and for the better.

"The oil interacts with the starch in rice and changes its architecture," said James. "Chilling the rice then helps foster the conversion of starches. The result is a healthier serving, even when you heat it back up."

So far they have only measured the chemical outcome of the most effective cooking method for the least healthful of the 38 varieties. But that variety still produced a 10 to 12 percent reduction in calories. "With the better kind, we expect to reduce the calories by as much as 50 to 60 percent," said James.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-the-calories/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Chester Copperpot

The first time I had brown rice with my chicken chow mein it tasted a little odd.. brown rice has a heartier nutty flavor.. But now if I have white rice with my chow mein it taste like something is missing and I prefer the brown over the white.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    The first time I had brown rice with my chicken chow mein it tasted a little odd.. brown rice has a heartier nutty flavor.. But now if I have white rice with my chow mein it taste like something is missing and I prefer the brown over the white.
    Something is missing...it's called nutrients :P

I included a list of ailments in my OP that were helped or cured from this simple diet since it doesn't look like many even watched the video.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I can't tell the difference by taste...

Probably because I only cook rice in homemade stock, never plain water, and I usually embellish it with something else too from bacon or shrimp to hot peppers and garlic.
    Brown rice tastes like plastic to me. I cook my jasmine in my homemade stock--I never use water. The smell that permeates around the house is heavenly. Smells like pop corn to me.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    I included a list of ailments in my OP that were helped or cured from this simple diet since it doesn't look like many even watched the video.
    I watched the video. Maybe theres a short term benefit for some.. but overall i dont look at white sugar and white rice as healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I don't eat a lot of rice. Mostly because I don't like brown rice and the white is high in calories and I have no self control.

Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
    Calories from high-carb foods like rice, even white rice, doesn't make you fat. Billions of skinny Asian people can attest to that (before the high-fat western diet started taking over their communities and causing them to start looking like and getting sick like the average American).

We're not supposed to have self control when it comes to eating to get enough calories. Nature designed us like that. The leading cause of death for the longest time used to be starvation. The problem is we've gotten so far away from what foods were naturally in abundance for us to eat in the wild (high-carb foods like fruit, grains, potatoes, beans) compared to what was difficult for us to eat a lot of in the wild (high-fat foods like meat, dairy, eggs and even nuts & seeds), but technology has changed that and now we have to use self control in our food choices or our current leading causes of death will continue to be high-fat & protein food induced diseases, like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, kidney disease, etc.

I've told you many times now why you start getting fat when eating normal amounts of calories. Hopefully one day it will sink in so you can finally stop having to follow your anorexic diet plan, but as with the main principles behind Libertarianism, you're responsible for the choices you make.
    Last edited by farreri; 07-29-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    I watched the video. Maybe theres a short term benefit for some.. but overall i dont look at white sugar and white rice as healthy.
    It was never meant as a longterm diet, only a short-term curative diet, but did you read the article I linked that was pretty ironic in how they realized this diet could be used for much longer than they originally thought:

Originally used for only short time periods and under close supervision due to concerns about nutritional deficiencies, subsequent research proved the Rice Diet to be safe and nutritionally adequate for the vast majority of patients.

A major breakthrough occurred by accident in 1942 when one of Dr. Kempner’s patients, a 33-year-old North Carolina woman with chronic glomerulonephritis (kidney disease) and papilledema (eye disease) failed to follow his instructions. Because of Dr. Kempner’s heavy German accent she misunderstood his instructions to return in two weeks, and after two months, she finally returned, with no signs of deficiency, but rather with robust health. The woman had experienced a dramatic reduction of her blood pressure, from 190/120 to 124/84 mmHg, resolution of eye damage (retinal hemorrhages and papilledema), and a noticeable decrease in heart size.

After this experience Dr. Kempner began treating his patients for extended periods of time, and expanded the indications from only serious troubles (glomerulonephritis and malignant hypertension) to patients with relatively minor illnesses, such as routine hypertension (160/100 mmHg), headaches, chronic fatigue, chest pains, edema, xanthoma, pseudo tumor cerebri, and psoriasis.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/2013/12/...the-rice-diet/
    Last edited by farreri; 07-29-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Diet #1 - Strict Plant-based diet that included fruit, vegetables, and nuts, with no refined oils or animal products
    Diet #2 - Starch based diet that included yogurt, cottage cheese, mozzarella, and olive oil
    Diet #3 - "Low Fat" diet that included safflower oil, skim milk, yogurt, fat-free cheese, Lipton's egg beaters, and olive oil

I am eating vegetable Lo Mein for lunch are you happy?

Your body will be.

I ate Sam's Club samples for lunch.

2 mini Famous Amos cookies
    a little cup of fruit
    1/2 a chicken finger

and I got a pump of lotion.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I ate Sam's Club samples for lunch.

2 mini Famous Amos cookies
    a little cup of fruit
    1/2 a chicken finger

and I got a pump of lotion.
    What a deal. I love their samples. Trader Joe's does it a lot too.

Did you get the chicken finger from the lotion? <Sorry couldn't resist>

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a deal. I love their samples. Trader Joe's does it a lot too.
    I always show up at Sam's hungry. If they don't have any samples out, I grab a thing of grapes and eat those walking through the store.

Did you get the chicken finger from the lotion? <Sorry couldn't resist>
    I think it was made from lotion, lol. It was one of those McNuggets. Pretty gnarly.

If you want to be healthy, eat plant based.

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    The dramatic effects these high-glycemic foods have on the body!

Some of the diseases helped or cured by eating and drinking nothing but fruit, fruit juice, white rice, and processed white table sugar:

Obesity
    Diabetes
    Hypertension
    Chest Pains
    Coronary Artery Disease
    Heart & Kidney Failure
    Chronic fatigue
    Headaches
    Arthritis
    Edema
    Psoriasis
    Xanthoma
    Pseudotumor Cerebri
    Glomerulonephritis
    Retinal Hemorrhages
    Papilledema Eye Disease

What Fruit, White Rice, & Sugar Do To Your Body.
    They're all weight-gainers, which is why pro atheletes use them for that purpose (i.e. bulking).
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I only eat brown rice too..

Made some last night as a matter of fact.
    We eat a ton of rice in this house. My wife, being a jungle savage from South America, is an expert on rice. I am glad of it, as I like rice very much, though somewhat less than potatoes, which I could eat 3x a day, every day... and would, were I not such a lazy bastard refusing to cook for myself the 26 days/month wifey's away.

I like real wild rice. $$$ as hell, but worth the outlay every once in a while.

The chickens also like rice. I cook a pot for them every few days and they go apey.

This morning wifey curried some eggs and potatoes with coconut milk, all over basmati rice. It was a good breakfast. Damn... now I'm hungry and the chef's asleep. Guess I'm going to the kitchen.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I don't see listed Outrageously Oversized Penis Syndrome (OOPS) among the cures. I'm just wondering if it cures that, too. I'm asking... erm... for a friend... yeah, that's the ticket. Here's a video about it. The American is my friend and not me. Definitely not me...

freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Hi, I personally feel nutrition for everyone can be an individual thing, and what works for few may not be working for others.

You might be wondering about sugar content in fruit, and are they really safe for you or not. Well, fruits do contain sugar, but you can’t ignore that fruits contain other essential nutrients like antioxidants vitamins, minerals and essential vitamins, which are needed for body functioning.

I prefer complex carbohydrates over simple carbohydrates so I opt for brown over white rice and avoid refined sugar. It is just a matter of making few healthy substitutions when it comes to your health.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast