Thread: New technology allows eastern Kentucky man to see for the first time

Cool New technology allows eastern Kentucky man to see for the first time

Blake Fannin was able to see at a distance for the first time using eSight. http://www.esighteyewear.com/

Doctors never expected him to thrive, having been born with fluid on the brain and a condition where his optic nerves were underdeveloped. He's had two brain surgeries, but has never let any of it stop him.

"He is just a person you are not going to forget, he impacts you tremendously with his positive outlook. He just glows from the inside out," said Sonya Roberts, Blake's Mother.

Recently Blake tried out a new technology called eSight. Sonya Roberts was skeptical at first, but called the company any way. She found out Blake wasn't really a candidate. Desperate to help her son, she drove him nearly five hours to Indianapolis. What she witnessed that day was remarkable. Blake could see. He was able to read numbers from across the room without any help.

"I was so excited, just to be able to see him read from across the room. To be able to tell an eight from a three, it was profound," said Roberts.

Blake was amazed too, and he saw something he's been waiting to see his whole life... his mother, Sonya.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/New...388467402.html
    Last edited by catfeathers; 07-27-2016 at 07:51 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's fabulous!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I can't figure out how to embed the video. It's at the link anyway.

Sonya and her twin sister, Martha, sang at my wedding. I remember seeing Blake as a baby before his surgeries. It's great to see how well he's getting along now and that there is hope for him to be able to see!

Quote Originally Posted by catfeathers View Post
    I can't figure out how to embed the video. It's at the link anyway.

Sonya and her twin sister, Martha, sang at my wedding. I remember seeing Blake as a baby before his surgeries. It's great to see how well he's getting along now and that there is hope for him to be able to see!
    Here you go...

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Thanks. I think I'm technologically illiterate. Maybe I should have my 9-year-old granddaughter show me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by catfeathers View Post
    Thanks. I think I'm technologically illiterate. Maybe I should have my 9-year-old granddaughter show me what to do.
    Nah, I couldn't embed it either, so I found it on Youtube.

Darn, I didn't think to look there!

Now if only Kentucky people can just figure out how not to lose their teeth
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Now if only Kentucky people can just figure out how not to lose their teeth
    I believe Rand's teeth are all his.