Thread: Georgia Cop Fired For Flying Confederate Flag in Front of Her Home

Georgia Cop Fired For Flying Confederate Flag in Front of Her Home

Cops can wrongfully arrest people (kidnap them) and nothing happens, same with wrongfully beating and even killing people -- but one exercises her rights off the job and gets terminated.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2728714

Georgia police officer fired for flying Confederate flag; says she didn't know people find stars and bars offensive

Roswell, Ga., police Sgt. Silvia Cotriss, a 20-year veteran of the department, was fired earlier this month. She plans to appeal the termination.

BY TOBIAS SALINGER
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 6:07 PM

An Atlanta-area police sergeant who was fired for flying a Confederate flag outside her home said she didn't know people find the flag offensive.

The Roswell, Ga., Police Department terminated Sgt. Silvia Cotriss due to conduct unbecoming of an officer after an area resident reported her stars and bars, according to internal investigation documents obtained Tuesday by WGCL-TV. Cotriss will appeal the July 14 firing, she said.

“If I knew it offended someone, my friends, my family, I wouldn’t do it,” Cotriss, 53, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Police officers have to adjust a lot of things in our lives, and for 20 years my whole life has been about making change and being held to a higher standard. We take an oath to help and protect people, so we can’t have a private life that’s really bad.”

Yet the flag displayed on a pole in the front yard of her Woodstock home for over a year “brought discredit to the Roswell Police Department,” a police captain wrote in Cotriss’ termination. She told detectives who interviewed her about the flag that it’s “part of her history, part of the South, part of history involving the Civil War.”

snip

A local man emailed Grant July 11 about the flag, telling the chief that in a situation where he and his family needed protection from the police, “my first thought/fear is that it may be the officer proudly flying his/her Confederate flag.”
    snip

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm going to enjoy watching government be consumed by the politically correct..

Maybe I'll be nice and burn the carrion when the dust settles.....

Maybe neither side is worth a match.....

BUT IF SHE KILLZAGINGER...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Good. I hope she winds up working at walmart

Flying a confederate flag is blatant racism,,

which certainly wouldn't ever be tolerated in any police department
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    BUT IF SHE KILLZAGINGER...

Well last I checked ginger wasnt a protected race
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Didn't Lincoln make this flag illegal or did he forget to do that
    - Kim Kardashian

"conduct unbecoming" ... oh, that's rich ... that's just ... just ... words fail ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'm going to enjoy watching government be consumed by the politically correct..

Maybe I'll be nice and burn the carrion when the dust settles.....

Maybe neither side is worth a match.....
    Matches will be in short supply.

$#@! 'em...let 'em rot as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by BV2 View Post
    Good. I hope she winds up working at walmart
    Oh rest assured, she'll pick up work in the surrounding suburbs, no problem.

an area resident reported her stars and bars,
    See Something, Say Something.

HHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH