Thread: Donald Trump defends Roger Ailes, casts suspicion on accusers

Donald Trump defends Roger Ailes, casts suspicion on accusers

Donald Trump this weekend defended longtime friend Roger Ailes, the ousted chief executive of Fox News who is accused of sexually harassing at least two dozen women. Trump also questioned the motives of some of the women.

“I can tell you that some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he’s helped them, and even recently. And when they write books that are fairly recently released, and they say wonderful things about him. And now, all of a sudden, they’re saying these horrible things about him,” Trump said in an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Saturday evening. “It’s very sad because he’s a very good person. I’ve always found him to be just a very, very good person. And, by the way, a very, very talented person. Look what he’s done. So I feel very badly.”

Trump added that “a lot of people are thinking he’s going to run my campaign,” but he wouldn’t say whether those people were correct.

...Trump also defended Ailes in a Friday interview with Bloomberg Politics as he flew home from Cleveland. Trump noted that he is close to Rupert Murdoch, who started Fox News, and that he knows “Rupert has great respect for Roger and everything Roger’s done.”

“I think it’s so sad,” Trump said. “He’s such a great guy. Roger is – I mean, what he’s done on television, is in the history of television, he’s gotta be placed in the top three, or four or five. And that includes the founding of the major networks. So, it’s too bad. I’m sure it was friendly.”
    http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-...e91618922.html
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Says it all really. What a $#@!ing idiot.

BTW, can he say 'very' a few hundred more times please?

Not saying he didn't sexually assault anyone but some of the accusations just sound weird. One example below.

Video is 4:01 long

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Not saying he didn't sexually assault anyone but some of the accusations just sound weird. One example below.

So this would have happened 50 years ago, and he would've been how old? Age could have been a factor in how either she recalled or he behaved. Hard to say. I've seen some outlandish things in my life, and sexual predators are best prosecuted after a number of women come forward because society gives a benefit of the doubt and usually puts the victims through hell to prove it.

Trump imo appears to be making the case that this was not assault but a reasonable transaction for mutual benefit. It also speaks to those who have been murmuring about similar incidents regarding Trump.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    So this would have happened 50 years ago, and he would've been how old? Age could have been a factor in how either she recalled or he behaved. Hard to say. I've seen some outlandish things in my life, and sexual predators are best prosecuted after a number of women come forward because society gives a benefit of the doubt and usually puts the victims through hell to prove it.

Trump imo appears to be making the case that this was not assault but a reasonable transaction for mutual benefit. It also speaks to those who have been murmuring about similar incidents regarding Trump.
    You know, my opinion have been evolving a lot about the whole sexual assault at the work place concept. In a way it was a reasonable transaction between 2 people. She seemed to only have a problem with it when her contract wasn't renewed. Also you have to imagine that maybe she wasn't the best woman for the job and the only thing that put her over the other applicants was her ability to engage sexually with Mr Rogers. So there was no force, she benefited from it so why is it called an assault? Trump maybe right on this one.

My problem with Trump is when he pals around with known pedophiles. I am talking about people that prey on the most helpless and innocent members of the society.

The accusations sound very politically motivated, noticed how quickly the far left news outlets attacked FOX for them?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The accusations sound very politically motivated, noticed how quickly the far left news outlets attacked FOX for them?
    Yet they have been tight-lipped about Bill Clinton's rapes.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Oh look, a thread full of victim blamers just because Lord Trump has spoken. Tools.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robmpreston View Post
    Oh look, a thread full of victim blamers just because Lord Trump has spoken. Tools.
    Is it surprising, though? Just wait until the MRA-types come in here to demonize women. Also not shocking that Trump would stick up for this $#@!.
    Last edited by Antischism; 07-27-2016 at 09:34 AM.

I only have one LORD and Savior and it isn't Trump. I take comfort of the fact that they will eventually stand before a judge and get what they deserve--including Bill Clinton.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yet they have been tight-lipped about Bill Clinton's rapes.
    Yup and the pedo express flight.

You know, my opinion have been evolving a lot about the whole sexual assault at the work place concept. In a way it was a reasonable transaction between 2 people. She seemed to only have a problem with it when her contract wasn't renewed. Also you have to imagine that maybe she wasn't the best woman for the job and the only thing that put her over the other applicants was her ability to engage sexually with Mr Rogers. So there was no force, she benefited from it so why is it called an assault? Trump maybe right on this one.

My problem with Trump is when he pals around with known pedophiles. I am talking about people that prey on the most helpless and innocent members of the society.
    It is abuse of power and leaves future candidates for the job to lower themselves to such indignities in order to be competitive. It becomes real nifty when they can collaborate and control most of a particular business and make it standard business practice. If they want to do such then they shouldn't whine when someone speaks bluntly as to the job requirements. Instead, the cowards using these methods scoff at the women or men who walk away from the offer and yet have the audacity to speak of being harassed, claiming any such situation never occurred, and attempt to shame both prior victim and future victims into silence.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Tools, liars, and pathetic.

You are a class act.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Gee, decades of abusing women suddenly comes to light right in the middle of Hillary Rotten Clinton's grab for the brass ring? Nothing fishy about that, and you're a misogynistic racist if you think otherwise.

Honestly I am at the point of wishing Bryan would just quash any talk of Trump. The haters are as ridiculous as the supporters.

"Victims." FFS - He asked for a blow job. She said no. Now she's a victim. Of course, if she had agreed, she'd still be a victim. Because that's what we are. Victims. We need government to protect us, and stuff.
    Last edited by angelatc; 08-03-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Trump says he hopes Ivanka would quit if she got harassed

Donald Trump thinks it’s “very sad” that women at Fox News are “complaining” about being sexually harassed by former Fox chief Roger Ailes.

As allegations against his old friend piled up, Trump told NBC’s Chuck Todd on July 24 that, “Some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he's helped them…And when they write books….and say wonderful things about him….[N]ow, all of a sudden, they're saying these horrible things about him.”

Without passing judgment about the specific allegations, which are currently under investigation by 21st Century Fox, one should be able to accept that a woman could both have been promoted by a boss and harassed by him. Women are often forced to maintain good relations with men who abuse them precisely because those men have power.

When I mentioned this to Trump in a phone interview last Tuesday, he doubled down on his retrograde take. “There was quite a bit of fabulous things said [about Ailes by Gretchen Carlson],” he told me. “It would be easier for me and more politically correct for me to say you are right. But you would think she wouldn’t say those things.”

I pointed out that it wasn’t just Carlson who had made allegations. “I didn’t know it was more than just her,” Trump told me, even though his comments to Chuck Todd referred to women, plural.

What if someone had treated Ivanka in the way Ailes allegedly behaved?

His reply was startling, even by Trumpian standards. “I would like to think she would find another career or find another company if that was the case,” he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...lumn/87915454/

Eric Trump: Ivanka would not allow herself to be sexually harassed

Washington (CNN)Eric Trump said Tuesday his sister, Ivanka, is "strong" and "powerful" and would never allow herself to be sexually harassed by her boss.

"Ivanka is a strong, powerful woman, she wouldn't allow herself to be [subjected] to it, and by the way, you should take it up with Human Resources, and I think she would as a strong person, at the same time, I don't think she would allow herself to be subjected to that," he told CBS's Charlie Rose on "CBS This Morning" while discussing former Fox News head Roger Ailes alleged sexual harassment of women employees.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politi...mp-harassment/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post
    Eric Trump: Ivanka would not allow herself to be sexually harassed

Washington (CNN)Eric Trump said Tuesday his sister, Ivanka, is "strong" and "powerful" and would never allow herself to be sexually harassed by her boss.

"Ivanka is a strong, powerful woman, she wouldn't allow herself to be [subjected] to it, and by the way, you should take it up with Human Resources, and I think she would as a strong person, at the same time, I don't think she would allow herself to be subjected to that," he told CBS's Charlie Rose on "CBS This Morning" while discussing former Fox News head Roger Ailes alleged sexual harassment of women employees.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politi...mp-harassment/
    Ya, I don't understand - if you don't like your boss hitting on you THEN QUIT. It's really that simple. All this court/suing bull$#@! is stupid.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trump says he hopes Ivanka would quit if she got harassed

Donald Trump thinks it’s “very sad” that women at Fox News are “complaining” about being sexually harassed by former Fox chief Roger Ailes.
    I'm glad Trump shares my views on this, which I originally stated on 7/31, this article was published 8/1.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why didn't they quit?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ya, I don't understand - if you don't like your boss hitting on you THEN QUIT. It's really that simple. All this court/suing bull$#@! is stupid.
    Really. Just leave, babe. Why take action against a man for doing what a man does naturally?

Really. Just leave, babe. Why take action against a man for doing what a man does naturally?
    Because masculinity must be outlawed..

I'm not advocating rape or anything, part of being masculine I suppose would be a good sense of self control.. but men should have the right to hit on women and women should have the right to associate with or not associate with them. Also, the only person who should really care about whether this is going on is the owner of the company. If you owned a company, and you hired a CEO or something, and they hired someone right below them for the sex - you have to decide if it's not a big deal or if that could negatively effect your company's bottom line and take action. No reason for the government to get involved.

Because masculinity must be outlawed..

I'm not advocating rape or anything, part of being masculine I suppose would be a good sense of self control.. but men should have the right to hit on women and women should have the right to associate with or not associate with them. Also, the only person who should really care about whether this is going on is the owner of the company. If you owned a company, and you hired a CEO or something, and they hired someone right below them for the sex - you have to decide if it's not a big deal or if that could negatively effect your company's bottom line and take action. No reason for the government to get involved.
    I'm not disagreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Gee, decades of abusing women suddenly comes to light right in the middle of Hillary Rotten Clinton's grab for the brass ring? Nothing fishy about that, and you're a misogynistic racist if you think otherwise.

Honestly I am at the point of wishing Bryan would just quash any talk of Trump. The haters are as ridiculous as the supporters.

"Victims." FFS - He asked for a blow job. She said no. Now she's a victim. Of course, if she had agreed, she'd still be a victim. Because that's what we are. Victims. We need government to protect us, and stuff.
    Seriously, WTF? It's not a big deal (no pun intended. lol)

Seriously, WTF? It's not a big deal (no pun intended. lol)

Really, especially IF it even happened. Like women can tell no lies ever. SHiiiiiit. Now I'll be called a misogynist for saying women lie. Guess what, Lots of them do, some of them do frequently, especially for money.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Really, especially IF it even happened. Like women can tell no lies ever. SHiiiiiit. Now I'll be called a misogynist for saying women lie. Guess what, Lots of them do, some of them do frequently, especially for money.
    You're right. Women are big liars when it comes to money. But even if it happened, so what? Nobody got hurt.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump makes idiotic statements every day. Nothing he says surprises me at this point. The adoration of his faithful is also always expected. He could say he wanted to nuke Mexico for refusing to pay for a wall and his cult would defend every word as they always do. Heck they would probably cheer him on and cause him to really start nuclear armageddon.

It amazes me how many people are completely ignorant of the real world though. She should just quit nonsense when you have no idea what situation a person is in. You cannot just quit when you have financial obligations like a mortgage or a family. Or are you suggesting these victims quit and get on social welfare services?
    Last edited by ChaosControl; 08-03-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosControl View Post
    Trump makes idiotic statements every day. Nothing he says surprises me at this point. The adoration of his faithful is also always expected. He could say he wanted to nuke Mexico for refusing to pay for a wall and his cult would defend every word as they always do. Heck they would probably cheer him on and cause him to really start nuclear armageddon.

It amazes me how many people are completely ignorant of the real world though. She should just quit nonsense when you have no idea what situation a person is in. You cannot just quit when you have financial obligations like a mortgage or a family. Or are you suggesting these victims quit and get on social welfare services?
    is that the only option? if the situation is making her uncomfortable though, why is anyone else obligated to lose their job on her behalf? Can't she just go work somewhere else?