Thread: "GOP, I'm Leaving You" by Susan Wright [RedState]

Thumbs up "GOP, I'm Leaving You" by Susan Wright [RedState]

Watching the Republican Party burn to the ground in November will likely be one of the saddest, yet, oddly satisfying events in my adult life.

Believe me when I say this isn’t easy. I’ve been a Republican since I was 18. I’ve never voted for any other party. Now it feels like my party cheated on me and reconciliation is out of the question. If I needed any further push, the first night of the GOP convention in Cleveland, Ohio was the final straw.

How appropriate that it is serial adulterer, Donald Trump, who is driving me from my home.

In absolute honesty, I can say I tried. I’ve clung to the party far beyond my level of comfort with what I saw going on. I always said I would rather stick with the GOP and change what was wrong from the inside.

Like a forlorn wife who has endured months of cold behavior from her husband, despite her best efforts to please him, then one day finds a strange phone number written across an empty condom wrapper, it’s time to move on.

And possibly get checked for an STD.
    The article continues here.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great. The Neocons took over the Tea Party, and now they're coming for the Libertarian Party. Trying to find strong leaders with a philosophy of not wanting to run your life is perhaps an insurmountable paradox.

Remember when Ron Paul wanted us to take over the GOP from within? He wanted us to be positioned to take advantage of these opportunities. But most of us bailed a while ago.

Localism is the Key

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Great. The Neocons took over the Tea Party, and now they're coming for the Libertarian Party. Trying to find strong leaders with a philosophy of not wanting to run your life is perhaps an insurmountable paradox.

Remember when Ron Paul wanted us to take over the GOP from within? He wanted us to be positioned to take advantage of these opportunities. But most of us bailed a while ago.
    The GOP is not worth saving. We can build better parties, and field candidates from them into local, county, and state positions.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    The GOP is not worth saving. We can build better parties, and field candidates from them into local, county, and state positions.
    And go through all the time and effort to get on the ballots? You know, like the LP did and then threw it all away by embracing Jeb Bush, etc.

If the neocons are leaving the GOP, wouldn't it make more sense to take advantage of the infrastructure that is in place and step in place there? Of course, these days I'm not sure who the "we" are.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 07-27-2016 at 03:49 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

The Elephant is Not Leaving the Room

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    And go through all the time and effort to get on the ballots? You know, like the LP did and then threw it all away by embracing Jeb Bush, etc.

If the neocons are leaving the GOP, wouldn't it make more sense to take advantage of the infrastructure that is in place and step in place there? Of course, these days I'm not sure who the "we" are.
    The neocons are not leaving the GOP, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    The neocons are not leaving the GOP, though.
    They are 're-branding' themselves... adapt or die (politically). We will watch it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

the article talks about her going to the Constitution Party, not the Libertarians.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

to be fair, jebby embraced them out of spite. they accepted his embrace only out of desperation. it won't matter. they won't win even one state.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another Cruzbot leaving? Great! Good riddance!
    RVO˩UTION

The cuckoo bird of the republican party has finally kicked out republican eggs from the nest and is placing its own eggs for the republican party to hatch. Imagine that, these people have always referred to the people who resisted Trump's take over as cucks when in reality it wasn't just an insult, it is what they wanted for the republicans all along.

Don't blame the old guard for jumping ship, its one thing to tolerate a RINO neocons, its a totally different case to do that to a democrat infiltrator