Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Wi-Fi safe for health?

Is Wi-Fi safe for health?

Cell phones used to be "safe", then there came "causes for concern" and final determination remains inconclusive as of now.
    Do you consider home wi-fi safe for health?
    My guess is vast majority probably see typical home Wi-Fi radiation levels as fully safe or within acceptable risk levels.

Disclaimer, I have not tried to research/validate views in below article.

10 Shocking Facts about the Health Dangers of Wi-Fi

by Dr. Edward Group DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
    Published on April 2, 2014

Wi-Fi is convenient but many have raised doubts concerning the safety of unseen forces that permeate everything around us. Since the introduction of Wi-Fi in 1997, researchers have performed dozens of studies to explore the subject. The results are clear and shocking — Wifi can negatively affect overall health and brain health, especially in children.
    Perhaps most shocking is that this information is not new or even that controversial. In fact, in 2008 the well-renowned publication Scientific American ran a piece called “Mind Control by Cell Phone” which explained the danger Wi-Fi has on the human brain. [1] Let’s further explore the potential dangers of Wi-Fi with these 10 facts.
    1. Contributes to the Development of Insomnia

Have you ever felt more awake after using Wi-Fi or even struggled to sleep through the night? Reports of these phenomena have been frequent and even prompted a study in 2007 that evaluated low-frequency modulation from cell phones and its impact on sleep. Participants were exposed to the electromagnetic signals from real phones or no signal from fake phones. Those exposed to the electromagnetic radiation had a significantly more difficult time falling asleep and changes in brainwave patterns were observed. [2]
    It’s been suggested that sleeping near a phone, in a home with Wi-Fi, or in an apartment building with many Wi-Fi signals can create chronic sleep problems as the constant bombardment of Wi-Fi pollution interferes with falling asleep and sleep patterns. For many, sleep deprivation is just the start for larger problems. The development of depression and hypertension have also been linked to inadequate sleep. [3]
    2. Damaging to Childhood Development

Exposure to non-thermal radio frequency radiation from Wi-Fi and cellular phones can disrupt normal cellular development, especially fetal development. A 2004 animal study linked exposure to delayed kidney development. [4] These findings were supported by a 2009 Austrian study. In fact, the disruption of protein synthesis is so severe that authors specifically noted, “this cell property is especially pronounced in growing tissues, that is, in children and youth. Consequently, these population groups would be more susceptible than average to the described effects.” [5] In short, bathing the developmentally young in Wi-Fi increases their risk of developmental issues.
    3. Affects Cell Growth

When a group of Danish ninth graders experienced difficulty concentrating after sleeping with their cell phones by their head, they performed an experiment to test the effect of wireless Wi-Fi routers on garden cress. One set of plants was grown in a room free of wireless radiation; the other group grew next to two routers that released the same amount of radiation as a cell phone. The results? The plants nearest the radiation didn’t grow. [6]
    4. Derails Brain Function

5. Reduces Brain Activity in Females

6. Neutralizes Sperm

7. May Impact Fertility

..8. Provokes Cardiac Stress

9. Linked to Cancer?

This is extremely controversial but we can’t ignore that plenty of animal models indicate that exposure to electromagnetic radiation increases the risk of tumor development. While human studies are rare, reports and case studies abound. One such case involves a young 21-year-old woman who developed breast cancer. What makes this case unique was that her family did not have a predisposition to breast cancer… and she developed the tumor right on the spot she carried her cell phone in her bra. [15]

10. You Can Protect Yourself

Although mainstream outlets may ignore the proven dangers, especially in the US and Canada, researchers have identified several methods that can offer a level of defense. First off, reduced melatonin seems to correspond with exposure. Thus, increasing melatonin through supplementation may help offset some of the effects. [16] [17] [18] In animal tests, L-Carnitine provides antioxidant support for nutrients negatively affected by 2.4 GHz radiation. [19] [20]

Limiting Exposure and Staying Healthy

Although melatonin and L-Carnitine offer a nutritional defense, they don’t block exposure. And that’s very hard to accomplish anyway. Look at coverage maps from cell phone companies, or notice how many Wi-Fi networks your smart phone prompts for you to join. We’re surrounded and bombarded by electromagnetic radiation. Blocking exposure is difficult but there are a few small steps you can take. For one, do not keep cell phones, laptops, and tablets close to your body. And if it’s not being used, shut them off (your wireless router too). There are also a number of devices available to counteract electromagnetic frequencies. Check out these ways to protect yourself from laptop radiation and cell phone radiation, too.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...-dangers-wifi/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    5. Reduces Brain Activity in Females
    That's totally believable.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

In b4, well U know who...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

My brain activity is just fine. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

How is that possible?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    How is that possible?
    Dunno, probably has something to do with hormones.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Men have hormones, too.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Danke has no problem with whoremoans.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What I meant is... Oh nevermind.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Danke has no problem with whoremoans.
    What if the wi-fi reduces their activity?

Everything is hard wired in my home, wifi seems sketchy from health perspective, I'm prone to opt out on that kind of thing on scant evidence alone.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I could see it causing serious buffering problems.

There will be a strick policy at my H4WW. No outside contact, so no Internet or Cellphones. I want a safe, healthy environment.
    Last edited by Danke; 07-25-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

The legendary RPF banter keeps things here interesting

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Everything is hard wired in my home, wifi seems sketchy from health perspective, I'm prone to opt out on that kind of thing on scant evidence alone.
    In the same boat.

And any study that finds it dangerous is automatically "coontroversial".

Controversial Study Suggests Wi-Fi Exposure More Dangerous To kids Than Previously Thought
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertsz...ously-thought/
    Forbes
    Jan 13, 2015 - Wi-Fi and cellular devices, and their associated electromagnetic fields, ... the discussion about different safety levels for adults versus children.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Isn't it already included in your modem?

I use it for my laptop because I sit on the porch when I'm online but everything else is wired.

Isn't it already included in your modem?
    When you sign up for internet service most companies offer a hard wired modem option, its usually cheaper, but lately you have to ask.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably not.

All this UFH RF running through us is as good an explanation as ever as to what is $#@!y about health these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Probably not.

All this UFH RF running through us is as good an explanation as ever as to what is $#@!y about health these days.
    They have UFH RF on boats?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

They have UFH RF on boats?
    Typo...UHF.

Yah, radars among other things, in the 2 and 10 CM band...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Typo...UHF.

Yah, radars among other things, in the 2 and 10 CM band...
    Ya I know,
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

our computers are hardwired but I know the modem puts out signal anyway.. folks with mobile devices get a signal here.. so, wrap the modem in foil?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    our computers are hardwired but I know the modem puts out signal anyway.. folks with mobile devices get a signal here.. so, wrap the modem in foil?
    It sounds like you have a modem/router combo. You should be able to turn off the wireless part.

Quote Originally Posted by unconsious767 View Post
    It sounds like you have a modem/router combo. You should be able to turn off the wireless part.
    I looked for a switch or button.. sadly, there isn't one. Probably a setting somewhere..
    if I recall.. router settings are usually at an IP looking address.. 192.168.1.1 or something like that
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

That's right. Some manufacturers have a different address.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I looked for a switch or button.. sadly, there isn't one. Probably a setting somewhere..
    if I recall.. router settings are usually at an IP looking address.. 192.168.1.1 or something like that
    You can look in the manual or search online. Default username and password are usually admin.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

admin didn't work for the password.. it's actually a modem from the cable company..

admin didn't work for the password.. it's actually a modem from the cable company..
    Is there a factory default reset button, usually u need a small pointed object like a pen to depress it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Is there a factory default reset button, usually u need a small pointed object like a pen to depress it.
    I have a tool for that , like the end of a paper clip with a plastic handle on it that says HP .

Quote Originally Posted by Some Injun;v6274310

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Safe?

Earth is not safe..

fyi,, I grew up under High Tension wires,, and in range of a SAC Radar.

I'm mostly OK
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast