Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Oliver Skewers Donald Trump's RNC

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Perhaps this will help with your statistics argument:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-the-2016-rnc/
    Right, so Trump's statistics are correct - they claim they are cherry-picked, but the statistics are exactly what he said they were. It is a recent trend, in many major cities, that crime has gone up significantly in the last year. I guess the lefties want to just ignore it and pretend it isn't happening - or better yet blame it on global warming but the whole reason to point this out is to find out why it is happening. The best theory so far is that the police have had to stand down in these cities because they are afraid to do their jobs because they are afraid if a black guy acts up and they have to defend themselves, then their lives will be ruined. What this has led to is an increase in all sorts of crime in these areas and some people in those communities actually prefer to have police protection over no protection and in many cases no right to arm or protect themselves.

Donald Trump is recognizing race baiting on the left, this is not Donald Trump doing any sort of race baiting.

So how many poor folks from the inner cities do you think could afford to become delegates?

It isn't mind reading the supporters. It is trying to make sense of why the particular demographic is susceptible to Trump's rhetoric when it differs from reality as proposed by data. It isn't as if they were pondering in a vacuum. Trump made no effort to disguise whom he was fascinated with channeling for his speech. So it is the campaign, themselves, who has offered the best explanation for the previous commentary's position on the subject.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0fa896c3f2b2e

What part of the data differs from reality? Trump was very specific that it was certain inner cities that have seen huge increases in crime and shooting fatalities, he was specific about which cities they were and what the increases were. I did not hear any sort of deception in the speech. Even when he referred to the US being dangerous, he was also talking about terrorist attacks. While the overall fatalities are low compared to what is going on in some inner cities, the idea of mass random violence is something people don't want to have to think about.

Astrologically all this violence that is occurring is going to keep occurring through September. The numbers are only going to get worse, which is only going to make Trump look better. I would get out of this whole denial thing.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everybody who gives a rat's ass about what John Oliver thinks,...raise your hand.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Don't agree with his assessment. He is a terrible comedian/commentator.

Plagiarism and Ted anti endorsement do not reflect on organization of the event.

Peter Schiff btw said RNC conventions are much better organized when he compared RNC to DNC 2012.

But again it is easy to see where you get your information and what you choose to put your name behind.

Also I love how "original" Oliver is when he is trying to call the Convention dark. That Convention on live feed had smiling faces everytime I turned to it. People dancing everytime I looked.

People that were from establishment, outside establishment, celebrities and business leaders all promoted Republican platform and Trump. Oh wait Oliver did not mention that or explain how that makes the Convention about fear and darkness.

Again certain people on this forum are just showing their blue colors.

Edit: also feelings argument does not fly. Democrats love to use cherry picked statistics all the time. I see nothing wrong with that as long as it is done properly. Aka how Trump did it.

77 cents on the dollar and racist BLM lies are a prime example of how to do it wrong.

Prime example of how to do it right is to point out a real bump in crime post Ferguson.

Guess what I bet OP is going to either reply with lol just an article link ma why so serious or he will double down and argue these undeniable points from the left's point of view.
    Slamming Statist team red=/=cheering Statist team blue, FYI. I slam them both equally myself, the loathsome packs of parasites they are. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Right, so Trump's statistics are correct - they claim they are cherry-picked, but the statistics are exactly what he said they were. It is a recent trend, in many major cities, that crime has gone up significantly in the last year. I guess the lefties want to just ignore it and pretend it isn't happening - or better yet blame it on global warming but the whole reason to point this out is to find out why it is happening. The best theory so far is that the police have had to stand down in these cities because they are afraid to do their jobs because they are afraid if a black guy acts up and they have to defend themselves, then their lives will be ruined. What this has led to is an increase in all sorts of crime in these areas and some people in those communities actually prefer to have police protection over no protection and in many cases no right to arm or protect themselves.

Donald Trump is recognizing race baiting on the left, this is not Donald Trump doing any sort of race baiting.

What part of the data differs from reality? Trump was very specific that it was certain inner cities that have seen huge increases in crime and shooting fatalities, he was specific about which cities they were and what the increases were. I did not hear any sort of deception in the speech. Even when he referred to the US being dangerous, he was also talking about terrorist attacks. While the overall fatalities are low compared to what is going on in some inner cities, the idea of mass random violence is something people don't want to have to think about.

Astrologically all this violence that is occurring is going to keep occurring through September. The numbers are only going to get worse, which is only going to make Trump look better. I would get out of this whole denial thing.
    He is using 2015 data, and 2016 shows a split. He is effectively using a cherry picked time frame with select inner city data to push fear to suburbanites. I live in the 'hood. i can tell you it always varies by season. Year over year data is going to work the same way. This year, so far, is mixed. this is why long range data is more accurate, providing a clearer picture of the forest rather than studying a tree.

Not going to feel any pity for the losers of the police department who are sucking at the teat but don't want to be held responsible for their own actions. Contrary to your belief that they are difference in crime by their actions, they show up to take reports...if you are lucky. And so, they stood down for 2015, but they chose to do their job in 2016? That's the problem with cherry picking data and then imposing one's feelings on the subject matter.

Astrology, seriously? Not even going to go there. Perhaps Trump can inform President Obama as to the need to nuke the other planets to reorient the universe into a proper alignment.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Slamming Statist team red=/=cheering Statist team blue, FYI. I slam them both equally myself, the loathsome packs of parasites they are. :P
    Lots of people on here post Statist team blue propaganda to slam Statist team red.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who does that has no credibility,..and definitely no libertarian credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Lots of people on here post Statist team blue propaganda to slam Statist team red.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who does that has no credibility,..and definitely no libertarian credibility.
    Got facts to refute the articles? Or is it all about your feelings and needing a safe space to push the Trump love? Any article posted that is anti Trump is by default relegated to pro Hillary by team red because they are binary thinkers.

The one's with no credibility should be anyone choosing lesser of two evils team red or blue. Not someone who uses the propaganda handed on a silver platter which shows the statists who their love interest really is under all that pancake makeup they slather on to look somewhat human.

And for a person who doesn't care about Oliver you sure keep bumping the thread.

As for Oliver, my favorite part was about Newt and it was classic seeing the loudest Trump mouthpiece on RPFs taking marching orders today and bleat out an identical retort. So, by using Oliver's video, one can see how much a tool the Trump supporters are right now. Not because Oliver said anything, but that he consolidated Newt's stupidity into an easily reproduced video snippet.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Got facts to refute the articles? Or is it all about your feelings and needing a safe space to push the Trump love? Any article posted that is anti Trump is by default relegated to pro Hillary by team red because they are binary thinkers.

The one's with no credibility should be anyone choosing lesser of two evils team red or blue. Not someone who uses the propaganda handed on a silver platter which shows the statists who their love interest really is under all that pancake makeup they slather on to look somewhat human.

And for a person who doesn't care about Oliver you sure keep bumping the thread.

As for Oliver, my favorite part was about Newt and it was classic seeing the loudest Trump mouthpiece on RPFs taking marching orders today and bleat out an identical retort. So, by using Oliver's video, one can see how much a tool the Trump supporters are right now. Not because Oliver said anything, but that he consolidated Newt's stupidity into an easily reproduced video snippet.
    https://www.amazon.com/SJWs-Always-L...4GMBUR4#navbar

let's wait and see if he does a bit on the catastrophe that is the DNC and email leak.... I doubt it.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Not read this one, but reviews seem promising, perhaps this can help you and your little "friends" :

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Think-Hus...EHBD352BC62NXR

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

How is posting prog propaganda any more contrary to the site's "mission" than posting Trump stuff? Has it really come to the point where people hate Trump so much that they're approvingly quoting cretins like John "Current Year" Oliver and the absolute morons at Vox? Trump Derangement Syndrome. The struggle is real.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    How is posting prog propaganda any more contrary to the site's "mission" than posting Trump stuff? Has it really come to the point where people hate Trump so much that they're approvingly quoting cretins like John "Current Year" Oliver and the absolute morons at Vox? Trump Derangement Syndrome. The struggle is real.
    QFT +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Bernie voters who look into Trump will be more persuaded by the liberal sites not to go team red because they dislike team blue. This should not need to be explained.. Looks as though the only acceptable sources nowadays to quote from without grievance are Breitbart, Drudge, and Info Wars.

ETA: Perhaps this will help you understand this sub forum better:
    Forums: 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    News and discussion on the Republicans and Democrats in the 2016 Presidential Election. Coverage of: Hillary Clinton, Mike Pence, Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump
    Last edited by moostraks; 07-25-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Bernie voters who look into Trump

Who are the Bernie voters on here that you're directing your posts to?

Bernie voters who look into Trump will be more persuaded by the liberal sites not to go team red because they dislike team blue. This should not need to be explained.. Looks as though the only acceptable sources nowadays to quote with grievance are Breitbart, Drudge, and Info Wars.

Quote Drudge?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Bernie voters who look into Trump will be more persuaded by the liberal sites not to go team red because they dislike team blue. This should not need to be explained.. Looks as though the only acceptable sources nowadays to quote with grievance are Breitbart, Drudge, and Info Wars.
    What does that have to do with what I said? Why are you talking about Bernie Sanders supporters?

It's not that people are posting coverage, it's that they're buying into progressive narratives and approving of their arguments. So many posters here who hate Trump make comments that would be totally at home in the comments section at Salon.com. It's one thing not to like Trump, it's another to make the same arguments that progs do.

As Trumpllary is a radically unlibertarian candidate, any and all criticism of them, from whatever source, is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Quote Drudge?
    Ha, I was hurrying up before I had to brush littlest one's hair. Should have been quote from, and yes:
    https://www.facebook.com/mattdrudge/

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    As Trumpllary is a radically unlibertarian candidate, any and all criticism of them, from whatever source, is welcome.
    Who on here welcomes leftist propaganda,...besides you?

Sounds like a show of hands is called for,.....Bueller?,.........Bueller?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Who on here welcomes leftist propaganda,...besides you?
    I welcome the intra-left struggle between Trump and Hillary.

I will happily post their attacks on one another, which are almost always true.

Ha, I was hurrying up before I had to brush littlest one's hair. Should have been quote from, and yes:
    https://www.facebook.com/mattdrudge/
    I have not seen anyone post Drudge's personal comments from his Facebook.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I welcome the intra-left struggle between Trump and Hillary.

I will happily post their attacks on one another, which are almost always true.
    If you believe it's true, then you're obviously a leftist.

That is ridiculous. Aside from occasional insights into foreign policy (rare ones at that), progressive narratives and arguments and critiques are always wrong.

It's amazing how Trump blinds people, both supporters, and detractors. Realpolitik is dead, it seems.

What does that have to do with what I said? Why are you talking about Bernie Sanders supporters?

It's not that people are posting coverage, it's that they're buying into progressive narratives and approving of their arguments. So many posters here who hate Trump make comments that would be totally at home in the comments section at Salon.com. It's one thing not to like Trump, it's another to make the same arguments that progs do.
    Some Ron Paul folks went Bernie this time. Now they are adrift and some will be looking at Trump. It's relevant to your argument against what you see as unacceptable news sources.

Same old song, binary thinking resorts in shaming those who disagree with one then by default it is to support the other. I could care less what political opinions folks have as long as the state has no teeth. Don't like the sources, then don't look. This is the news section for the non-endorsed candidates.

Do you have anything of substance to offer to the discussion other than to complain about the source?

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

That is ridiculous. Aside from occasional insights into foreign policy (rare ones at that), progressive narratives and arguments and critiques are always wrong.

It's amazing how Trump blinds people, both supporters, and detractors. Realpolitik is dead, it seems.
    What's ridiculous? That Trump is a radically unlibertarian candidate?

Or that I would not mind in the slightest if the Democratic wing of American leftism bopped the other wing's nominee over the head?

And what sources would be an acceptable since you think people should have to see the perpetual rant on sources in the news section for non-supported candidates?

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

posting prog propaganda
    You're echoing what Gingrich said: facts are liberal propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Look who showed up.

Why am I not surprised?

Some Ron Paul folks went Bernie this time. Now they are adrift and some will be looking at Trump. It's relevant to your argument against what you see as unacceptable news sources.
    Who on this forum has done that? I remember exactly one thread where someone claimed they were going to do that and he was roundly criticized. Who are you talking to?

Same old song, binary thinking resorts in shaming those who disagree with one then by default it is to support the other. I could care less what political opinions folks have as long as the state has no teeth. Don't like the sources, then don't look. This is the news section for the non-endorsed candidates.
    That is not what's happening here at all. It's not about the source, it's about the narratives being pushed and accepted.

Do you have anything of substance to offer to the discussion other than to complain about the source?
    It's not about the source in itself. Sources don't have intrinsic qualities. The National Enquirer has had good stories in the past. The point is the narrative. Progressive narratives about Trump are full of $#@!, as they are about almost everything else.

What's ridiculous? That Trump is a radically unlibertarian candidate?

Or that I would not mind in the slightest if the Democratic wing of American leftism bopped the other wing's nominee over the head?
    It's ridiculous to welcome critiques and narratives from people who are wrong about virtually everything. I have yet to see a progressive critique of Trump as a candidate that was both correct and relevant. Sometimes they're one or the other, but never both.

And what sources would be an acceptable since you think people should have to see the perpetual rant on sources in the news section for non-supported candidates?
    It's not about the source, it's about the narratives those sources push.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast