Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Oliver Skewers Donald Trump's RNC

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    It's ridiculous to welcome critiques and narratives from people who are wrong about virtually everything.
    Why, if its effect is to damage someone just as awful as themselves?

When the Freikorps and the Spartacists start shooting one another, why try to stop them?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    You're echoing what Gingrich said: facts are liberal propaganda.
    \
    What facts are those? The only facts I've seen are claiming that Trump's statistics are out of context, not even wrong. The rest of the prog narratives are just vacuous cries of racism, sexism and Islamophobia.

BTW, that's a rich comment coming from you. You're consistently uninformed, have tried to argue with me on numerous occasions but always end up unable to defend your asinine positions.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Why, if its effect is to damage someone just as awful as themselves?

When the Freikorps and the Spartacists start shooting one another, why try to stop them?
    I don't agree with the premise.

I don't agree with the premise.
    What, that Trump is as bad as Hillary?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What, that Trump is as bad as Hillary?
    Yes.

Yes.
    On which issues is he better?

On which issues is he better?
    You are aware of my opinions on things. You should be able to extrapolate the answer to that question.

You are aware of my opinions on things. You should be able to extrapolate the answer to that question.
    If you'd like me to guess, I'd guess that, for you, it's all about immigration and rhetorical fights with the SJWs.

If that's so, then I'd respond that his stated immigration plan is merely an expensive form of amnesty, and the culture war doesn't matter.

If you'd like me to guess, I'd guess that, for you, it's all about immigration and rhetorical fights with the SJWs.

If that's so, then I'd respond that his stated immigration plan is merely an expensive form of amnesty, and the culture war doesn't matter.
    I don't see how anyone can say the culture war doesn't matter. Few things matter more. You have a myopic focus on the machinery of the economy as the entirety of civilization and statecraft.

I don't see how anyone can say the culture war doesn't matter. Few things matter more. You have a myopic focus on the machinery of the economy as the entirety of civilization and statecraft.
    Well, this is just a fundamental difference between you and I.

I say, most people most of the time act in pursuit of their material self-interest.

Ideology comes and goes, "stuff" makes the world go round.

What facts are those? The only facts I've seen are claiming that Trump's statistics are out of context
    Fear mongering to non-inner-city whites who aren't gang members using cherry picked statistics that do not in any way reflect the threat posed to their safety clearly works on those such as yourself who are gullible and prone to be terrified of nonexistent threats.

Nearly everything he said in his convention speech has at best a thin veneer of truth over top of something designed to mislead, pander, and frighten. When he says that the first tasks of his administration would be to "restore law and order" to the country, he justifies his intentions with two "facts": That a one-year rise in violent crime in a number of cities that you could count on one hand constitutes a national crisis when violent crime in the nation as a whole is at a 25 year low, and that police officers are being killed at a 50% higher rate this year than last year. The first half is a failure of logic based on misuse of statistics, and the second half is an outright fabrication.

The rest of the prog narratives are just vacuous cries of racism, sexism and Islamophobia.
    Pretty easy to dismiss criticism if you just assume you know what it says without reading or listening, isn't it?

BTW, that's a rich comment coming from you. You're consistently uninformed, have tried to argue with me on numerous occasions but always end up unable to defend your asinine positions.
    Another example of how feelings do not create reality. Still very apt to the video, you should watch it.
    Last edited by TheCount; 07-25-2016 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Fear mongering to non-inner-city whites who aren't gang members using cherry picked statistics that do not in any way reflect the threat posed to their safety clearly works on those such as yourself who are gullible and prone to be terrified of nonexistent threats.
    Black-on-white crime is not uncommon in diverse cities but is almost never reported on. White-on-black crime is extremely uncommon, yet reported on incessantly on the rare occasions it does happen. There are neighborhoods in LA where I can't go because I would be gunned down upon entering. They aren't white neighborhoods.

"Where you from, cuz?" You hear that in LA, you're dead. But no, nothing to worry about.

Exactly what threshold has to be reached in your tiny little mind until something becomes a threat? Roving gangs going from neighborhood to neighborhood, raping and killing? What does it have to come to?

Nearly everything he said in his convention speech has at best a thin veneer of truth over top of something designed to mislead, pander, and frighten. When he says that the first tasks of his administration would be to "restore law and order" to the country, he justifies his intentions with two "facts": That a one-year rise in violent crime in a number of cities that you could count on one hand constitutes a national crisis when violent crime in the nation as a whole is at a 25 year low, and that police officers are being killed at a 50% higher rate this year than last year. The first half is a failure of logic based on misuse of statistics, and the second half is an outright fabrication.
    Line-of-duty deaths are about the same, it's true. Cop death by gunfire is up 88%

https://www.odmp.org/search/year

Pretty easy to dismiss criticism if you just assume you know what it says without reading or listening, isn't it?
    Oh please. I'm from the SF Bay Area. I live in West Hollywood. I know progressive narratives. I'm surrounded by them every single day. The vast majority of press pushes prog narratives, most people I know are progs. I'm more familiar with what they think than most on this forum, most people in general and certainly more than you.

Another example of how feelings do not create reality. Still very apt to the video, you should watch it.
    You've never debated me cogently on anything. Race and crime, immigration, Rotherham, demographics. That's off the top of my head. You're among the most ignorant on this forum. It's always you saying something stupid, then me having to correct you then you disappear.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Black-on-white crime is not uncommon in diverse cities but is almost never reported on. White-on-black crime is extremely uncommon, yet reported on incessantly on the rare occasions it does happen. There are neighborhoods in LA where I can't go because I would be gunned down upon entering. They aren't white neighborhoods.

"Where you from, cuz?" You hear that in LA, you're dead. But no, nothing to worry about.
    Be that as it may, let's keep in mind that crime rates in general are near historical lows.

There is, in fact, very little to worry about.

Be that as it may, let's keep in mind that crime rates in general are near historical lows.

Sure, I've never said that crime has been rising (though it has in the short term and we'll see if that's a minor blip or the start of a trend). Thing is, the best theory about why crime has been decreasing is proactive "broken window" policing. The very thing that BLM and the like are trying to dismantle. The only real competing theory was less unwanted kids due to abortion and that was debunked by Stephen Pinker. If BLM gets their way (and they will under Hillary), this trend will likely reverse.

Regardless, it sickens me that I, a man of the West, have to avoid large swaths of the city I live in because of the criminal degenerates that live there. It's such an odd thing to realize that huge neighborhoods not that far away would mean certain death for me were I to go there. That is unacceptable, regardless of the overall crime rate.

Edit: also, I see the data is for reported crime. People in black neighborhoods who report crimes are hassled and it they offer to testify are essentially walking corpses. Just something to keep in mind.
    Last edited by ThePaleoLibertarian; 07-25-2016 at 09:06 PM.

None of your propaganda is relevant to the point. This is exactly what I talked about in my post: fear mongering using an unrealistic fear that does not actually threaten the audience.

Exactly what threshold has to be reached in your tiny little mind until something becomes a threat? Roving gangs going from neighborhood to neighborhood, raping and killing? What does it have to come to?
    When the threat is greater than my chances of dying in my bathtub or choking on a pistachio, then maybe it's a threat worth considering. If I spent my time being scared of everything that posed the remotest threat to me, I'd spend my days as a terrified alt-right mess on the internet someplace.

Line-of-duty deaths are about the same
    By about the same, you mean down, right? According to your source, if you calculate a monthly rate, this year's rate is less line-of-duty deaths than 2015, less than 2014, less than 2013, less than 2012, less than 2011, less than 2010, less than 2009, less than 2008, less than 2007, less than 2006, less than 2005, less than 2004, less than 2003, less than 2002, less than 2001, less than 2000, less than 1999, less than 1998, less than 1997, less than 1996, less than 1995, less than 1994, less than 1993, less than 1992, less than 1991, less than 1990, less than 1989, less than 1988, less than 1987, less than 1986, less than 1985, less than 1984, less than 1983, less than 1982, less than 1981, less than 1980, less than 1979, less than 1978, less than 1977, less than 1976, less than 1975, less than 1974, less than 1973, less than 1972, less than 1971, less than 1970, less than 1969, less than 1968, less than 1967, less than 1966, less than 1965, less than 1964, less than 1963, less than 1962, less than 1961, less than 1960, but more deaths in the line of duty than 1959, so you can definitely say that there's a trend here. Officers are at risk, and we need a dictator to protect us from this lawlessness.

Oh please. I'm from the SF Bay Area. I live in West Hollywood. I know progressive narratives. I'm surrounded by them every single day. The vast majority of press pushes prog narratives, most people I know are progs. I'm more familiar with what they think than most on this forum, most people in general and certainly more than you.
    Cool story bro? Not really sure where you're going with this. Maybe if you made a youtube video of your rambling anecdotes, you could get some views... it does seem like the sort of thing that is popular among your peers.

You've never debated me cogently on anything. Race and crime, immigration, Rotherham, demographics. That's off the top of my head. You're among the most ignorant on this forum. It's always you saying something stupid, then me having to correct you then you disappear.
    Aight.
    Last edited by TheCount; 07-25-2016 at 10:02 PM.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

But haven't government crimes increased exponentially, and they are a bigger threat to my wealth and well being.

Asset forfeiture, etc.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Sure, I've never said that crime has been rising (though it has in the short term and we'll see if that's a minor blip or the start of a trend).
    In some cities, yes. AFAIK, there is no national data available past 2014.

Thing is, the best theory about why crime has been decreasing is proactive "broken window" policing. The very thing that BLM and the like are trying to dismantle. The only real competing theory was less unwanted kids due to abortion and that was debunked by Stephen Pinker. If BLM gets their way (and they will under Hillary), this trend will likely reverse.
    I don't think the President's rhetoric has much effect on crime, one way or another.

Local and state officials (like the Mayor of Baltimore!) have much more impact.

The "Obama's war on cops" talking point is just red meat for the base.

Regardless, it sickens me that I, a man of the West, have to avoid large swaths of the city I live in because of the criminal degenerates that live there. It's such an odd thing to realize that huge neighborhoods not that far away would mean certain death for me were I to go there. That is unacceptable, regardless of the overall crime rate.
    What has caused city centers to become this way?

I'd say it's the welfare state and the war on drugs, both of which both Trump and Hillary have every intention of continuing.

Edit: also, I see the data is for reported crime. People in black neighborhoods who report crimes are hassled and it they offer to testify are essentially walking corpses. Just something to keep in mind.
    If you know of any alternate data (national data), I'm all ears.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 07-25-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    But haven't government crimes increased exponentially, and they are a bigger threat to my wealth and well being.

Asset forfeiture, etc.
    Indeed they have, and are.

...another reason not to vote for Trumpllary, as both will undoubtedly increase the 'government crime rate.'

None of your propaganda is relevant to the point. This is exactly what I talked about in my post; fear mongering using an unrealistic fear that does not actually threaten the audience.
    Stating facts is not "fear mongering", nor is it "propaganda". Nothing I said in that post was incorrect. Black-on-white crime isn't uncommon, the reverse is. One gets endless media attention, the other does not. There are neighborhoods that I can't go to in LA because I'd be killed. All facts.

When the threat is greater than my chances of dying in my bathtub or choking on a pistachio, then maybe it's a threat worth considering. If I spent my time being terrified of everything that posed the remotest threat to me, I'd spend my days as a terrified alt-right mess on the internet someplace.
    I'm not terrified. I live in a decent place, I know how to defend myself and I'm armed. I'm enraged that there are actual no-go zones for whites in major metropolitan cities. That is unacceptable. Apparently, you think there's no point in combatting criminal degeneracy until it reaches some arbitrary standard that you deem worthy. There are multiple murders daily in certain cities in this country. Most of the victims are black. That's not worth addressing? Why the $#@! not?

By about the same, you mean down, right? According to your source, if you calculate a monthly rate, this year's rate is less line-of-duty deaths than 2015, less than 2014, less than 2013, less than 2012, less than 2011, less than 2010, less than 2009, less than 2008, less than 2007, less than 2006, less than 2005, less than 2004, less than 2003, less than 2002, less than 2001, less than 2000, less than 1999, less than 1998, less than 1997, less than 1996, less than 1995, less than 1994, less than 1993, less than 1992, less than 1991, less than 1990, less than 1989, less than 1988, less than 1987, less than 1986, less than 1985, less than 1984, less than 1983, less than 1982, less than 1981, less than 1980, less than 1979, less than 1978, less than 1977, less than 1976, less than 1975, less than 1974, less than 1973, less than 1972, less than 1971, less than 1970, less than 1969, less than 1968, less than 1967, less than 1966, less than 1965, less than 1964, less than 1963, less than 1962, less than 1961, less than 1960, less than 1959, less than 1958, but more deaths in the line of duty than 1959, so you can definitely say that there's a trend here. Officers are at risk, and we need a dictator to protect us from this lawlessness.
    I never said it was a trend or that officers are at risk or anything about a dictator. It's like you can't even think. You said that it isn't true that police officer deaths increased 50% since last year, which is true. Gun related officer deaths however, are up 88%. Why not actually respond to what I said instead of strawmanning me? I ask too much, I know.

Cool story bro? Not really sure where you're going with this. Maybe if you made a youtube video of your rambling anecdotes, you could get some views... it does seem like the sort of thing that is popular among your peers.
    Do you even comprehend the conversation you're having? You said I don't listen or read progressive critics, I inform you of the fact that I do both things literally every single day. ​I would go so far as to say there is next to nothing about progressivism I'm not thoroughly familiar with. You respond with an unlettered non-sequitur about youtube. You are a joke.

BTW, who among "my peers" makes videos about "rambling anecdotes"?

Aight.
    Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery. Good for you.

In some cities, yes. AFAIK, there is no national data available past 2014.
    That's what you have to look at, though. If the crime rate is increasing in Chicago lets say, the fact that crime is decreasing elsewhere and therefore bringing down the national data, that doesn't tell you anything about the safety and wellbeing of the people on the South Side. Crime is committed overwhelmingly by certain demographics. That's what you have to look at. The crime rate among enclaves of whites and Asians is meaningless in that respect.

I don't think the President's rhetoric has much effect on crime, one way or another.

Local and state officials (like the Mayor of Baltimore!) have much more impact.

The "Obama's war on cops" talking point is just red meat for the base.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Yeah, crime rates aren't directly affected by what the President says, but Obama has legitimized BLM immensely since the whole thing started. If they get their way, crime rates will get worse. Culture is downstream from power. The President giving legitimizing or rejecting these movements is very important.

What has caused city centers to become this way?

I'd say it's the welfare state and the war on drugs, both of which both Trump and Hillary have every intention of continuing.
    First of all, I'd say the welfare state and t6he drug war made things worse, but not that they caused it. The cause is low IQ, genetic predisposition toward violence, and cultural degeneracy, exacerbated by the things you mentioned.

Secondly, no one is getting elected President by saying he wants to end welfare and stop the drug war. That isn't happening and probably never will. Not in a democracy.

If you know of any alternate data (national data), I'm all ears.
    How could there be, if there's lots of crimes not being reported?
    Last edited by ThePaleoLibertarian; 07-25-2016 at 10:09 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stating facts is not "fear mongering", nor is it "propaganda". Nothing I said in that post was incorrect. Black-on-white crime isn't uncommon, the reverse is.
    White on white violent crime is both the most common and the most likely source of violence that a white person will encounter in the United States.

One gets endless media attention, the other does not. There are neighborhoods that I can't go to in LA because I'd be killed. All facts.
    Your facts are already becoming less fact-like, and you're only three sentences in. Not a good sign.

no-go zones
    Memes.

That is unacceptable. Apparently, you think there's no point in combatting criminal degeneracy until it reaches some arbitrary standard that you deem worthy. There are multiple murders daily in certain cities in this country. Most of the victims are black. That's not worth addressing? Why the $#@! not?
    It's definitely worth addressing, but it's not at a point which would justify giving up my liberties to a police state in order to combat it. Obviously your threshold for abandoning liberty for security is very low, as I pointed out earlier by saying that you are gullible and easily frightened.

I never said it was a trend or that officers are at risk or anything about a dictator.
    I guess you just have fact Tourette's... you just can't help but state out-of-context facts that you don't think are related to the topic at hand.

You responded to me when I was talking about Trump's agenda and his talking points in his convention speech. He said that officer lives are at risk due to lawlessness, which he uses as one of two justifications for his police state. On the other hand, it sounds like you're agreeing with me, not him, and saying that this year's officer deaths are not a trend, officer lives aren't at risk, and a dictatorship isn't justified. I'm glad that we are on the same page. That's two of two police state justifications which we've managed to tear down in just a couple posts. Real progress.

It's like you can't even think. You said that it isn't true that police officer deaths increased 50% since last year, which is true. Gun related officer deaths however, are up 88%. Why not actually respond to what I said instead of strawmanning me? I ask too much, I know.
    What about non-gunshot officers? Don't All Officer Lives Matter?

Do you even comprehend the conversation you're having? You said I don't listen or read progressive critics, I inform you of the fact that I do both things literally every single day. ​I would go so far as to say there is next to nothing about progressivism I'm not thoroughly familiar with. You respond with an unlettered non-sequitur about youtube. You are a joke.

BTW, who among "my peers" makes videos about "rambling anecdotes"?

Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery. Good for you.

More rambling. Really, Youtube is the place for this. You can spend 45 minutes addressing a point that could be put across in five sentences and people will adore you for it.
    Pinochet is the model

How could there be, if there's lots of crimes not being reported?
    Muh facts
    Pinochet is the model

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Good video.

Ah, that you're linking to this site explains a lot about you. Thanks, I'll keep it in mind from now on.

"Blacks and whites are different. When blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western civilization — any kind of civilization — disappears."
    — Jared Taylor, American Renaissance, 2005
    Last edited by Antischism; 07-25-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Good video.

Ah, that you're linking to this site explains a lot about you. Thanks, I'll keep it in mind from now on.

"Blacks and whites are different. When blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western civilization — any kind of civilization — disappears."
    — Jared Taylor, American Renaissance, 2005
    Missed the video and the quote in the link I provided (that wasn't there) , but go ahead and attack the messenger not the DOJ statistics cited.
    Last edited by Danke; 07-25-2016 at 11:59 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

BREAKING: Redcoat douchebag comes out against "America First."

White on white violent crime is both the most common and the most likely source of violence that a white person will encounter in the United States.
    That's very true, however the vast majority of violence inflicted on the black community is from other blacks. So I wonder why Trump supporters care so much about that? Maybe they actually have empathy for the black community. Or maybe they don't want to be financially responsible for their dysfunction (a lot of environmental causes involved in this so-called dysfunction). Or maybe some of both.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Missed the video and the quote in the link I provided, but go ahead and attack the messenger not the DOJ statistics cited.
    Says a lot about your intentions if that's your source.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbass View Post
    Says a lot about your intentions if that's your source.
    It was a Google search, you dumbass. Do you dispute the DOJ statistics, dumbass?
    Last edited by Danke; 07-26-2016 at 12:02 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

It was a Google search, you dumbass.
    Sure, sure. But if I give you the benefit of the doubt, at least in that scenario, you'll know not to use that site as a source in the future, right? ;]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast