Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: John Oliver Skewers Donald Trump's RNC

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Sure, sure. But if I give you the benefit of the doubt, at least in that scenario, you'll know not to use that site as a source in the future, right? ;]
    It said DOJ. If that is not correct, show it.
    Last edited by Danke; 07-26-2016 at 12:12 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    It said DOJ. If that is not correct, show it.
    Then link to the DoJ statistics directly. That would make more sense, no?

Then link to the DoJ statistics directly. That would make more sense, no?
    I guess so, did not research the site, just the DOJ statistics cited there. Came up in top during search.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I guess so, did not research the site, just the DOJ statistics cited there. Came up in top during search.
    No problem. For the sake of honest debate, if you're going to cite statistics (especially regarding statistics divided by race), it's best to avoid linking to publications founded by pseudo-scientific "race realists" since it'll diminish whatever argument you were trying to make. : p

It happens. Google will give you myriad results from all over the place.

No problem. For the sake of honest debate, if you're going to cite statistics (especially regarding statistics divided by race), it's best to avoid linking to publications founded by pseudo-scientific "race realists" since it'll diminish whatever argument you were trying to make. : p

It happens. Google will give you myriad results from all over the place.
    Again, it says DOJ. If anything in this PC government I would expect that to be bias against whites.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Again, it says DOJ. If anything in this PC government I would expect that to be bias against whites.

Antischism
    Greedy Bastards Lyrics

Let not another tree fall in the name of greed.
    Not one more tribe "civilized" for the lust of money.
    Not one more species forced extinct to to fill the pockets of the scum
    who would turn something so majestic into just another slum.
    No, the greedy bastard will not be satisfied
    until every tree has bee cut down and every animal has died.

Before every inch of forest is covered with concrete
    extreme measures must be taken so let's $#@! up their machines!
    Greedy Bastards

Every dozer that we get costs them thousands to replace.
    Every truck that gets $#@!ed up is another loss that they must take.
    When the logging road is blockaded, the $#@!ers can't get there
    and when the trees have all been spiked the message sent is clear.

But the spirit of the wilds lives lives on yearning for the day when we rid the land of those
    scheme to lay nature to waste. Greedy Bastards!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry, don't mean to denigrate them too much, they are actually a pretty good anarchopunk band.

Antischism
    Foreign Policy Lyrics

How many rivers of blood must spill?
    How many more people killed?
    I'm tired of hearing about politics
    I want to know when the killing will end
    Senseless killing for corporate profit that's their foreign policy
    Vile old men in a pentagon office
    Looking at the world through blood-stained glasses
    Lining their pockets with human flesh
    But all their money stinks of death
    Senseless killing for corporate profit that's their foreign policy
    These criminals are unknown
    You never hear their names
    They sit in their offices
    Playing multinational murder games
    It's worse than you can imagine
    Millions have already died
    But there are no laws in this game
    And no one pays for their crimes
    Endorsing apartheid in South Africa
    Pumping money into the hateful system
    As the CIA are playing chess games in Central America
    Instigating revolution and then counter-revolution
    Well its as if they had any right
    The madness it must be stopped
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    White on white violent crime is both the most common and the most likely source of violence that a white person will encounter in the United States.
    Sure, if you live in a white area. If you live in a "vibrantly diverse" area, the criminals don't look like me and see whites and Asians as targets. I can walk around every white neighborhood in Los Angeles with a very minimal chance of getting assaulted or killed. There certainly isn't any white neighborhood I simply categorically can't go to, but there are plenty of black neighborhoods where that's true.

Your facts are already becoming less fact-like, and you're only three sentences in. Not a good sign.
    How is that not a fact?

Memes.
    What? Your arguments are becoming less argument-like. Not that they ever actually resembled arguments in the first place.

It's definitely worth addressing, but it's not at a point which would justify giving up my liberties to a police state in order to combat it. Obviously your threshold for abandoning liberty for security is very low, as I pointed out earlier by saying that you are gullible and easily frightened.
    Who said anything about abandoning liberty or a police state? Order is necessary for liberty. Order without liberty is tyranny, liberty without order is incoherent chaos.

I guess you just have fact Tourette's... you just can't help but state out-of-context facts that you don't think are related to the topic at hand.

You responded to me when I was talking about Trump's agenda and his talking points in his convention speech. He said that officer lives are at risk due to lawlessness, which he uses as one of two justifications for his police state. On the other hand, it sounds like you're agreeing with me, not him, and saying that this year's officer deaths are not a trend, officer lives aren't at risk, and a dictatorship isn't justified. I'm glad that we are on the same page. That's two of two police state justifications which we've managed to tear down in just a couple posts. Real progress.
    Officer gun deaths are up 88% since last year, a fact you have steadfastly refused to address for several posts now. I don't know if that's a trend or not. We'll have to see. If BLM continues to grow and get placated, it may be a trend. If it implodes, it may not be. I don't see how you can say that it's categorically not a trend when it's up so much from one year to the next.

What about non-gunshot officers? Don't All Officer Lives Matter?
    Why won't you address a fact I've cited now three times? Oh that's right, you can't. Almost forgot.

More rambling. Really, Youtube is the place for this. You can spend 45 minutes addressing a point that could be put across in five sentences and people will adore you for it.
    Again, not answering the question or addressing anything that was said.

Look, I understand why you're still continuing to... let's call it "argue" with me. I called you out for constantly running away when you can't debate, deep down you know it's true, so you feel obligated to maintain this back and forth in a flaccid attempt to prove me wrong. It's okay. We both know what you are and the capabilities of your *cough* "intellect". You can run away now. No one will think any less of you. That would be impossible.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Race realism is not pseudo-science. You have never once looked into the issue, aside from maybe reading some articles critiquing it, which was good enough for you. I know that and so do you.

It amazes me how people like you are entirely uncritical about sources that agree with your narratives but are willing to project all kinds of nefarious things onto sources that disagree with you. Why is a "race realist" source any more biased than an egalitarian source? Especially when people like Stephen Jay Gould were caught flat-out making stuff up to suit their social constructivist narrative on race? It would be a scandal if any race realist was caught doing anything like it, but when it's one of you, it doesn't matter! Not when you're "fighting racism"!
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

How can John Oliver still speak to spew this BS? I expected him to turn into a pumpkin when 2015 ended.

Paleo is right on the facts.

Blacks, for instance, do commit a disproportionate numbers of crimes (consult FBI crime data).

And there are significant IQ differences between the races (consult the American Psychological Association).

These are easily variable facts.

The problem with the alt-right lies in the conclusions drawn: the policies they recommend to "solve" the problems revealed by these facts.

...asinine policies such as restricting immigration, for instance.

It's much like 'climate change." Is the climate changing? Sure, probably. The more important question is what if anything the state can do to help.

And the answer is, very likely, nothing.

I have not seen anyone post Drudge's personal comments from his Facebook.
    I have seen them pass the info on with identical commentary. Much like the Newt who needs facts when you have emotions thing.

It was fascinating to watch during the primaries when it was Trump campaign talking points that were then parroted on FB comments as if original thought. I came back here to the forums when Trump became the presumed nominee, and watched the bleed over from Drudge points and article links. Used to be a FOX news voice you could hear it when you saw back in '07 (as you surely recall) and you can see the same thing now, just different sources.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Who on this forum has done that? I remember exactly one thread where someone claimed they were going to do that and he was roundly criticized. Who are you talking to?

That is not what's happening here at all. It's not about the source, it's about the narratives being pushed and accepted.

It's not about the source in itself. Sources don't have intrinsic qualities. The National Enquirer has had good stories in the past. The point is the narrative. Progressive narratives about Trump are full of $#@!, as they are about almost everything else.
    Behind any good lie is a kernel of truth. You have a problem with the narrative then dispute with facts. I could care less about the emotional complaints of those supporting the one party system right now who have their feelings hurt over something the faux opponent source said about their candidate.

You remind me of the control freaks in the religion subforum. This subsection is for news for the unsupported candidates. If it offends your senses that these sources pick on Trump, debate with facts and show substance for a liberty based solution. Trump is not a supported candidate. People lurk. Many RP supporters became Bernie supporters. My interest is in using their media to consume their own Frankenstein creation of pseudo choices. If you wish to debate the merits of sources please start your own thread.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Folks crying "leftist propaganda" at every post they don't like is not really a rebuttal. If you're looking for an echo chamber to cheerlead on a candidate, this is probably not the place where that will happen:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Folks crying "leftist propaganda" at every post they don't like is not really a rebuttal. If you're looking for an echo chamber to cheerlead on a candidate, this is probably not the place where that will happen:

So you admit you are a dirty lefty? If not exposing will continue.

Edit. I am not trying to argue with you. You been wrong on everything. You push only biased articles. You take no time to vet them.
    Last edited by silverhandorder; 07-26-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    So you admit you are a dirty lefty? If not exposing will continue.

Edit. I am not trying to argue with you. You been wrong on everything. You push only biased articles. You take no time to vet them.
    If by "exposing", you mean continuing to post the same lies repeatedly, it's probably not going to work out the way you think it will.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's very true, however the vast majority of violence inflicted on the black community is from other blacks. So I wonder why Trump supporters care so much about that? Maybe they actually have empathy for the black community.
    They don't. They perceive themselves as being at risk from "the blacks" and seek to empower the government to correct the issue.

If Trump's supporters had such empathy for the black community, the media outlets serving them would report on the issue in a drastically different way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

see whites and Asians as targets.

categorically can't go to
    Muh facts.

How is that not a fact?
    1. Nothing is endless.

2. There is no neighborhood in LA where you are certain to be killed upon entry.

What?
    The entire concept of a no-go zone is an oft-repeated talking point and meme.

Who said anything about abandoning liberty or a police state?
    You, Donald Trump, and the entirety of the alt-right. All facts. The best facts.

Officer gun deaths are up 88% since last year, a fact you have steadfastly refused to address for several posts now.
    I did address it. You just choose to ignore my answer because this is one of the poorly-built supports of your supposed logic.

I don't see how you can say that it's categorically not a trend when it's up so much from one year to the next.
    There is no such thing as a trend of two data points.

Look, I understand why you're still continuing to... let's call it "argue" with me. I called you out for constantly running away when you can't debate, deep down you know it's true, so you feel obligated to maintain this back and forth in a flaccid attempt to prove me wrong. It's okay. We both know what you are and the capabilities of your *cough* "intellect". You can run away now. No one will think any less of you. That would be impossible.
    Waving your flaccid penis around and insulting me doesn't affect the quality of your argument.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    No one is asking for your help we ask for you to tell the truth. Posting liberal sites without disclaimer or explanation is lying. Or whining about people exposing you.

Sources matter. I am not going to argue that.

I don't view Trump as a lesser evil I view him as a force for good and generally a good person.

You are one of the people Karen Rose is afraid of. You for your own pride will overlook a genuinely good candidate because liberals don't like him.

I have my problems with Trump but I can see the big picture. The big picture is that this mess of a country needs a competent leader that looks for the interest of the country first.
    I'm jus' gonna drop this off here:

I believe it was that opportunistic, lawless power-happy tyrant Abraham Lincoln who first spoke about "a government of the people, by the people, and for the people." It was bull$#@! when he said it, and it has been bull$#@! ever since. But the bullshittiness of that saying is now more obvious than ever.

Those in power don't give a crap about you, and don't give a crap what you want. The ruling class chooses the rulers you get to "choose" from, which means your "choice" is a worthless joke. The two choices the establishment gives you have slightly different rhetoric, but always nearly identical behavior. You can vote for narcissistic authoritarian collectivist A, or narcissistic authoritarian collectivist B. The fact that you have two "choices" doesn't make it any less ridiculous than, for example, Soviet Russia under Stalin, where the people had the right to vote ... but had one "choice" to vote for.

If, as ridiculously bogus as it is now (with what just happened at the DNC being only one example), you still play the game and vote, you are essentially proclaiming to the political masters that you will fall for absolutely anything--that it doesn't matter how transparently silly the circus gets; you will still legitimize the game and empower the establishment by "choosing" to be a slave, allowing them to keep telling you that they "represent" you, and that you "consented" to this.

"Well at least I'm doing something!" Yes, you are doing something ... something stupid and counter-productive, while the tyrants laugh at your pathetic gullibility. Have fun with that.
    https://www.facebook.com/larken.rose.7

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Random robbery/killings/assaults/maimings done by stranger-blacks against non-blacks are pretty much a one way street in terms of stats.

Asians aren't abducting blacks or walking into a black owned business and killed black people.

If you think a bunch a whites are abducting, robbing or killing blacks at random you should be put in a strait jacket.

Even that dragging truck death 20 years ago; the white guys and the black guy knew eachother from prison.

Not to mention the Mexican on black murders that count as white in stats.

If you get murdered by your white brother-in-law that's not really an avoidable situation compared to standard profiling of people on a street or in a car you do not know. It's much more preventable to stop some random stranger robbing & killing you.

But if you are talking like a George Zimmerman; who's going to kill him a random black kid who Zim doesn't really know the identity of.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 07-29-2016 at 06:45 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234