Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul: "Trump, in spite of his bombast, is a fraud."

Ron Paul: "Trump, in spite of his bombast, is a fraud."

Since this is Ron Paul forums, I figured it would be appropriate to hear what our man Paul has to say...

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you Ron Paul for your thoughts. The fact is either Clinton or Trump will be our next president. How do we make the best of it for the liberty movement?
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

The Wizard of Ooze, Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Thank you Ron Paul for your thoughts. The fact is either Clinton or Trump will be our next president. How do we make the best of it for the liberty movement?
    By facing reality, just like in the 2008 and 2012 general elections. Both nominees are the devil.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    By facing reality. They are both the devil.
    QFT!

By facing reality, just like in the 2008 and 2012 general elections. Both nominees are the devil.
    Exactly. Just wake up and face the reality. The sooner the better.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

4:14

"The politically correct crowd has met its match"

Very well said, Dr. Paul.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    great and then people just stick their heads in the sand and Rand gets 4.5% in Iowa.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

"People like his authoritarian approach because they feel frightened and scared." - Ron Paul

Thank you, Dr. Paul.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

When "Dr. No" Says "No" to Trump...

The Trumpeteers in this forum will remain silent, I'm sure.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    The Trumpeteers in this forum will remain silent, I'm sure.
    Why would we? We have Walter Block, Massie, Raimondo, Peter Thiel and other prominent libertarians on-board with Trump. Ron is entitled to his subjective opinion, especially after what Trump did to his son Rand.

We're going to find out what side is ultimately correct, assuming Trump becomes POTUS. Needless to say Wayne Gretzky once said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-23-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Why would we? We have Walter Block, Raimondo and other prominent libertarians.
    They're not libertarians anymore.

You do have them though.

Please keep them.

What has Dr. Paul had to say about Hillary?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    What has Dr. Paul had to say about Hillary?
    Are you implying (as you do of every libertarian here at RPF) that Ron is a closet Hillary supporter?

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Are you implying (as you do of every libertarian here at RPF) that Ron is a closet Hillary supporter?
    I seriously want to know what Dr. Paul thinks is the proper course of action when the country is faced with the choice between Nationalist Trump and Globalist Hillary.

Those are the choices.

As I mentioned in another thread, Ideology is fine. But this country has to survive long enough to implement it, if it ever happens.

One more globalist administration in America and you can forget about personal liberties forever.

I seriously want to know what Dr. Paul thinks is the proper course of action when the country is faced with the choice between Nationalist Trump and Globalist Hillary.

Those are the choices.

As I mentioned in another thread, Ideology is fine. But this country has to survive long enough to implement it, if it ever happens.

One more globalist administration in America and you can forget about personal liberties forever.
    Do you not watch Ron's videos?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Nationalist Trump and Globalist Hillary.

Those are the choices.
    No they aren't.

One could support the LP and/or focus on Congressional, state, and local races.

And of course there are many things to do outside electoral politics, such as education.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 07-24-2016 at 12:02 AM.

I wish Ron would disavow this site that uses his name in the URL as a recruiting ground for Trump voters. This place has gotten far worse than those newsletters ever did.

Poor Ron... you tried, my friend. You tried.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    No they aren't.

One could support the LP and/or focus on Congressional, state, and local races.

And of course there are many things to do outside electoral politics, such as education.
    QFT

Hillary, during October 2015, has said she wants door to door gun confiscations like what happened in Australia.

Trump many years ago said he supports the assault weapons ban but has recently said he doesn't.

You can't trust either of them. Maybe I should root for Hillary so we can get the bloodiest civil war ever started. Imagine getting the opportunity at killing Hillary's federal agents in your front yard.

I do think that Donald is more likely to appoint slightly better supreme court justices than Hillary is.

I also think that we are going to have to deal with this $#@!ty government we are dealt while Ron is busy selling gold and other doomsday products.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I also think that we are going to have to deal with this $#@!ty government we are dealt while Ron is busy selling gold and other doomsday products.
    In case anyone's wondering what I meant by that; hey you've got $millions$ more than us poor saps you were asking for money a few years ago. Maybe if you actually meant revolution, you could try some supreme court cases. Rather than selling us doomsday fear products on the tv commercials. (Is that not bombastic?)

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    There is a pretty big difference between taking a shot and gently passing the puck to the opposing goalie.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    In case anyone's wondering what I meant by that; hey you've got $millions$ more than us poor saps you were asking for money a few years ago. Maybe if you actually meant revolution, you could try some supreme court cases. Rather than selling us doomsday fear products on the tv commercials. (Is that not bombastic?)
    Have you considered the possibility that he genuinely thinks a terrible calamity is on it's way and he is willing to sacrifice some of his reputation to inspire some people to at least try and prepare? Maybe he doesn't research the guy he's promoting as much as he should, but that's been his pattern for life.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that he genuinely thinks a terrible calamity is on it's way and he is willing to sacrifice some of his reputation to inspire some people to at least try and prepare?
    Chicken little?

Maybe he doesn't research the guy he's promoting as much as he should, but that's been his pattern for life.
    Thank you for reminding me of Benton.

That was a good video, and as always Ron makes sense, but here is the thing at the end he says we need a leader that promotes liberty, we tried getting that leader elected in 2008, 2012 and 2016 and failed all three times.

If your being chased by rabid wolves and you come to a body of water with 3 boats, and you try the first boat because it's the best it's a shinny speed boat, but it just won't start. So you get out and try the next one it's a fishing boat with small motor but it won't start either, lastly there is a rusty old canoe with one paddle, the wolves are getting closer, you rather have had been able to use the other two boats, but you can see the wolves closing in you, so you climb into that dirty old canoe and paddle away.

Sorry Ron, we need to live to fight another day first.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    That was a good video, and as always Ron makes sense, but here is the thing at the end he says we need a leader that promotes liberty, we tried getting that leader elected in 2008, 2012 and 2016 and failed all three times.

If your being chased by rabid wolves and you come to a body of water with 3 boats, and you try the first boat because it's the best it's a shinny speed boat, but it just won't start. So you get out and try the next one it's a fishing boat with small motor but it won't start either, lastly there is a rusty old canoe with one paddle, the wolves are getting closer, you rather have had been able to use the other two boats, but you can see the wolves closing in you, so you climb into that dirty old canoe and paddle away.

Sorry Ron, we need to live to fight another day first.
    Except that what you were told was a canoe is really a fraud. It's so full of holes that it sinks as soon as you get in. It was placed there by those very same wolves to make you think you'll be "safe". But it's a fraud. Unfortunately, not every one can see it. Thank God we have dr Paul's clear vision.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post

Exactly, you try to get away. You don't hire one of the wolves as your guide!
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The wolves are not Trump, but Hillary and her corrupt ideology she will serve to America.
    I agree that canoe might not be safe, but it is still floating when you get in it and put some weight into it.
    It's not ideal for sure.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast