Thread: Clinton Picks Virginia's Kaine as Running Mate

Clinton Picks Virginia's Kaine as Running Mate

Clinton Picks Virginia's Kaine as Running Mate

PHILADELPHIA – Hillary Clinton named Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine to be her vice presidential running mate, a choice that reflects her political ambitions as well as her affinity for a comfortable and reliable partner in governance.

Leading into the Democratic National Convention, which begins in Philadelphia on Monday, Clinton texted her choice to supporters Friday night.

In a subsequent lengthy email, the former secretary of state said, "Tim is a lifelong fighter for progressive causes and one of the most qualified vice presidential candidates in our nation's history." She praised him as “a man of relentless optimism who believes no problem is unsolvable if you're willing to put in the work” and added:

“But this is what’s important: Tim has never taken a job for the glory or the title. He's the same person whether the cameras are on or off. He's sincerely motivated by the belief that you can make a difference in people's lives through public service.”

Not surprisingly, Clinton’s opponent expressed a differing view. Donald Trump tweeted: “Tim Kaine is Hillary's VP pick. The ultimate insiders - Obama, Hillary and Kaine. Don't let Obama have a 3rd Term.”

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ning_mate.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought it was going to be Sanders.
    Stop believing stupid things

What an underwhelming pick.

I guess Hillary wanted to crush the "outsider" movement.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    No way. You saw the secret emails leaked by Wikileaks, right? Hillary and the DNC wanted to crush Bernie. No way would she choose him as her running mate. Any Bernie follower would have to be insane to vote for this viper.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    No way. You saw the secret emails leaked by Wikileaks, right? Hillary and the DNC wanted to crush Bernie. No way would she choose him as her running mate. Any Bernie follower would have to be insane to vote for this viper.
    I thought they would have to be insane to vote for Sanders. I think that for the last year their candidate has been selling them fear, that Trump was going to destroy the world. They are so addicted to the fear they will come back over and over. This time they will tell the Sanders supporters that a vote for the green party is a vote for Trump.

How appropriate. Another Kenite (descendants of Cain).
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

My secret conspiracy theory that she would pick someone like Kasich to eat the Republican party alive didn't pan out. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Democratic Party's All-White ticket and snub to VP hopeful Cory Booker could spell trouble for Democrats in securing over 90% of black vote now that at least 4 high profile African-American civil rights leaders have praised GOP candidate. Kaine would not help Hillary win more "white-male" vote. Kaine might by good for gay rights but with GOP's more inclusive recent stance he may not be able stop GOP from breaking away a significant part of LGBTQ vote.
    2016 prospects for SWC Hillary do not look good.

Related

July 22, 2016 | by Chris Johnson

Trump makes history with LGBT inclusion in acceptance speech

CLEVELAND — On the final night of the Republican National Convention, Donald Trump made history with an explicit pledge to protect LGBTQ people during his speech accepting the GOP presidential nomination.
    Trump made the remarks while invoking the mass shooting last month at a gay nightclub in Orlando, saying the 49 left dead at the hands of a shooter who pledged allegiance to Islamic extremists were “wonderful Americans.”
    “Only weeks ago, in Orlando, Fla., 49 wonderful Americans were savagely murdered by an Islamic terrorist,” Trump said. “This time, the terrorist targeted the LGBTQ community. No good, and we’re going to stop it. As your president, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology. Believe me.”

Those words mark the first time a Republican presidential nominee invoked the LGBT community in a positive way during an acceptance speech at a GOP convention.
    https://www.washingtonblade.com/2016...ptance-speech/

Tim Kaine is Hillary Clinton’s running mate
    Friday, July 22, 2016

Hillary Clinton announced her choice of running mate Friday evening: Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/07/b...-running-mate/

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    me too. She is evil stupid
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito