Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Private Life Affects Your Public Life

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    This is a common argument but there is no correlation between being faithful to a spouse and obeying the Constitution as an elected official.

Mark Sanford is a perfect example. He is outstanding. I would make him President for Life if I could.

Cheating on a spouse is immoral. But being fat is immoral as well. There are a lot of things that are immoral. Donald Trump's personal life shouldn't be a consideration.
    Where do you get that? Some people get fat because of medications, medical conditions, old age, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Yet another thing that disqualifies me from becoming President for any reason lol
    What, sanity?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post

But being fat is immoral as well.
    Where do you get that?
    I suspect that it comes from either a misunderstanding of what the true foundation for moral code actually is, particularly given Krug's misguided assessment of its correlation between Man and government previously, or never knowing what the true foundation for moral code is at all. I suppose that this misunderstanding of what the foundation for moral code actually is, is likely the driver for trends like projecting leadership whose position is that it is an acceptable Man-to-Government relation to force a feller to relinquish his property to another feller at the direction of the barrel of a government gun in the name of Liberty itself and stuff like that.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-23-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    What, sanity?
    Nahhh divorce.

There really is a very long list; this is the least of it.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Yet another thing that disqualifies me from becoming President for any reason lol
    You've been divorced? It seems like everyone's had at least one. Heck, I have a cousin who's been married 6 times and she's only 50. I've never been divorced but I can't think of anyone I know irl (besides my mom) who hasn't been divorced at least once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Nahhh divorce.

There really is a very long list; this is the least of it.
    Well Trump is going to be pushing on that envelope, too.

It didn't seem to be much of a problem for him in the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    You've been divorced? It seems like everyone's had at least one. Heck, I have a cousin who's been married 6 times and she's only 50. I've never been divorced but I can't think of anyone I know irl (besides my mom) who hasn't been divorced at least once.
    Technically I'm not 100% certain if it's ever been filed and such. I just... left. It's been almost 8 years to the day, though, so I would consider that enough time to be able to say we're divorced It was not a good situation. I know some folks who aren't divorced, and I know others who take to it like it's the national passtime.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Technically I'm not 100% certain if it's ever been filed and such. I just... left. It's been almost 8 years to the day, though, so I would consider that enough time to be able to say we're divorced It was not a good situation. I know some folks who aren't divorced, and I know others who take to it like it's the national passtime.
    Ah, I've asked Mr Animal for a divorce a few times. He told me no.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I did the same thing. You aren't technically divorced, though, until the state has the final say with papers and such. That is if you ever intend to remarry under the authority of the state. Personally, if I ever get married again, it won't be one of those state licensed marriages.

I guess Johnson's out too.

http://www.abqjournal.com/news/metro...ro09-29-05.htm

The only candidate who isn't divorced is Hillary,...and that's only because she won't lift her face up outta Huma's crotch long enough to call a lawyer.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah, I've asked Mr Animal for a divorce a few times. He told me no.
    At least he let's you party.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He knows he'd better not say anything because he parties waaayyy more than I do. I rarely go out, he goes out at least 3 times a week and doesn't come home on Saturdays. He'll go out tonight after work, stay in town, and come home tomorrow after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Donald Trump can't even stay faithful as a husband to one woman in his life, having been married three times now. So, how can I trust his oath to the American people and the States to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution, as a President?
    His followers don't care.

OT: I wonder if he can weigh in on this story.
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/27/ac...t-wing-insult/

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    because the oath of office is not legally binding. It's just show-off nonsense.
    It is basically trolling. The populace is getting trolled by those in power. They could recite lorem ipsum and it would not change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    It is basically trolling. The populace is getting trolled by those in power. They could recite lorem ipsum and it would not change a thing.
    Thanks for the laugh and my something new for today. So that's what that's called. Perhaps if I stayed longer with the print industry I'd have learned that sooner.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Trump Simply Cannot Be Trusted

I don't buy that. There are real reasons not to support him but, for me, this isn't one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    There's no guarantees no matter who is elected. The only reason anyone has to trust him in the way you mean is subjective preference. ~shrugs~ This is one of the inherent flaws of all elected "officials".
    Yes, I understand that there have been Presidents who were faithful in marriage, and yet they did not uphold their oaths of office, betraying the American people and the States. But those Presidents were hypocrites.

The point I'm driving at is that Donald Trump has a history of breaking his vows to love someone for all of his life, and that says a lot about himself as a person. If he were elected, then it would make sense for him to not be faithful to his oath because he has done that throughout his life with people who were supposed to be his highest object of love. As lilymc so eloquently put it:

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    It all ties in together. It is foolish to think that a person who is dishonest and dishonorable in their private life (to the people who supposedly matter the most to them) is going to be honest and honorable in their public life, to strangers.

This is why we’re in the mess we’re in today. Because people compartmentalize.

A liar is a liar. A cheater is a cheater. A crook is a crook.

Why do you think Ron Paul was such a great candidate? He was rare in the sense that he actually had principles which he stood by, he was (is) honest and reliable. He’s been saying the same thing for years. You know what you’re getting with him.

Anyone who thinks that character doesn’t count deserves whatever they get, in this God-forsaken joke of an election.
    All I'm saying is that, at the outset of the general election, there is no reason to expect Trump to do any of the things that he claims to do (whether it's abolishing trade deals, having a sensible foreign policy, or anything else that members of this forum praise him for) because he does not honor oaths in his own personal life.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Belief Determines Behavior

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else but I don't hold divorce against someone either. I was speaking in general, not so much about Trump in particular. I just get tired of people thinking that things like honesty, loyalty, principles, etc don't matter in a leader. If you can't trust a leader, then all the other stuff (what they claim their positions are, etc) doesn't really matter.
    Exactly. Generally speaking, we all look for some sort of credentials from a person before we trust them to perform a service to us, which in this case, we're investigating ethical credentials. Ethical credentials do matter, especially when a person is seeking the most prestigious office in America. If someone believes that it's okay to break sacred bonds whenever it's convenient for himself, then it's more than likely he will act on that in other areas of his life, such as in business or in civics.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can imagine being married to Donald Trump is exhausting. It's a big household to run and a lot of personal maintenance. Maybe the rooms of cash buy them more hours in the day, but I doubt it.

DT obviously loves kids. He had a lot of them and he seems to enjoy his grandchildren.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Prostitutes don't flock to the site of National Political Party conventions because they want to hear the speakers.

Washington D.C. is one of the most Hedonistic places on Earth. Dwelling on a candidate's sexual purity isn't something that's going to generate a lot of conversation.

Well,....unless it involves Ted Cruz. But even then it was only because everybody was shocked that he could find 5 women who would have sex with him.

Did his wives stay faithful? Were they virgins?
    Maybe Donald is a literal cuckold.

Sexual Behavior is the Litmus Test of One's Moral Restraint

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Prostitutes don't flock to the site of National Political Party conventions because they want to hear the speakers.

Washington D.C. is one of the most Hedonistic places on Earth. Dwelling on a candidate's sexual purity isn't something that's going to generate a lot of conversation.

Well,....unless it involves Ted Cruz. But even then it was only because everybody was shocked that he could find 5 women who would have sex with him.
    A person's sexual purity is one of the most important factors about a person's character because it deals with his deepest commitments to intimacy. While I agree with you that Washington D.C. is filled with hedonism, that's all the more reason why we need a President (or any political figure, for that matter) who does not give in to his sexual desires that violate his commitment to his spouse, just as we want him to resist the temptation to take power that he is not authorized to have by the Constitution.

The two are linked. The more we ignore the truth that what a person does in his private life comes to light in his public life, the more we will continue to allow corrupt people to sit in seats of public office because those people hide themselves under empty promises and false allegiances to correct principles and policies. I'm going to be crude here and say that, on a basic, ethical level, where a person chooses to stick his dick in at night determines how he uses his pen in the daytime.

A person's sexual purity is one of the most important factors about a person's character because it deals with his deepest commitments to intimacy. While I agree with you that Washington D.C. is filled with hedonism, that's all the more reason why we need a President (or any political figure, for that matter) who does not give in to his sexual desires that violate his commitment to his spouse, just as we want him to resist the temptation to take power that he is not authorized to have by the Constitution.

The two are linked. The more we ignore the truth that what a person does in his private life comes to light in his public life, the more we will continue to allow corrupt people to sit in seats of public office because those people hide themselves under empty promises and false allegiances to correct principles and policies. I'm going to be crude here and say that, on a basic, ethical level, where a person chooses to stick his dick in at night determines how he uses his pen in the daytime.
    So who is the sexually pure candidate you're backing this cycle?

The Castle Was Not Built...

So who is the sexually pure candidate you're backing this cycle?
    I'm in Japan right now, and I'm not planning to vote by an absentee ballot, only because the candidate I would support is not on the ticket in my state--Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party. But, of course, sexual purity is just one of the prerequisites that I look for in a candidate of my choosing.

But, of course, sexual purity is just one of the prerequisites that I look for in a candidate of my choosing.
    But you're using that metric as a way to denounce Trump in this thread so sexual purity is what's being discussed here.

How much research have you done into Darrell Castle's sex life?

Castle Has 38 Reasons to Trust His Fidelity to His Oaths

But you're using that metric as a way to denounce Trump in this thread so sexual purity is what's being discussed here.

How much research have you done into Darrell Castle's sex life?
    Yes, and that metric is simply a matter of public record. We all can find out how many times a candidate has been married or when his sexual infidelities have been exposed to the public. That's all I'm touching on when I mention Trump's multiple marriages as a basis for questioning his fidelities to the American people and the States. Obviously, I can't find out every instance of sexual deviancy from a candidate, so I can only stick with information that is known in the public domain.

And to that point, I can generally say that Darrell Castle's marital commitment is much better than Trump's, as evidenced here.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, and that metric is simply a matter of public record. We all can find out how many times a candidate has been married or when his sexual infidelities have been exposed to the public. That's all I'm touching on when I mention Trump's multiple marriages as a basis for questioning his fidelities to the American people and the States. Obviously, I can't find out every instance of sexual deviancy from a candidate, so I can only stick with information that is known in the public domain.

And to that point, I can generally say that Darrell Castle's marital commitment is much better than Trump's, as evidenced here.

Seems like a quality individual. But I honestly don't see any path to the White House for him.

The reality is, this election is between Trump and Hillary.

Trump isn't the number one person in the United States that I want to be President, but I think it's very important that the government not be turned over to the Clinton machine.

They're a very bad bunch.

Mark Sanford not only cheated on his wife and lied about it to the people of his state, but he also cheated on his mistress too.

Yet he was the best governor in the country and voted almost identically to Ron Paul when they originally served in Congress. Right in the middle of cheating on his wife, he was turning down stimulus money for his state on principle.

There is no correlation between having an affair and not advancing for smaller government.

Sanford Shamed Himself

Mark Sanford not only cheated on his wife and lied about it to the people of his state, but he also cheated on his mistress too.

Yet he was the best governor in the country and voted almost identically to Ron Paul when they originally served in Congress. Right in the middle of cheating on his wife, he was turning down stimulus money for his state on principle.

There is no correlation between having an affair and not advancing for smaller government.
    But what did Mark Sanford do once his affairs were made public? Did he reason, "Well, I've been advocating for smaller government in my state, so I'll stay in office, even though I was caught cheating on my wife"? No, of course not. Sanford knew that his credibility as a principled governor was shot in the public's eye, so he resigned (and rightfully so). He understood the correlation between his infidelities to his wife and the ramifications of them in holding a public office in his constituents' trust.

He endorsed neocon Ted Cruz? To me that says a lot. He's no Ron Paul.

He voted for TPA. Another red flag.

And apparently he attended a Bilderberg meeting? Of course he downplayed it. I wouldn't trust the guy, he sounds like a duplicitous creep. Not only for being a serial cheater, but it's a gut feeling I have just from doing a bit of research. To me he seems to be just like a lot of R/D's, just going along with the charade, but in reality have already sold out to the PTSB.
    Last edited by lilymc; 07-24-2016 at 02:31 AM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast