Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Private Life Affects Your Public Life

Your Private Life Affects Your Public Life

Donald Trump can't even stay faithful as a husband to one woman in his life, having been married three times now. So, how can I trust his oath to the American people and the States to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution, as a President?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any man with 10 billion dollars has been laid quite a bit.

Who doesn't know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Donald Trump can't even stay faithful as a husband to one woman in his life, having been married three times now. So, how can I trust his oath to the American people and the States to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution, as a President?
    Did his wives stay faithful? Were they virgins?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

LOL, how can you trust ANYONE to take the oath?

Oaths are pretty much meaningless in the government. They are not legally binding anyway. Presidents and staff come and go saying a bunch of hocus pocus words and go about their daily business bringing this country down.

Yep. IYAM, he's just like all the rest. Playing the part of the "anti-establishment" hero who is coming to save the day.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Women Love Security

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Did his wives stay faithful? Were they virgins?
    Why wouldn't Trump's wives stay faithful to him, especially since he's a billionaire?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Wealth Doesn't Justify Cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Any man with 10 billion dollars has been laid quite a bit.

Who doesn't know this?
    How do you know that? And even if it were true, it would still prove my original point about Trump, namely, that he can't be trusted due to his own personal infidelities.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why wouldn't Trump's wives stay faithful to him, especially since he's a billionaire?
    You have never been married have you?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Breaking Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You have never been married have you?
    No. Nonetheless, my point still stands about Trump's lack of commitment to one oath in marriage translating into his lack of commitment to his oath as a President of the united States.

??
    Ask Solomon's Wives?

What god does he serve?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

No. Nonetheless, my point still stands about Trump's lack of commitment to one oath in marriage translating into his lack of commitment to his oath as a President of the united States.
    So what? Bush, Clinton, Obama were all married, and they all $H!T on their oath as President every day in office.

I don't buy that. There are real reasons not to support him but, for me, this isn't one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

There's no guarantees no matter who is elected. The only reason anyone has to trust him in the way you mean is subjective preference. ~shrugs~ This is one of the inherent flaws of all elected "officials".
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I don't buy that. There are real reasons not to support him but, for me, this isn't one of them.
    With all the reasons against,, it seems a ridiculous criteria ,, all in all.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    There's no guarantees no matter who is elected. The only reason anyone has to trust him in the way you mean is subjective preference. ~shrugs~ This is one of the inherent flaws of all elected "officials".
    because the oath of office is not legally binding. It's just show-off nonsense.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It all ties in together. It is foolish to think that a person who is dishonest and dishonorable in their private life (to the people who supposedly matter the most to them) is going to be honest and honorable in their public life, to strangers.

This is why we’re in the mess we’re in today. Because people compartmentalize.

A liar is a liar. A cheater is a cheater. A crook is a crook.

Why do you think Ron Paul was such a great candidate? He was rare in the sense that he actually had principles which he stood by, he was (is) honest and reliable. He’s been saying the same thing for years. You know what you’re getting with him.

Anyone who thinks that character doesn’t count deserves whatever they get, in this God-forsaken joke of an election.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    It all ties in together. It is foolish to think that a person who is dishonest and dishonorable in their private life (to the people who supposedly matter the most to them) is going to be honest and honorable in their public life, to strangers.

Why do you think Ron Paul was such a great candidate? He was rare in the sense that he actually had principles which he stood by, he was (is) honest and reliable. He’s been saying the same thing for years. You know what you’re getting with him.

Anyone who thinks that character doesn’t count deserves whatever they get, in this God-forsaken joke of an election.
    Agree 1000%.
    There is no spoon.

You view all divorced men as "liars, cheaters and crooks"?

A part of your life affects other parts of your life? Whoda thunk? Gee, what a curious world.

No one's said character doesn't count but I don't hold divorce against someone. It seems his ex-wives have forgiven him and his children clearly adore him and since all I know about his personal life is from a tabloid, I don't think I'm qualified to judge what went on in those marriages. The rich, womanizing husband makes for juicy gossip but we really don't know the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

So, how come mainly women, elected POTUS Bubba, TWICE ?

Probably elected JFK POTUS too.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 07-23-2016 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    No one's said character doesn't count but I don't hold divorce against someone. It seems his ex-wives have forgiven him and his children clearly adore him and since all I know about his personal life is from a tabloid, I don't think I'm qualified to judge what went on in those marriages. The rich, womanizing husband makes for juicy gossip but we really don't know the truth.
    I can't speak for anyone else but I don't hold divorce against someone either. I was speaking in general, not so much about Trump in particular. I just get tired of people thinking that things like honesty, loyalty, principles, etc don't matter in a leader. If you can't trust a leader, then all the other stuff (what they claim their positions are, etc) doesn't really matter.

― Henry David Thoreau

Yet another thing that disqualifies me from becoming President for any reason lol
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    because the oath of office is not legally binding. It's just show-off nonsense.
    +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't hold divorce against someone either. I was speaking in general, not so much about Trump in particular. I just get tired of people thinking that things like honesty, loyalty, principles, etc don't matter in a leader. If you can't trust a leader, then all the other stuff (what they claim their positions are, etc) doesn't really matter.
    When was the last time in history you could "trust a leader"?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    When was the last time in history you could "trust a leader"?
    If you're using the word leader in a general sense, I've known a number of leaders I can trust. If you're talking only about US politics, not so much. But that doesn't mean you have to vote for a typical slimy politician, just because you think you have no choice. I think it's better to vote one's conscience (or not at all) than get manipulated into playing their "lesser of two evils" game every damn 4 years.

― Henry David Thoreau

This is a common argument but there is no correlation between being faithful to a spouse and obeying the Constitution as an elected official.

Mark Sanford is a perfect example. He is outstanding. I would make him President for Life if I could.

Cheating on a spouse is immoral. But being fat is immoral as well. There are a lot of things that are immoral. Donald Trump's personal life shouldn't be a consideration.

You know what, you're right. Let's hold Trump's feet to the fire of God and hold him to the principles outlined herein like all the rest of us sinners.

http://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/10...nt?oid=2146586

Can I get an AMEN brother!

I can only assume he hath never engaged in self-loving. You know what, I will pray for him anyway and help casteth those demons awayest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    This is a common argument but there is no correlation between being faithful to a spouse and obeying the Constitution as an elected official.
    No. Your assessment of the moral correlation between Man and governmental philosophy is patantly false. To your credit, though, it is simply a misguided assessment. Respectfully.

The fundamentally religious basis of America's traditional governmental philosophy is the foundation of its moral code.

Let us review how and why.
    The second paragraph of the United States Declaration of Independence starts as follows...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Again...all men are created...endowed by their Creator

This is the fundamental foundation for the traditional American philosophy that Man is of Divine origin. That his spiritual, or religious, nature is of supreme value and importance compared with things material.

This American governmental philosophy is therefore religious in nature. This philosophy is uniquely American in that no other people have ever made this principle the foundation for their governmental philosophy.The spiritual brotherhood of men under the common fatherhood of God is a concept which is basic to this American philosophy. It expresses the spiritual relationship of God to Man and, in the light thereof, of Man to Man. To forget these truths is a most heinous offense against the spirit of traditional America because the greatest sin is the lost consciousness of sin.

There is a precise explanation that I'd read in a good book on the topic of American governmental pholosophy. One that I've referenced here and one that I'll share here again in the interest of your misguided; incorrect assessment of the correlation of moral foundation that dictates, not only proper Man-to-Man relations, but, proper Man-to-Man relations as they correlate to proper Man-to-Government relations. The name of the book was The American Ideal of 1776: The Twelve Basic American Principles. Good book...

Anyway...The fundamentally religious basis of this philosophy is the foundation of its moral code, which contemplates The Individual's moral duty as being created by God's Law: the Natural Law. The Individual's duty requires obedience to this Higher Law; while knowledge of this duty comes from conscience, which the religious-minded and morally-aware Individual feels duty-bound to heed. This philosophy asserts that there are moral absolutes: truths, such as those mentioned above, which are binding upon all Individuals at all times under all circumstances. This indicates some of the spiritual and moral values which are inherent in its concept of Individual Liberty-Responsibility.We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.The American philosophy, based upon this principle, is an indivisible whole and must be accepted or rejected as such. It cannot be treated piece-meal. Its fundamentals and its implicit meanings and obligations must be accepted together with its benefits.

The concept of Man's spiritual nature, and the resulting concept of the supreme dignity and value of each Individual, provide the fundamental basis for each Individual's self-respect and the consequent mutual respect among Individual's. This self-respect as well as this mutual respect are the outgrowth of, and evidenced by, The Individual's maintenance of his God-given, unalienable rights. They are maintained by requiring that government and other Individuals respect them, as well as by his dedication to his own unceasing growth toward realization of his highest potential, spiritually, morally, intellectually, in every aspect of life. This is in order that he may merit maximum respect by self and by others.

This concept of Man's spiritual nature excludes any idea of intrusion by government into this Man-to-Man spiritual relationship. It excludes the anti-moral precept that the end justifies the means and the related idea that the means can be separated from the end when judging them morally. This concept therefore excludes necessarily any idea of attempting to do good by force, for instance, through coercion of Man by Government, whether or not claimed to be for his own good or for the so-called common good or general welfare.

It excludes disbelief in, even doubt as to the existence of, God as the Creator of Man and therefore excludes all ideas, theories and schools of thought, however ethical and lofty in intentions, which reject affirmative and positive belief in God as Man's Creator.

Only those ideas, programs and practices, regarding things governmental, which are consistent with the concept that "The Spiritual is supreme" can justly be claimed to be truly American traditionally. Anything and everything governmental, which is in conflict with this concept, is non-American, judged by traditional belief.

This applies particularly to that which is agnostic, or atheistic, neutral about, or hostile to, positive and affirmative belief in this concept based upon belief in God as Man's Creator. There is not room for doubt, much less disbelief, in this regard from the standpoint of the traditional American philosophy. Its indivisible nature makes this inescapably true. This pertains, of course, to the realm of ideas and not to any person; it is the conflicting idea which is classified as non-American, according to this philosophy.

The traditional American philosophy teaches that belief in God is the fundamental link which unites the adherents of all religions in a spiritual brotherhood. This philosophy allows for no differentiation between them in this unifying conviction: "....all men are created...endowed by their Creator..." This philosophy is all inclusive as to believers in God. Although America was originally colonized predominantly by adherents of the Christian religion, and principally by Protestants, the Founding Fathers steadfastly conformed to this all-embracing character of the approach of the American philosophy to religion. This was expressly and affirmatively indicated in the proclamation of 1776 of the fundamental American philosophy, of its basic principles, in the Declaration of Independence. This was further indicated, negatively, in 1787-1788 by the Framers and Ratifiers of the Constitution--as a "blueprint" for the structure of the then proposed Federal government, with strictly limited powers, by not permitting it to possess any power with regard to religion. This implied prohibition against the Federal government was reinforced by the addition of the First Amendment expressly prohibiting it, through the Congress, from making any law "respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." - the words "an establishment of religion" being intended to mean, specifically and only, a church or religious organization which is established, supported and preferred by the government, like the Church of England establishments then existing in some of the States.

Belief in Man's Divine origin is the foundation of the fundamental American principle which controls his relationship to government: that Man, The Individual, is of supreme dignity and value because of his spiritual nature
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-23-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast