View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton

3 4.11%
  • Donald Trump

16 21.92%
  • Gary Johnson

27 36.99%
  • Some other 3rd party

6 8.22%
  • Not voting/write-in

21 28.77%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you plan to vote for?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Who do you plan to vote for?

Now that Trump is the official nominee of the Republican party, I figured it would be interesting to take a poll. The way I see it, we have a choice between the 2 major parties, a 3rd party or not voting/write-in.

Personally I am undecided. I might vote for Trump, mainly because of the Supreme Court or I may not vote.
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 07-22-2016 at 04:57 PM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NO ONE BUT PAUL
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

NOTA, as usual.

If I lived in a swing state, I'd vote GOP. Scalia's death changed my thinking quite a bit. Plus, Trump is still pissing off the neocons/warmongers and that's a damn good sign. One of the main speaker on his big night spoke out for us gays and called out the "illegal wars". When did you ever think that would happen at a Republican convention?

Since I live in a state that is almost guaranteed to vote for The Evil Queen (Massachusetts), I have a lot more options. I used to like Gary Johnson, but he's almost too establishment for me these days. If I'm going to cast a protest vote, I want it to mean something, ya know what I'm saying?

Basically, I'm undecided at this point.

My handsome husband, BTW, is voting Trump. He has far more traditional political views than I do, so the choice for him is always D v. R, and he hates Hillary these days.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
    If I lived in a swing state, I'd vote GOP. Scalia's death changed my thinking quite a bit. Plus, Trump is still pissing off the neocons/warmongers and that's a damn good sign. One of the main speaker on his big night spoke out for us gays and called out the "illegal wars". When did you ever think that would happen at a Republican convention?

Since I live in a state that is almost guaranteed to vote for The Evil Queen (Massachusetts), I have a lot more options. I used to like Gary Johnson, but he's almost too establishment for me these days. If I'm going to cast a protest vote, I want it to mean something, ya know what I'm saying?

Basically, I'm undecided at this point.

My handsome husband, BTW, is voting Trump. He has far more traditional political views than I do, so the choice for him is always D v. R, and he hates Hillary these days.
    solid reasoning. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    NOTA, as usual.
    So the question is, did you vote in the poll, or is that anti-voluntarist
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I voted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Why are "not voting" and "write-in" lumped together?

They are entirely different things (whereas voting for Hillary and voting for Trump are essentially identical ...).
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Obviously Trump duh
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I voted.
    +rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Why are "not voting" and "write-in" lumped together?

They are entirely different things (whereas voting for Hillary and voting for Trump are essentially identical ...).
    There should also be an undecided. These polls always need more options. I keep sayin' but nobody listens.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Johnson, the only one sane on 50+ liberty issues, though he's not right on several things. I wish the other third party candidates well, and hope the Rs and Ds burn in hell.

Johnson. I voted in this poll.

This is the breakout opportunity of the century for the LP to gain traction and begin the breakup of the current Democratic-Republican duopoly.

Trump and Clinton are both ugly statists and authoritarians. To vote for either would be evil IMNSHO.

I am resigning from my position in my county Republican party now that Trump has officially attained the nomination. (I feel cleaner already). If Trump wins the GE in November, I will be changing my party registration back to Libertarian, where I came from in 2007.
    Last edited by francisco; 07-22-2016 at 03:05 PM.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

"Do As I Say, Not As I Do"

Isn't it ironic that those who are against voting voted for the option "Not Voting"? You just can't help yourselves, can you?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    +rep
    @Ronin Truth if you vote you get rep.

I would've voted harder if he had offered a sticker.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There should also be an undecided. These polls always need more options. I keep sayin' but nobody listens.
    $#@! the undecideds. Voting is for men, not for indecisive pussies
    - Kim Kardashian

Castle.
    Stop believing stupid things

Who's voting for Hillary Clinton?

Who's voting for Hillary Clinton?
    I can only assume, someone meant to select "Donald Trump" but hit the wrong one by mistake
    - Kim Kardashian

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Voted for Johnson in hopes to improve third party numbers. Cannot vote for Trump or Hillary and still be able to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Isn't it ironic that those who are against voting voted for the option "Not Voting"? You just can't help yourselves, can you?
    Did they? Which ones? And how can you tell?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hillary has been really pissing off a lot of people for decades. She's 100% proven to be completely awful.

Trump did not go out of his way to screw Ron or Rand Paul.

If our country wasn't a fked up mess we'd hear as much about Hillary Clinton as Rosalynn Carter. But, no, Hillary, who is awful on so many levels is still around.

Voting for Trump. Hillary is disgusting, far more nausea inspiring than Obama.

If Michelle Obama runs for President in 2032, it's be like now. I might be a bit older than many of you. No fking way to Hillary Clinton. Without the whole "Hillary makes me sick" argument, the argument I was making last year was No Bush, no Clinton. They all sucked. Proven to suck. Trump isn't proven to suck. He probably will, but we don't know that for a fact.

Last time, I wrote in Ron. The time before, Palin. I might've voted for Romney if they didn't screw our Maine Delgates and Ron Paul.

Things always get worse. The new President is always the worst ever. And I'm not saying Trump won't be that. I'm saying I don't want to hear Hillary Clinton's name, I don't want to see her on TV, I just want her to go away. He's long, long, long overstayed whatever welcome she had.

Suz has magical powers. I saw it on some test results.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    I am resigning from my position in my county Republican party now that Trump has officially attained the nomination. (I feel cleaner already). If Trump wins the GE in November, I will be changing my party registration back to Libertarian, where I came from in 2007.
    Congratulations, and just know you're not the only one resigning from a position in the GOP over Trump. Danny Jones, Laura Ebke, John Moore, Joel Davis, and others are fleeing the GOP.

LOL & OMG at the Hillary voters, if you have gone from Ron Paul in 2008 to Hillary in 2016 then......

Come on RPF get the court jester not the criminal, she is just going to get impeached anyways, and we will have a President Kaine.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I thought about it and now it doesn't look like I can change it. I guess this will just have to measure those that have made a decision for now.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

The results of this poll really do speak for the gradual erosion of virtue within our movement; consequently, the movement itself. The erosion of respect for/adherence to the principles that establish the site's professed mission is a trend that is becoming particularly observable.

Here, on a platform that historically prides itself on promoting the principles of Individual Liberty as its primary mission statement, we have a man winning a poll for the leadership of our nation, who openly and admittedly, would force an Individual or group of Individuals to relinquish their property to another Individual or group of Individuals at the barrel of a government gun. And he makes his position known in the name of Liberty, itself, no less. This is the most fundamental principal of Individual Liberty, people. To relinquish that primary fundamental principle is effectively relinquishing and rejecting the concept of Individual Liberty itself. Granted, I get that most people who actively participate in coercion understand very little of its function and subsequently demonstrate no regard for its consequence. But such action is not, in my view, acceptable on a platform where promoting the principles of Individual Liberty itself is understood to be its primary mission. It just isn't.

Anyway. I really do hope that some of you reserve some time to consider and evaluate the scope and magnitude of your choice. And it is a choice. Make no mistake about that.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-22-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast