Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz just refused to endorse Trump

Cool Cruz just refused to endorse Trump

heh...

I can now simultaneously applaud Ted Cruz for standing up on principle while also slamming him for going back on his word
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    old
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

How could he do that to his best good friend?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

He also promised to run in four years. Give it a rest, Ted. This nightmare really has no end.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

* See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

A very similar message to Clint Eastwood at the '12 GOP Convention, who said "if you don't like them, don't vote for them". Millions didn't vote for Mitt.

The GOP will either improve, or die. Either is good for America, but death is more certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Good for Cruz.

He entered the race to undermine and dilute Rand Paul and the liberty vote for his own aggrandizement. He is the lying conman pastor Bible Belt voters remember, and refused to vote for.
    Carthago Delenda Est

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Down With Drumpf

Thank you, Cruz.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Anyone else get the Ron Paul "Golden Rule" flashback?

Ron Paul: I think we should follow the golden rule in foreign policy.
    GOP: BOOO!!!

Cruz: You should vote your conscience.

Now, I'm no fan of Cruz but that crowd was just as bad as SC.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Good. When Trump loses badly, Cruz will be in a good position for 2020. I just hope we never get to see Sarah Palin and Cristie again after that historic loss.

Cruz's support at the convention went down because it's a closed bubble. His support outside the convention probably went up. The whole convention is staged to give the appearance of overwhelming support for trump.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I am by no means a supporter of Trump or Cruize (in fact I hate them both), but wasn't it Cruize lecturing Trump during one of the debates about not signing that pledge about supporting the eventual candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    Good. When Trump loses badly, Cruz will be in a good position for 2020. I just hope we never get to see Sarah Palin and Cristie again after that historic loss.
    See, my hope is that Cruz jumped the shark. Rand did the right thing by not attending at all. He won't be tainted by the Trump stink in either way.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    See, my hope is that Cruz jumped the shark. Rand did the right thing by not attending at all. He won't be tainted by the Trump stink in either way.
    I agree about Rand. That was a good decision by him. He got to have it both ways. He can't be blamed for not supporting the nominee but at the same time he's not doing anything to help him either.

I agree about Rand. That was a good decision by him. He got to have it both ways. He can't be blamed for not supporting the nominee but at the same time he's not doing anything to help him either.

And politically that's the way you're supposed to play it, which is why it was smart for him not to be there.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    I am by no means a supporter of Trump or Cruize (in fact I hate them both), but wasn't it Cruize lecturing Trump during one of the debates about not signing that pledge about supporting the eventual candidate?
    Technically, Cruz didn't do anything to break that pledge.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Thank you, Cruz.
    Wow, dude. You badly need to do your homework.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Yeah he did. But, hey, he's Lyin' Ted. A moniker well-deserved.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Anyone else get the Ron Paul "Golden Rule" flashback?

Ron Paul: I think we should follow the golden rule in foreign policy.

Cruz: You should vote your conscience.

Now, I'm no fan of Cruz but that crowd was just as bad as SC.
    They booed God last night as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    Don't think so. He committed political suicide last night.
    ================

They booed God last night as well.
    When? I watched the whole thing and didn't see anything of the sort.
    ================

Technically, Hillary was cleared of all wrongdoing.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Technically, Hillary was cleared of all wrongdoing.
    That's why the GOP get made fun of (by the voters they should be trying to attract) when the theme is supposed to be "Make America Work Again", but really it's 3 hours of chanting "lock her up!"

That's why the GOP get made fun of (by the voters they should be trying to attract) when the theme is supposed to be "Make America Work Again", but really it's 3 hours of chanting "lock her up!"
    It takes work to be a party of ideas. Being a party of demagogues is easier.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Yeah, no kidding. Three days of convention speakers and we have yet to hear a coherent policy message. I mean, what is the GOP planning on doing if they win?! Continue to go after Hillary!?! It seems like they've got nothing else.

This is going to be very bad for them down-ballot.

I mean, what is the GOP planning on doing if they win?!
    Whatever they want. If your voters will line up to vote for a nominee with no qualifications and no policy ideas, then apparently you don't need to do anything to get their votes.

Continue to go after Hillary!?!
    Oh, undoubtedly. 12 Benghazi investigations obviously isn't enough, they'll continue to ride that pony forever. Hell, they pretty much dedicated the first day of the convention to it.
    Pinochet is the model

Oh, undoubtedly. 12 Benghazi investigations obviously isn't enough, they'll continue to ride that pony forever. Hell, they pretty much dedicated the first day of the convention to it.
    And the second day... and the third day...

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trying to micromanage everyone's lives isn't an idea. The dems have become a caricature of themselves. Even the republicans in their dilapidated state have conjured a more appealing message that runs in contrast to this general philosophy.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-21-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast