Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cruz just refused to endorse Trump

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    But you just said that Cruz is being dumped by the donors....

...because the donors wanted him to endorse Trump.
    Cruz is being trashed for making a spectacle of himself and the party.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Oh, well if that's the criteria...

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

More or less of a spectacle than the entire Trump campaign?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    He was going to be sacrificial no matter what. But once again, Trump created this divide in the party by pissing on the 11th commandment and personally destroying those on HIS SIDE. Trump's scorched earth campaign may have left him the last man standing, but he destroyed the party to get there. Don't expect those who he personally destroyed to come a running to his rescue when he hasn't made even the slightest effort to build a bridge. In fact his stance is still "I don't need you" etc etc. GOP is dead and Trump killed it. For that I thank him As for the election in November... it's anyone's guess how it turns out. And I don't rightly care as no one who represents me is currently running so I will return to my bunker mentality and my apathy toward national politics... a pox on all your houses.
    There was not going to be a nice or finesse way to defeat the kingmakers, that's the point. Trump took the confrontational path needed to get the nomination given the lock the establishment had over the process. The Pauls tried three times to pick that lock, in vain. THE LOCK HAD TO BE BROKEN. The same goes for the lock the elite has had on the framework on the big issues. So the decision to go to war in Iraq, for example, could not be just politely disagreed with (yet still respected), it had to be ridiculed, and the intervention called out for being the disaster that it was.

As for Cruz, I think Trump just triangulated him. The campaign cleared his convention speech beforehand, so somebody must have noticed there was no endorsement included. They let the slimy snake spew his venom, and let all the resulting acrimony explode over it, so now Trump gets to give a statesmanlike speech tonight, to end up looking like the sensible one. Trump is still outmanuveuring the never-Trumpers, with ease.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 07-21-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

...lulz

LOL!! Ted Cruz.... there is a way to act and certain etiquette that needs to be followed when speaking at the RNC. How very "un-PC" of him. The Republican Party and Trump supporters are hypocrites. I thought it was cool to not be "PC".
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Mmmmmm......leesseee........

Less.
    There is no spoon.

No he embarassed himself because he didn't stand by his pledge. He will be blamed for every republican loss.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    There was not going to be a nice or finesse way to defeat the kingmakers, that's the point. Trump took the confrontational path needed to get the nomination given the lock the establishment had over the process. The Pauls tried three times to pick that lock, in vain. THE LOCK HAD TO BE BROKEN. The same goes for the lock the elite has had on the framework on the big issues. So the decision to go to war in Iraq, for example, could not be just politely disagreed with (yet still respected), it had to be ridiculed, and the intervention called out for being the disaster that it was.

As for Cruz, I think Trump just triangulated him. The campaign cleared his convention speech beforehand, so somebody must have noticed there was no endorsement included. They let the slimy snake spew his venom, and let all the resulting acrimony explode over it, so now Trump gets to give a statesmanlike speech tonight, to end up looking like the sensible one. Trump is still outmanuveuring the never-Trumpers, with ease.
    Trump lost the general to win the primary. There's a reason none of the other candidates went that route.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I promised not to do it anymore, but this is chimp-worthy and I almost broke my pledge.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

This is the messed up world we live in. Cruz was actually the most principled person in that convention by refusing to support a LIBERAL. Shouldn't he be applauded for that? Oh that's right. All of a sudden, it's Party before principle in the RPFs.
    Last edited by SilentBull; 07-21-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump lost the general to win the primary. There's a reason none of the other candidates went that route.
    Yeah, and I'm sure Trump is aware of this because I've always said he was never in this to win it. He's in this to hand the presidency to Clinton. He wins by just getting all the attention he's gotten.

That must be a good thing cos according to the Trump boys, keeping you name in the media is always regarded as a win. So Cruz is winning big time right now.

RIP, Lyin Cheatin Ted's political career! Trump deserves kudos just for making this happen with all his BS.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    This is the messed up world we live in. Cruz was actually the most honest and principled person in that convention by refusing to support a LIBERAL. Shouldn't he be applauded for that? Oh that's right. All of a sudden, it's Party before principle in the RPFs.
    Break blindly partisan pledge forced on you by the RNC = unprincipled

Endorse candidate whose policies contradict all of your principles = principled

....odd that.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    No he embarassed himself because he didn't stand by his pledge. He will be blamed for every republican loss.
    It's obvious that the real problem here is that he refused to kiss the ring of Orange.

Kind of pokes a little hole in the reality bubble Trump has blown for himself.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's obvious that the real problem here is that he refused to kiss the ring of Orange.

I think it was a calculated political risk that backfired.

To the contrary, no GOP guy can win the White House again, unless they repudiated the Iraq war, nation/empire-building mania of the neo-cons, which is the only thing the Republican brand is associated with post-Bush. Trump and Paul are the only GOP candidates who could have won the election. It was the Republican elite who was willing to lose the election, in order to get one of their war party guys to win the primary.

Rand didn't kiss the ring- when people ask him why the republicans lost he can say its because they didn't try to bring new people into the party like he said. Cruz will say because Trump, and anyone who did support Trump will blame Cruz, not Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    To the contrary, no GOP guy can win the White House again, unless they repudiated the Iraq war, nation/empire-building mania of the neo-cons, which is the only thing the Republican brand is associated with post-Bush. Trump and Paul are the only GOP candidates who could have won the election. It was the Republican elite who was willing to lose the election, in order to get one of their war party guys to win the primary.
    No GOP can win the White House post-Bush by running on "because <opponent>" either.

Rand didn't kiss the ring- when people ask him why the republicans lost he can say its because they didn't try to bring new people into the party like he said.
    New people are coming into the party, but they're not the people who are being solicited by the party.

Consequently, the party's chosen candidates will never appeal to them.

No GOP can win the White House post-Bush by running on "because <opponent>" either.
    You are so cute parroting cruz lines. You are always wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump has been a rude, crude, a-hole during this campaign. Cruz has every right to be angry at Trump and not make a speech to endorse him. I have supported Rand's decision to not attend the convention. Cruz should have copied Rand (again) and done the same.

The non-endorsement speech at an RNC convention reeks of being a snake, and if it was just this one incident of being a snake, it wouldn't be as bad. But he has had a slimy demeanor forever, and it has been matched by actions. He was an opportunist who latched unto the liberty movement built by Ron Paul. The first great betrayal happened well after he was in office, when he first came out of the closet as a neoconservative on foreign policy. Since then it's been one slippery move after another. He essentially supports the Patriot Act now. He likes Guantanamo. His opposition to interventionism has dissipated. He wants to make Syria glow. He made super-neoconness Fiorina his VP choice. He entered the Presidential contest to co-opt the liberty movement. It worked.

This wasn't an isolated incident. It's a trend.
    These are good points. As someone who came in a close 2nd though isn't Cruz sort of entitled to a speech at the convention? And I would think Cruz kind of owes it to all his supporters there.

As for him being a snake or an opportunist here, I don't know. He never was dishonest about the intentions for the speech. And I'm not sure how he benefited from it either. Many people are saying this is going to kill his career actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    If Trump wins, then it will definitely backfire.

If he does not, it's possible that this could benefit Cruz depending on how exactly the Republican party collapses.
    Pinochet is the model

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    It's still too soon to tell. He'll know for sure around the middle of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    New people are coming into the party, but they're not the people who are being solicited by the party.

Consequently, the party's chosen candidates will never appeal to them.
    Yes, the influx of Trumpenproletariat has definitely lowered the party's average IQ.

It'll now be harder than than ever for libertarian candidates to win.

Which is the height of stupidity and scapegoating since a GOP loss should be blamed on $#@!ty candidates with $#@!ty messages. Ironic, really, when the nominee is someone that has systematically offended every voting demographic in the country during the primary, except the low IQ flyover morons that don't matter in general elections. But yeah, it'll be Cruz that screwed it up for everyone
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    These are good points. As someone who came in a close 2nd though isn't Cruz sort of entitled to a speech at the convention? And I would think Cruz kind of owes it to all his supporters there.

As for him being a snake or an opportunist here, I don't know. He never was dishonest about the intentions for the speech. And I'm not sure how he benefited from it either. Many people are saying this is going to kill his career actually.
    There are other careers to consider. I wouldn't be surprised if President Trump appointed Cruz to the Supreme Court upon the first vacancy. Cruz reminds me here of Cobra, a disliked cop from a '80's Stallone movie. After he was in an extremely destructive midtown car chase, the cop was re-assigned to take a witness to a remote area, with one superior then sighing, "at least we got him out of the city." At this point Cruz needs to retire to Goldman Sachs, or Trump needs to appoint him to a non-political post to cool off the volcanoes he has erupted. "At least we got him out of the Senate."

I voted for Cruz. I don't think he is outstanding but he was the best left after Rand.

The problem with this speech is Cruz allied with Trump for the first 7 months of the campaign. As late as a few weeks before the Iowa Caucus he was calling Trump a bold outsider with fresh ideas taking on the establishment.

Cruz also signed an agreement saying he would support Trump. The reason everyone wanted the agreement was because they wanted Trump to sign in writing that he wouldn't run third party if he lost. Trump won instead. You can't morally break contracts when things don't go your way. It reminds of people who want to rip up the Iran Deal. If an agreement is made you kind of have to stick to it.

He did this purely as a political calculation. He's smart. It was a good move. It just wasn't principled.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump did what these fanciful, incompetent buffoons could have never dreamed of.

He knocked off three formidable neocon challengers with practically no organization and is pressing on the 4th in the big contest. All the while, taking on the corrupt 4th estate and the various global puppet governments that swear allegiance to the mighty Anglo-American establishment. I would say it's been a pretty good year and then some.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-21-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast