Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Republicans See a White Convention, Heavy on Lectures

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Interns are usually college students- sure they are young.
    So the party isn't just a bunch of old white guys?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is the party all interns?

http://www.people-press.org/2015/04/...y-affiliation/

Race and ethnicity. Republicans hold a 49%-40% lead over the Democrats in leaned party identification among whites. The GOP’s advantage widens to 21 points among white men who have not completed college (54%-33%) and white southerners (55%-34%). The Democrats hold an 80%-11% advantage among blacks, lead by close to three-to-one among Asian Americans (65%-23%) and by more than two-to-one among Hispanics (56%-26%).

Gender. Women lean Democratic by 52%-36%; men are evenly divided (44% identify as Democrats or lean Democratic; 43% affiliate with or lean toward the GOP). Gender differences are evident in nearly all subgroups: For instance, Republicans lead among married men (51%-38%), while married women are evenly divided (44% Republican, 44% Democratic). Democrats hold a substantial advantage among all unmarried adults, but their lead in leaned partisan identification is greater among unmarried women (57%-29%) than among unmarried men (51%-34%).

Education. Democrats lead by 22 points (57%-35%) in leaned party identification among adults with post-graduate degrees. The Democrats’ edge is narrower among those with college degrees or some post-graduate experience (49%-42%), and those with less education (47%-39%). Across all educational categories, women are more likely than men to affiliate with the Democratic Party or lean Democratic. The Democrats’ advantage is 35 points (64%-29%) among women with post-graduate degrees, but only eight points (50%-42%) among post-grad men.

Generations. Millennials continue to be the most Democratic age cohort; 51% identify as Democrats or lean Democratic, compared with 35% who identify with the GOP or lean Republican. There are only slight differences in partisan affiliation between older and younger millennials. Republicans have a four-point lead among the Silent Generation (47%-43%), the most Republican age cohort.

Religion. Republicans lead in leaned party identification by 48 points among Mormons and 46 points among white evangelical Protestants. Younger white evangelicals (those under age 35) are about as likely older white evangelicals to identify as Republicans or lean Republican. Adults who have no religious affiliation lean Democratic by a wide margins (36 points). Jews lean Democratic by roughly two-to-one (61% to 31%). The balance of leaned partisan affiliation among white Catholics and white mainline Protestants closely resembles that of all whites.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-20-2016 at 02:02 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't watch the convention because I had better things to do, but I think this has more to do with people saying stuff like all lives matter. This isn't what a Rand Paul convention would look like. I understand having the duck commando on and whoever else that is a republican icon, so it is going to get republican votes, but I don't think that saying all lives matter is going to help the perception of the republican party. In fact it probably just re-inforces those notions, its like they learned nothing from 2008.

What adult with an IQ in the positive integers reads the NYT?

Seriously now.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    What adult with an IQ in the positive integers reads the NYT?

Seriously now.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Who was the last quality President that was supported by Black Americans?
    Calvin Coolidge and JFK.

Ironically, these are the same answer as the last quality President that was supported by White Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    “Your daughtercard is missing it's processor?”

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    “Your daughtercard is missing it's processor?”
    Is this better?

Or this:

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

According to the old law, he is black. "Black" people, being mostly dumber than a pile of chihuahua poo, along with the so-called "liberals", are playing this very game by calling Obama "black". These people are so impossibly stupid, that in their minds if I got a blood transfusion from a black person, they would probably consider me to then be black as well.

You can't make this crap up. How does 50% black, 50% white result automatically in a black child? How is it that people can be this stupid and manage to get through even one day without assistance just so they don't expire from $#@! like not knowing how to breathe? This mystery perplexes me to no end.

That so many people fall for all the bull$#@! narratives floating about in the aether is just so very depressing. If only we could engineer a plague to kill off all the stoopid people and leave the smart. 1/2
    I think the most important point is do you identify yourself as black? Just like HB identifying "himself" as a woman when "he" uses the female restroom.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think the most important point is do you identify yourself as black? Just like HB identifying "himself" as a woman when "he" uses the female restroom.
    Well, there IS my inner Negro. Does that count?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, there IS my inner Negro. Does that count?
    Yes.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

///
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    What does one have to do with the other? Did I say they should become a leftist? You chose to neg rep listening to the viewpoint and internalize it personally? You have the problem by making the issue divisive by pointing fingers and crying about the other half of the one party option this year. Used to be this forum was about educating and working towards liberty goals. It wasn't about protecting the feelings of those working towards furthering the goals of candidates not supported by RPFs. So yeah, from your reputation lately wrt use of reps, fawning would apply imo when complaining about this article's commentary.
    You created two threads today about race and the convention. You aren't original. Every white leftist in California has posted on social media "Eww, there's too many white people at the convention". Is that supposed to initiate an intelligent debate? Bring everyone together?

And even from your article, the people they talk about are Giuliani and two black speakers. Is that what creates a "white convention"? Giuliani certainly does not speak for all "white" people, and I assume that the black speakers at the convention speak for themselves too.

Oh, and what is this "reputation lately wrt use of reps" innuendo? I rarely use the rep system. You're just special today, as you started two race threads that come on the heels of every leftist in California making some comment about "white people" at the convention.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The headline in itself is racist and the dialogue in that article is in itself is racist. Yet they do not see that as a problem and wonder why there is a problem with race relations. Let's phrase it the other way around so we can see the hypocrisy, "In the Bahamas whites only see black people and feel left out".

They make up 13.2% of the population and are disproportionately represented in politics, media and entertainment. They won't be happy until every politician is black, everything is black and everything is about being black all the time. From their incessant whining that permeates every facet over our culture no doubt even in that case they still would not be happy.
    Last edited by kahless; 07-20-2016 at 04:03 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The headline in itself is racist and the dialogue in that article is in itself is racist. Yet they do not see that as a problem and wonder why there is a problem with race relations. Let's phrase it the other way around so we can see the hypocrisy, "In the Bahamas whites only see black people and feel left out".

They make up 13.2% of the population and are disproportionately represented in politics, media and entertainment. They won't be happy until every politician is black, everything is black and everything is about being black all the time. From their incessant whining that permeates every facet over out culture no doubt even in that case they still would not be happy.
    Well, that's what happens when you keep lying to the toddler up through adulthood. 'White' people are generally far too busy and stressed to have a vendetta against black people.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-20-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Who was the last quality President that was supported by Black Americans?
    Calvin Coolidge, one of the best.
    Stop believing stupid things

A dozen professional GOP blacks offended while Trump gets an extra 100,000 or 200,000 generic black murica democrats to vote for him in the fall.

I doubt they have more than 10 blacks on record being offended by the GOP, any more than the GOP is ordinarily offensive or heartless.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    A dozen professional GOP blacks offended while Trump gets an extra 100,000 or 200,000 generic black murica democrats to vote for him in the fall.
    I bet Trump wins even less of the black vote than Romney.
    Stop believing stupid things

The OP should go through the article and bold every time a new black person in the story denounced the GOP.

Colin Powell's not a Republican. He is very racist btw.

Sheriff Clarke is a DINO & really is a Republican and almost a troll. Steele's a RINO and cuts low bid contracts to his buddies around Maryland.

4 Blacks denounce GOP

BLACK 1:...said Mr. Hill, who supports Mr. Trump but decided to skip the convention....

BLACK 2: “Politically, it’s a smart move to make,” Mr. Connerly added, “but whether Republicans are solving the problems of the black underclass or not is another question.”

BLACK 3:“Somebody with a nice tan needs to say this: All lives matter!” declared Darryl
    Glenn, a commissioner of El Paso County, Colo., who is African-American, in a line that drew a thunderous ovation from delegates.

BLACK 4: The convention’s most prominent black speaker, Ben Carson, by contrast, suggested Tuesday night that Hillary Clinton was seeking to deceive poor blacks and other disadvantaged people.

BLACK 5:“The Republican Party has not done enough to enrich the party and create an opportunity for black members to become more involved,” said Mr. Brown, 80, who lives in the Bronx.

BLACK 6: “I would not have been part of a party if that had been their messaging all along,” she said. “That’s not a party that I would be in.”

BLACK 7: Another came when David Clarke Jr., the sheriff of Milwaukee County, declared that “blue lives matter” and argued that the Black Lives Matter movement was contributing to “a collapse of social order.”

BLACK 8: “How we talk directly about a community of people, and how we talk indirectly about a community of people, matters,” said Michael Steele, who was the first black chairman of the Republican National Committee.

BLACK 9: Telly Lovelace, the national director for African-American initiatives and urban media for the Republican National Committee, said the party’s estimates indicated that this year’s convention was more diverse than the last two.

Last edited by RandallFan; 07-20-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

They make up 13.2% of the population and are disproportionately represented in politics, media and entertainment. They won't be happy until every politician is black, everything is black and everything is about being black all the time. From their incessant whining that permeates every facet over our culture no doubt even in that case they still would not be happy.
    Racial stereotype much?

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I bet Trump wins even less of the black vote than Romney.
    He definitely won't be getting the "feral blacks".
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Racial stereotype much?
    If the shoe fits.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Enhanced Deficit tries to say blacks support Trump when they do not. But Republicans don't try to earn their support.
    why should they. everytime they try nothing comes of it. The black vote is useless. its always 90% dem and 10% pub approximately. blacks have basically thrown the power of their vote away. dems dont need to do anything in office for them because they know they can count on 90% every election and pubs dont need to pander to them because they know whatever they do 90% will still vote dem. so basically both parties ignore them

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    You created two threads today about race and the convention. You aren't original. Every white leftist in California has posted on social media "Eww, there's too many white people at the convention". Is that supposed to initiate an intelligent debate? Bring everyone together?

And even from your article, the people they talk about are Giuliani and two black speakers. Is that what creates a "white convention"? Giuliani certainly does not speak for all "white" people, and I assume that the black speakers at the convention speak for themselves too.

Oh, and what is this "reputation lately wrt use of reps" innuendo? I rarely use the rep system. You're just special today, as you started two race threads that come on the heels of every leftist in California making some comment about "white people" at the convention.
    Trump made his candidacy about race and division, he came out from the beginning swinging with it, and Republicans are trying to have their cake with their current base while denying what their candidate is doing. The other thread was on hypocrisy and Ryan's pathetic use of look over there at how bad the other candidate is while he supports the candidate who is equally horrible. YOU aren't original parroting Ryan's act of whingeing about liberals being divisive and trying to stifle discussion by redirecting as if the only alternative option must be to support the other liberal.

Article also talked about the sheriff with his blue lives matter routine and the rousing applause for another officer who won't be prosecuted for Freddie Gray. A white convention is 18 of over 2000 delegates are black, and yet how much time is being spent chastising this specific portion of society for BLM because clearly unity is found by making sure all of society understands they lick the boot of the law in the law and order society.

And there was no innuendo. I wasn't being vague. You have developed a reputation. I never claimed to be special. So your intelligent enough to grasp that every leftist is making some comment about the issue. Perhaps you can grasp that since the topic is trending it might be worthy of not sticking one's head in the sand and ferreting out how real liberty ideas can be seeded in those who are disenfranchised by the non-choice one party system?
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post

I doubt they have more than 10 blacks on record being offended by the GOP, any more than the GOP is ordinarily offensive or heartless.
    CLEVELAND — Donald Trump’s campaign has tried to use this week’s Republican National Convention to court African Americans by arguing that President Obama has failed them on jobs and crime. But when the GOP presidential nominee delivers his acceptance speech here Thursday, he will address an estimated 18 blacks out of 2,472 delegates.

Although that handful includes some of Trump’s most vociferous backers, the overall lack of ethnic diversity at the convention illustrates one of his greatest challenges: how to court black voters after four decades of controversy over his racial views, including campaign-trail rhetoric that has alienated many minorities.

Twelve years ago, the GOP seemed on its way toward broadening its base, boasting 167 black delegates at its convention. That year, President George W. Bush drew 16 percent of the black vote here in Ohio, unusually high for a Republican, to help secure his reelection, as well as 11 percent nationally, and party leaders had hoped to increase minority engagement in 2016.

But as Trump heads to the general election, a Washington Post-ABC News poll found Democrat Hillary Clinton leading Trump among blacks by 89 percent to 4 percent, and a recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist poll said Trump has zero support among African Americans in Ohio.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...583_story.html

These voters have changed sides. What has the liberty movement done to try and reach out to them?
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldwater's ghost View Post
    why should they. everytime they try nothing comes of it. The black vote is useless. its always 90% dem and 10% pub approximately. blacks have basically thrown the power of their vote away. dems dont need to do anything in office for them because they know they can count on 90% every election and pubs dont need to pander to them because they know whatever they do 90% will still vote dem. so basically both parties ignore them
    As long as you don't mind finishing second place- sure ignore potential supporters. That does not just apply to blacks too.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Nothing makes my day more bright than waking up white... I feel like the GOP should at least try and market towards the asians. They are closer in values and skin tone.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Nothing makes my day more bright than waking up white... I feel like the GOP should at least try and market towards the asians. They are closer in values and skin tone.
    Because you are a liberal who hates whitey.

Edit: to reply to op minorities not joining the Republican party only have them selves to blame. Republicans are not racist and don't focus on race. Every time a minority shows up they are welcomed. White's split more evenly when they vote. If anything this further proves Republicans are better.
    Last edited by silverhandorder; 07-21-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast