Thread: Police officer hospitalized after glass found in sandwich

Police officer hospitalized after glass found in sandwich

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/don...76377855-story

FOX 32 CHICAGO) - A Columbus, Ohio police officer was hospitalized after cutting his mouth on a sandwich that contained several shards of glass while eating at a restaurant Monday, multiple outlets are reporting.

The cop was held overnight at Grant Medical Center and is expected to be OK, according to FOX 28 Columbus.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Nickel ride?

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Now, there are these crazy guys that chew up light bulbs and swallow them. What happens to that glass?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

THat's messed up. Hope they jack the restaurant that did that.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Now, there are these crazy guys that chew up light bulbs and swallow them. What happens to that glass?
    Generally speaking glass appears to be less dangerous for your intestines than you'd expect on face value. It's still not a smart idea to eat glass but I invite you to google it for yourself.
    "I am a bird"

The Lincoln Cafe

Their Facebook page is starting to load up...

https://www.facebook.com/zanzibarbrewscoffeehouse

131 one star reviews on Facebook right now
    The reviews that count are the Yelps and Tripadvisors.

It's been shut down (immediately).
    It's a felony; food tampering.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-19-2016 at 11:57 AM.

He should sue the ever lovin' hell out of the restaurant.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If this was not an accident little do they realize the ramifications go far beyond what they did to the police officer. White people will start to think twice about eating in establishments with black employees out of fear. Restaurant owners may fear hiring blacks out of fear they could put their business at risk.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Maybe they just cooked the sandwich at too high a temperature and the sand part turned into glass. Let's not jump to conclusions.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

It's getting out of control. I'm afraid that times are now spiraling into chaos at a rapid rate. I don't like cops any more than the next guy but recent actions against them are turning my stomach. I don't actually believe that police are the real actual problem. They are a symptom of the problem, but are largely our brothers.

With the presidential election coming up, I think that it is only a matter of time before there is a major terrorist attack here.
    No - No - No - No

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    It's getting out of control. I'm afraid that times are now spiraling into chaos at a rapid rate. I don't like cops any more than the next guy but recent actions against them are turning my stomach. I don't actually believe that police are the real actual problem. They are a symptom of the problem, but are largely our brothers.

With the presidential election coming up, I think that it is only a matter of time before there is a major terrorist attack here.
    The police choose their profession. No one forced them to accept the badge. No one forced them to stay after they witnessed a couple of nickel rides. Concerns me not, except the divide is between black and stupid whites...should be between blue and not blue.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He should sue the ever lovin' hell out of the restaurant.
    If it came from there and not from their vendor. or if it came from somewhere else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-inflicted_wound
    A self-inflicted wound (SIW), is the act of harming oneself where there are no underlying psychological problems related to the self-injury, but where the injurer wanted to take advantage of being injured.
    It should be investigated.

Maybe he just wanted out without getting shot.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Government afraid of you. It works.

It isn't pretty or fool proof, but it works on the ones with brains and some sort of conscience left to work with.

Our ex-officer son, lethally equipped, and backed by the whole police force and his union, got afraid of the public, when he realized glass in his sandwiches was a real possibility for the way he was being encouraged to act.

Our son never did see glass in a sandwich, or any threat from the public -he simply felt it.
    And he didn't go unloading his cop-gun into the public for fear of his life, or beg for more public help, or be a drama queen for the cause, he simply quit.

His classmates ignored their feelings and consciences, and assimilated. Potential glass sandwiches, heading their way.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I don't actually believe that police are the real actual problem. They are a symptom of the problem, but are largely our brothers.
    I used to agree with you until I repeatedly saw how they covered up for each other and refused to kick the bad apples out. I'm left to believe that they are all bad apples.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 07-19-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Government afraid of you. It works.

It isn't pretty or fool proof, but it works on the ones with brains and some sort of conscience left to work with.

Our ex-officer son, lethally equipped, and backed by the whole police force and his union, got afraid of the public, when he realized glass in his sandwiches was a real possibility for the way he was being encouraged to act.

Our son never did see glass in a sandwich, or any threat from the public -he simply felt it.
    And he didn't go unloading his cop-gun into the public for fear of his life, or beg for more public help, or be a drama queen for the cause, he simply quit.

His classmates ignored their feelings and consciences, and assimilated. Potential glass sandwiches, heading their way.
    Glad to hear your misguided son finally saw the light. There SHOULD be fear of retribution in a system that glorifies and protects the wrong doing of others. I hope others follow his lead.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Glad to hear your misguided son finally saw the light. There SHOULD be fear of retribution in a system that glorifies and protects the wrong doing of others. I hope others follow his lead.
    Thank you for your concern. Yes, we were so relieved too, and more and more thankful with every "cop story" that we hear. There will be more.

Our son is in contact with some members of his graduating police class, so we're hopeful he'll have a positive influence down the line if others start getting a clue to what they are actually perpetuating against their community. We know some of the families of the officers as well, and we're not afraid to ask questions and get the conversations going if or when we see them.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

The Glass baker just stole money from the owner of the business. Hopefully he gets swat teamed with glass in his hand next time. Maybe the owner will have to investigate and set a trap.

I hope its not another case of a horrible employee being treated differently like Omar Thornton or Omar Mateen had the demographics of the employee been different.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 07-19-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.