Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Is Just 7 Votes Away From Auditing the Fed

Sen. Rand Paul Is Just 7 Votes Away From Auditing the Fed

The Audit the Fed bill never seems to be able to pass the U.S. Senate with the latest attempt failing to pass when Sen. Rand Paul re-introduced the bill in January. However, he seems pretty close. “In January, I did get a vote and we got a majority, 53 senators voted for it …but as you know, in the Senate, a lot of the times it takes 60,” he told Kitco News at Freedom Fest in Las Vegas. “So, we’re about 7 votes short of actually getting it passed.” The bill was first introduced by Sen. Paul’s father, former congressman Ron Paul, who also failed to get the bill passed by the Senate. According to Sen. Paul, there’s one key ingredient missing to get this bill passed: Bernie Sanders. “Part of what we need in the Senate is I’ve got to get more Democrats on board. I’ve asked Bernie Sanders for years to help me with it,” he said. “I have to convince him to co-sponsor [the bill] and if he would go out and get 5-6 Democrats, we might be able to get across the finish line.”
    video at link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgYVCApWEiI
    Last edited by jct74; 08-05-2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: add tube
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's right about the value of Sanders' help there. That's possible to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    He's right about the value of Sanders' help there. That's possible to pull off.
    Didnt Ron blame Sanders for killing it in the Senate?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Didnt Ron blame Sanders for killing it in the Senate?
    Mm hm. Yep. I think we're on a different playing field now, though. I could be wrong. It's just what I think.

You know how I am with these audit bills anyway. I don't think they go far enough as far as a legit audit. Heck, at this point, though, I'll take what I can get. I think he has a chance with Sanders now. He's going to need to remain relevant. And he can't rely in his base. Will see, though.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-18-2016 at 11:10 PM.

100,ooo thanx, L.E! this makes my day!

Sanders will sellout as he does.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Maybe, but hopefully he is done selling out now that he has no chance at the Presidency.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He voted for Senator Paul's Audit the Fed bill earlier this year. Conservative champion Ted Cruz though, didn't bother to show up to vote.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Mm hm. Yep. I think we're on a different playing field now, though. I could be wrong. It's just what I think.

You know how I am with these audit bills anyway. I don't think they go far enough as far as a legit audit. Heck, at this point, though, I'll take what I can get. I think he has a chance with Sanders now. He's going to need to remain relevant. And he can't rely in his base. Will see, though.
    The bill wants to audit their meetings and deliberations, not their accounts which are already audited.

Sanders may be in a different zone now, as coming out of the primaries he is seen as the titular head of the ascending progressive wing of the Democratic party. He did vote to audit the Fed earlier this year, and he didn't sell out completely to Hillary (he did not turnover his donor or mailing lists to her), and knows he will have more influence over the party if/when she loses in November. That may give him the leverage to go forward in supporting the bill to the end this year.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The bill wants to audit their meetings and deliberations, not their accounts which are already audited.
    Um... Come on, ZippyFed...

You know there are things that are excluded from the accounts being audited. Transactions with foreign governments or banks, for example. But the whole point of these bills is to audit the policy-making decisions. I know this type of oversight gives you heartburn, but it is necessary. I'd even be open to a time delay, but there needs to be greater transparency to how our monetary policy is being set since it affects each one of us. If you don't like the transparency or think it would become too political, then there's always the other option... END THE FED!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

And also the FOMC
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Yes- their deliberations.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Maybe, but hopefully he is done selling out now that he has no chance at the Presidency.
    ???
    wow
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Yes- their deliberations.
    It really would be interesting to see if there were really many Zippy's,, or if you are evolving.

others have
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    ???
    wow
    You have that high regard for Sanders?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You have that high regard for Sanders?
    No
    You were the one that posted that he was "selling out".

pied piper was more suitable
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom