Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: History repeats itself: 2016 RNC repeats shenanigans of 2012

Thumbs down History repeats itself: 2016 RNC repeats shenanigans of 2012

In case you were unaware, the RNC disenfranchised about half of their delegates by cheating and refusing to take a simple recorded vote on the rules. Several state delegations just got up and walked out. They did the same thing to us in 2012.

The GOP leadership just handed the election to Hillary by splitting the Party.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/18/politi...les-committee/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump fundraiser resigns in anger after floor eruption

CLEVELAND — A top donor raising money for Donald Trump and the Republican National Committee says he has resigned in disgust after the party muscled through a vote on the convention floor that squashed the “Free the Delegates” movement.

Gary Emineth, the former North Dakota GOP chairman who joined the Trump-RNC joint finance committee earlier month, says he was disgusted by the floor vote and immediately texted his resignation to Priebus.

Emineth says he's furious the campaign and RNC worked in tandem to keep delegates from voting their conscience.

“I was on the Trump finance committee and I just resigned because that bully tactic is absurd,” Emineth said. “I just texted them right now. Why can’t the people be heard? I’ve been texting Reince for 10 minutes. He said we didn’t have the votes. We had 10, 11 states. They peeled people back. They were calling delegations asking people to step off the committee. You don’t do this in America. You do this in other countries.”

Insurgent delegates looking to get a vote on the floor of the Republican National Convention for a measure that would free delegates from the primary and caucus results and allow them to vote their “conscience” was denied after the members of the RNC refused to allow them to be heard on the convention floor.

The delegates said they surpassed the threshold of a majority of delegates in seven states to join their efforts, saying they turned in enough signatures for 11 states.

But the RNC says they only turned in enough signatures for nine, and that delegates from three states rescinded their signatures, moving them below the seven-state threshold.

The “Free the Delegates” movement says the RNC won’t tell them which states left the movement. They believe the delegates were bullied into submission.

“If that’s how they’re doing the Republican Party, they can have it,” Emineth said, before calling on Priebus to resign.

"It's a joke," Emineth said.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...floor-eruption
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    In case you were unaware, the RNC disenfranchised about half of their delegates by cheating and refusing to take a simple recorded vote on the rules. Several state delegations just got up and walked out. They did the same thing to us in 2012.

Hillary had this thing won way back when Trump started gaining in the polls.

This is all just theater.

Nothing new here, more of the same $#@! show. Every election I conservatively hedge some hope on the truth getting through and every election I am disappointed and disgusted in process and results. I no longer believe us capable of pulling out of this nose dive, brace for impact.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies."

So delegates should be free to go against what the voters in their state asked them to?

People will fuss and make a din but in the end, Republicans will support Trump if for no other reason than they hate Hillary more. All show and games going on now. It will be forgotten in a week or two.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-18-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Trump might lose, but it won't be because a bunch of delegates threw a tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So delegates should be free to go against what the voters in their state asked them to?

People will fuss and make a din but in the end, Republicans will support Trump if for no other reason than they hate Hillary more. All show and games going on now. It will be forgotten in a week or two.
    Should congressman be free to go against what the voters in their state asked them to?

Why have delegates and a convention at all? Just have primaries choose the candidate by popular vote, let the government assume control of the republican and democrat parties. No need for the presidential electoral college either, just streamline into the purist democracy possible so the mob, I mean majority can have its way.

Why choose delegates if they are going to do whatever they want? Why not just have a group of elites choose the candidates and the President?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why choose delegates if they are going to do whatever they want? Why not just have a group of elites choose the candidates and the President?
    Exactly, we need the people to watch the MSM and report directly to their primary and select the candidate directly through democracy. The will of the people the founding fathers wanted us to follow.

The difference is, the dissenting delegations represent the GOP establishment at this convention.

And yes,..Ted Cruz' buddy Mike Lee is part of it.

The answer is in the rest of the rules package they were protesting, the parts that don't have anything to do with Trump or unbinding delegates.

This will have a more pronounced effect on the election than it did in 2012. If these people don't pull the lever for Trump, he still could win, but if they aren't out there phone banking and door knocking, Trump has no chance.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    The difference is, the dissenting delegations represent the GOP establishment at this convention.
    Go tell that to Jeremy Blosser and see what he says to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Go tell that to Jeremy Blosser and see what he says to you.
    So who does Jeremy Blosser support for the GOP nomination?

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Exactly, we need the people to watch the MSM and report directly to their primary and select the candidate directly through democracy. The will of the people the founding fathers wanted us to follow.
    Uh, many of the founding fathers warned against political parties. And zippy is correct on this one. The delegates were elected to represent the peoples' vote. Their personal "opinions" would only come into play if the candidate didn't get enough votes on the first round.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Ah... little Billy Kristol is being interviewed on CSPAN right now. He is disappointed that Trump will be the Republican nominee. He did say however, that if Bill Weld was the presidential candidate instead of Johnson, he'd strongly support that ticket. Globalists gotta stick together, ya know. lol
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who represents the millions and millions of people who voted for someone other than Trump?

The "party" was already split. But, yes, they should have allowed a vote. Absolutely.
    ================

Who represents the millions and millions of people who voted for someone other than Trump?

In most primaries, the other candidates drop out far before they did in this election. What happens when they do, is that people start supporting their 2nd choice, etc. For example, me; I supported Rand until he dropped out. Then I went to Trump. So, your comparison is rather skewed, shall we say.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    So who does Jeremy Blosser support for the GOP nomination?
    Again, you don't fully understand why they were revolting.

Again, you don't fully understand why they were revolting.
    I suspect it was because their magic rock told them to.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2802019-1...more-documents

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    I think it is important to remember that this is a political party we are talking about here. You can't just follow logic because they may have set up illogical rules... like listening to the masses instead of the individuals who run the party (this is done I think to draw people into the two party system, as our comrade from New Zealand has pointed out).... And neither can we expect that the party rules will follow constitutional principles of the founders.

For the record, I don't agree with unbinding all the delegates. I do think a nominee should win by taking a mixture of primary and caucus states, no one should be able to get a majority on bound delegates alone, and a presumptive nominee should be able to withstand a floor vote without strongarm tactics + aligning with the people they claim to be against.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shouldn't this be in Danke's Official RNC thread?

I agree that primaries should all be partisan, but the Cruzers aren't the vessel, when they spent months promising to rob Trump.

Trump would have eventually won the primary, anyway, if it were only partisan because he was only getting 5 or 10% dems to turnout into GOP primaries.

A partisan Republican like Cruz or Rand or Lee or someone is way better future prospect than Kasich or someone else.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

I want to know, what did the telepromoter say? Was it another obvious ayes have it or did they at least learn their lesson not to script it so blatantly?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Why did Rand Paul taunt Chris McDaniel's supporters when Lyin' Thad, got a bunch of liberal African-Americans to vote for him?

That was a time to unite the partisan primary voters. Trump/Ron supported McDaniel & Rand supported Thad
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    I want to know, what did the telepromoter say? Was it another obvious ayes have it or did they at least learn their lesson not to script it so blatantly?
    It was more like the 2012 DNC, where they kept doing voice votes until it went their way.

That's what they do now. The rest is a giant show.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast