Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Eggs Are NOT Healthy

Why Eggs Are NOT Healthy

Things the video points out:

- Pro-egg studies are funded by the Egg Industry

- Multiple poor study designs, such as used participants already with high cholesterol that can't be raised much higher (see here how pro-saturated fat studies manipulated their studies too.)

- Debunks a Kris Gunnar's pro-egg article.

- Shows how even egg whites are unhealthy.

- Shows the horrible cruelty that goes on in the egg industry.

Be sure to debate the message, not the messengers!
    Last edited by farreri; 07-17-2016 at 06:52 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why this is Bull$#@!. An egg is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Its a complete cell and has everything we need to build other cells. Until they are radiated because of government regulation. No question.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Yes, of course. One of the reasons eggs aren't healthy is that chickens are sometimes treated poorly. That makes absolute sense.

Yeah no. Eggs are delicious and fall into the "do no harm" category for me.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I listen to my body and eggs have become my staple. My body can taste the nutrition in them and I don't get the sugar crashes I get from grains or beans. I raise free range chickens.

When they start going out of their way to make eggs taste like tofu, tempeh or some of that other man made monstrosity, I might take the video seriously.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Get all my eggs from friends chicken coups, no more than 12 chickens and all pastured. Love eggs. They are good hot or cook and cooled. I've even eaten them raw. No problems. I eat a dozen a week, more or less. At 51 there is nothing wrong with blood/cholesterol/ etc. As fit on the insides as a body could be. I like eggs scrambled w/ cheese, fried for "dipping" toast, bread or biscuits in, "sopping it up" for the win," I like them pickled and love them hard boiled with paprika, in omelets and "Mexican" skillets. I love eggs when I have "Breakfast for dinner."
    Someone is feeding the OP a line of bull$#@!. Eggs are eggcellent!

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Healthy Eggs are a Superfood.

The smaller "orange" -er one. And the shell is gonna be harder to break.

Didn't even look it up. Do I win a egg batter cake?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To the person who gave me a + rep, did you watch the video in post 3? The title might make some people think it's pro-eggs. It's not.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Oh, please. Eggs are great. Enough of this crap. We already have an egg thread, post this bull$#@! there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I'd likely try to shut down the FDA if I were President.

A far as eggs themselves go, some are certainly healthier than others. Depends on what chickens they came from as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-17-2016 at 08:06 PM.

I pity the fool who takes this anti-egg propaganda and misinformation srsly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

chixsploitation

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    chixsploitation
    I'm cooking up chixploitations...
    Bubble-ey good chixtations...

Good, good, good chixploitations.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    LOL The USDA is a $#@!ing joke. They also think you can't claim water helps dehydration. I hope no RPFer is planning on using USDA claims to make an argument on either side of this debate. I would be of disappoint.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

People who are allergic to eggs can have yolk, but not the albumen. Read those labels.

Thankfully, I am now able to add eggs to my diet, as long as I don't eat them all day every day. Yum.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    LOL The USDA is a $#@!ing joke. They also think you can't claim water helps dehydration. I hope no RPFer is planning on using USDA claims to make an argument on either side of this debate. I would be of disappoint.
    It's not about the USDA, there are numerous studies that show that eggs are not as "healthy and nutritious" as we've been sold by the egg industry, and are linked to higher rates of cancer and heart disease. In this case they just can no longer lie about it.

― Henry David Thoreau

Good grief!

I should be long since dead!

My mother too......

Granny passed at 98.

How old are these people posting opinions?

There's an old saying about there being lots more old drunks than old doctors or some such.......It might could apply here with a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Good grief!

I should be long since dead!

My mother too......

Granny passed at 98.

How old are these people posting opinions?

There's an old saying about there being lots more old drunks than old doctors or some such.......It might could apply here with a twist.
    my gramps just celebrated his 101st bday. Always had chickens, it was his coops I had to clean when I was a wee one. He still eats eggs nearly every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    It's not about the USDA, there are numerous studies that show that eggs are not as "healthy and nutritious" as we've been sold by the egg industry, and are linked to higher rates of cancer and heart disease. In this case they just can no longer lie about it.
    And there are studies to the contrary. The correlation to cancer/heart disease are extremely weak, and we can make just as valid a correlation with refined foods of all kinds. Pretty much all studies about diet are bull$#@! because they don't take you in particular into account. If you want sane diet advice, talk to a real nutritionist(that isn't beholden to big agra, big pharma, etc) who can talk with you about your body.

ETA: remember, science can't even sufficiently prove water fixes dehydration-hence, water companies can't make such a claim on labels. Consider the source.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 07-17-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Oh, please. Eggs are great. Enough of this crap. We already have an egg thread, post this bull$#@! there.
    Eggzactly!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Eggzactly!
    Next time I go wring a chickens neck, I'm gonna make a video and post it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Next time I go wring a chickens neck, I'm gonna make a video and post it here.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
    Why this is Bull$#@!. An egg is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Its a complete cell and has everything we need to build other cells. Until they are radiated because of government regulation. No question.
    Is this a joking remark like you're trying to be the hillbilly redneck guy at 25 seconds into the video?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Yes, of course. One of the reasons eggs aren't healthy is that chickens are sometimes treated poorly. That makes absolute sense. Yeah no. Eggs are delicious and fall into the "do no harm" category for me.
    But they do do harm:

- Pro-egg studies are funded by the Egg Industry

- Multiple poor study designs, such as used participants already with high cholesterol that can't be raised much higher (see here how pro-saturated fat studies manipulated their studies too.)

- Debunks a Kris Gunnar's pro-egg article.

- Shows how even egg whites are unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I listen to my body and eggs have become my staple. My body can taste the nutrition in them

and I don't get the sugar crashes I get from grains or beans.
    I eat grains and beans, but I don't get sugar crashes from them, unless I don't eat enough grains or beans.

I raise free range chickens.
    Doesn't take away the high amounts of cholesterol and saturated fat in them.

When they start going out of their way to make eggs taste like tofu, tempeh or some of that other man made monstrosity, I might take the video seriously.
    What about monstrosities like Spam, or bologna?

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Healthy Eggs are a Superfood.
    What's a superfood?

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    Speak for yourself.

What about monstrosities like Spam, or bologna?
    I don't eat those other things either.

As for your other issues, other posters have addressed those already.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    At 51 there is nothing wrong with blood/cholesterol/ etc.
    Good science doesn't produce studies by picking out people here or there who buck the trend. There's always going to be people here and there who have good genes or good luck.

Sorry my thread made you butthurt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast