View Poll Results: Can we communicate with the deceased?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 21.43%
  • No

9 64.29%
  • I don't know

2 14.29%

Thread: Can we communicate with the dead?

Can we communicate with the dead?

Just another poll to divide us.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Only if you can manage to locate and broadcast on the correct frequencies, (and know the passwords).

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Just another poll to divide us.
    I voted
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

yes I'm a firm believer in channelling / psychic senses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediumship#Channeling

• Clairvoyance or "clear seeing", is the ability to see anything that is not physically present, such as objects, animals or people. This sight occurs "in the mind's eye". Some mediums say that this is their normal vision state. Others say that they must train their minds with such practices as meditation in order to achieve this ability, and that assistance from spiritual helpers is often necessary. Some clairvoyant mediums can see a spirit as though the spirit has a physical body. They see the bodily form as if it were physically present. Other mediums see the spirit in their mind's eye, or it appears as a movie or a television programme or a still picture like a photograph in their mind.
    • Clairaudience or "clear hearing", is usually defined as the ability to hear the voices or thoughts of spirits. Some mediums hear as though they are listening to a person talking to them on the outside of their head, as though the Spirit is next to or near to the medium, and other mediums hear the voices in their minds as a verbal thought.
    • Clairsentience or "clear sensing", is the ability to have an impression of what a spirit wants to communicate, or to feel sensations instilled by a spirit.
    • Clairsentinence or "clear feeling" is a condition in which the medium takes on the ailments of a spirit, feeling the same physical problem which the spirit person had before death.
    • Clairalience or "clear smelling" is the ability to smell a spirit. For example, a medium may smell the pipe tobacco of a person who smoked during life.
    • Clairgustance or "clear tasting" is the ability to receive taste impressions from a spirit.
    • Claircognizance or "clear knowing", is the ability to know something without receiving it through normal or psychic senses. It is a feeling of "just knowing". Often, a medium will claim to have the feeling that a message or situation is "right" or "wrong."

Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon is a great primer

communicating with the dead is no different in practice than the notion of WWJD?

I like to channel spirits into structures I design before I build them; a spiral staircase for example. A simple mental exercise; imagine two deceased people you personally knew... and they meet in the middle of some location; a spiral staircase you're about to build.... what do they each think? what if they were coming from opposite directions? Mysticism doesn't need to be so mystical.
    Last edited by presence; 07-17-2016 at 12:32 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    yes I'm a firm believer in channelling / psychic senses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediumship#Channeling

• Clairvoyance or "clear seeing", is the ability to see anything that is not physically present, such as objects, animals or people. This sight occurs "in the mind's eye". Some mediums say that this is their normal vision state. Others say that they must train their minds with such practices as meditation in order to achieve this ability, and that assistance from spiritual helpers is often necessary. Some clairvoyant mediums can see a spirit as though the spirit has a physical body. They see the bodily form as if it were physically present. Other mediums see the spirit in their mind's eye, or it appears as a movie or a television programme or a still picture like a photograph in their mind.
    • Clairaudience or "clear hearing", is usually defined as the ability to hear the voices or thoughts of spirits. Some mediums hear as though they are listening to a person talking to them on the outside of their head, as though the Spirit is next to or near to the medium, and other mediums hear the voices in their minds as a verbal thought.
    • Clairsentience or "clear sensing", is the ability to have an impression of what a spirit wants to communicate, or to feel sensations instilled by a spirit.
    • Clairsentinence or "clear feeling" is a condition in which the medium takes on the ailments of a spirit, feeling the same physical problem which the spirit person had before death.
    • Clairalience or "clear smelling" is the ability to smell a spirit. For example, a medium may smell the pipe tobacco of a person who smoked during life.
    • Clairgustance or "clear tasting" is the ability to receive taste impressions from a spirit.
    • Claircognizance or "clear knowing", is the ability to know something without receiving it through normal or psychic senses. It is a feeling of "just knowing". Often, a medium will claim to have the feeling that a message or situation is "right" or "wrong."

Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon is a great primer

communicating with the dead is no different in practice than the notion of WWJD?

I like to channel spirits into structures I design before I build them; a spiral staircase for example. A simple mental exercise; imagine two deceased people you personally knew... and they meet in the middle of some location; a spiral staircase you're about to build.... what do they each think? what if they were coming from opposite directions? Mysticism doesn't need to be so mystical.
    FWIW, I always kinda figured that 'WWJD' was just more of a 'what if' theoretical construct and suggested behavior guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    FWIW, I always kinda figured that 'WWJD' was just more of a 'what if' theoretical construct and suggested behavior guide.
    I find in practice the more often you tune into a "theoretical construct" the more life it takes on.

PBS NOVA- MEMORY HACKERS - New documentary (2016)
    Last edited by presence; 07-17-2016 at 01:04 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

I find in practice the more often you tune into a "theoretical construct" the more life it takes on.

PBS NOVA- MEMORY HACKERS - New documentary (2016)
    What's your take/opinion on 'remote viewing'?

Sometimes I feel like I feel my father nudging me to do something and when I do it always turns out good. He has been dead for many years. He died young. He taught me a lot about politics. We used to argue about politics a lot. He worried about the time when a black president would come into office and said the world would be in upheaval when it happened.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    What's your take/opinion on 'remote viewing'?
    I don't find the practice to be any more remarkable than the scene from rainman where he sees 243 toothpics hit the ground and counts them in the bat of any eye... 81+81+ 81; 243. I'm certainly open to the notion that some individuals have the clairvoyant aptitude to remote view far beyond my own. I don't see remote viewing any different from remembering where you left your socks in light of the fact that your dog likes to take them outside. Is it any different from being aware of a predator in the jungle because of the actions of birds in the canopy? I think there is a degree of spectrum between simple memories, photographic memories, and clairvoyant visions.

I believe that over the centuries humanity has lost a lot of knowledge and abilities, especially in the spiritual parts of our lives.

That's probably not by accident.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 07-17-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

I don't find the practice to be any more remarkable than the scene from rainman where he sees 243 toothpics hit the ground and counts them in the bat of any eye... 81+81+ 81; 243. I'm certainly open to the notion that some individuals have the clairvoyant aptitude to remote view far beyond my own. I don't see remote viewing any different from remembering where you left your socks in light of the fact that your dog likes to take them outside. Is it any different from being aware of a predator in the jungle because of the actions of birds in the canopy? I think there is a degree of spectrum between simple memories, photographic memories, and clairvoyant visions.
    Interesting, I took a few classes in something called "Alpha Awareness", back in the 70's. We had some class exercises in something I now understand to have been an earlier form of remote viewing. It was interesting and educational. I wasn't quite the star of the class, but I had a few unexplainable hits. We also did some aura readings and spirit quide work, among some other espy stuff. Booga, booga!

Who is 'we', do you have a mouse in your pocket?

no.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

I don't but I saw the ghost of my beagle, Dixie, once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I have no desire to communicate with the Departed , but I do pray for them . I am sure the Heathen Danke will pray for me when I am deceased .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    souls die. nobody is immortal except for our Creator. just say'n.