Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: **The Official** Republican Convention thread

Ugh. I wish they hadn't had Joni Ernst. Can't stand that woman. Never saw an undeclared war she didn't want to start.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I think that the teleprompter-vote was ridiculous, especially since it's not the first time.

I think the palpable disappointment from the news folks waiting for some racist/sexist/ethnist/homophobic protest clash to happen is sad.

I think the "USA! USA!" chants are really tired and pretty pointless right about now.

I think that the illusion of any significant number of people on the floor voting contrary to what's already been decided is laughable.

I also think you're not very good at reading. I made a comment --- from a healthcare perspective, btw --- about someone who was being yanked up out of their seat by an injured arm, and then had that arm waved around at the crowd. You took that as disrespecting an injured veteran.

And yes, I watch things I hate. These are the people jockeying for important positions in the new regime. These are those who've come to pay homage and curry favor and publicly support Trump. I will wind up watching some of the other convention as well, for similar reasons. Next SOTUS judge is probably somewhere in one audience or another, or knows someone who is. Are you aware of just how many high-level positions need or will need filling? Turning my face away from these conventions won't stop the idiocy and get a sane cadre of people elected. The people stumbling into office are the type to get misty-eyed over platitudes and half-truths and the glare of Trump or Hillary's golden aura.

Are you watching because you LIKE conventions? Or is it that you're waiting for an opportunity to make snide comments about fellow posters
    I'm watching it because I enjoy keeping track of the level of delusion that some posters on here express.

For example, many of them cheered on the delegations who were trying to scuttle the nomination of the candidate that got well over 1237 delegates in a field of 17 candidates.

It's a "will of the people" thing.

Libertarian minded people value that.

Consequently, one can watch the convention and read what's said by some people on here and it serves to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Ugh. I wish they hadn't had Joni Ernst. Can't stand that woman. Never saw an undeclared war she didn't want to start.
    On that note, the little bit I did hear of Rudy's speech managed to work in that we're "coming for" those Radical Muslim Terrorists. I wonder if all of the speakers will eventually come to a consensus on which country they want to bomb to pretend they've accomplished their goal.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 06:42 AM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gen. Michael Flynn says Trump won't apologize for American exceptionalism.

On that note, the little bit I did hear of Rudy's speech managed to work in that we're "coming for" those Radical Muslim Terrorists. I wonder if all of the speakers will eventually come to a consensus on which country they want to bomb to pretend they've accomplished their goal.
    When will these idiots that more wars and more interventions arent going to stop the terrorists?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

We have the Walter Blocks and Justin Raimondos of the world in our corner. That's good enough for me. The fact that Trump attracts a sizable chunk of libertarians proves his uniqueness on the political scene, where previously, the only choice is either a hardcore progressive or religious based neocon.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-18-2016 at 09:52 PM.

B4Liberty
    ‏@USAB4L

#28Pages tells us Saudis funded 9/11 hijackers, they also fund Hillary, yet at #RNCinCLE, Giuliani & Flynn tell us it's all Iran? Hmm.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/755241191025672193
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I'm watching it because I enjoy keeping track of the level of delusion that some posters on here express.

For example, many of them cheered on the delegations who were trying to scuttle the nomination of the candidate that got well over 1237 delegates in a field of 17 candidates.

Consequently, one can watch the convention and read what's said by some people on here and it serves to separate the wheat from the chaff.
    If Trump and the GOP elites were truly interested in the will of the people, they would have had a floor vote on adopting the rules.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Holy talking points, Batman.

The "field of 17" included people who were out of it in very short order... even before the first votes were cast. That "field of 17" label is ridiculously dishonest and unnecessary, but it pops up everywhere. He got primary votes in a field of twelve, which dwindled very rapidly after the first few states. That's a hell of an accomplishment but it had to be inflated by 5 for people to find it even more remarkable, I guess.

People cheering a push to scuttle Trump's nomination would not have wound up with a better candidate even if that had succeeded; I don't think a lot of people supported that. Of course, at least letting the votes on processes be heard and counted appropriately would have been nice. It would also be great if light were shone on the issue AND people cared. I don't hold out hope for either thing, and both happening at once is astronomically unlikely.

So you ARE watching because you like conventions... weird. Even the people who're there don't look to be enjoying in that much.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 06:41 AM.

Holy talking points, Batman.

The "field of 17" included people who were out of it in very short order... even before the first votes were cast. That "field of 17" label is ridiculously dishonest and unnecessary, but it pops up everywhere. He got primary votes in a field of twelve, which dwindled very rapidly after the first few states. That's a hell of an accomplishment but it had to be inflated by 5 for people to find it even more remarkable, I guess.

People cheering a push to scuttle Trump's nomination would not have wound up with a better candidate even if that had succeeded; I don't think a lot of people supported that. Of course, at least letting the votes on processes be heard and counted appropriately would have been nice. It would also be great if light were shone on the issue AND people cared. I don't hold out hope for either thing, and both happening at once is astronomically unlikely.

So you ARE watching because you like conventions... weird. Even the people who're there don't look to be enjoying in that much.
    CPUd is backin' ya up!

Congratulations. You've secured a valuable ally.

lol,...

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CPUd is backin' ya up!

Congratulations. You've secured a valuable ally.

lol,...
    I don't need allies to be right.

I believe the potential Hillary supporters here are minimal. You can count them on your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I believe the potential Hillary supporters here are minimal. You can count them on your hand.
    Three.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Yeah, I could have done without him too. I had to mute him half way through.

But, luckily, he isn't the candidate and Trump's foreign policy speech was a 180 from Rudy's blather.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Hillary Clinton Verified account ‏@HillaryClinton 2h2 hours ago

Republicans have a lot of nice things to say—when it's not an election year. Thanks, Mayor Giuliani. #RNCinCLE

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/s...23154168066050
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I'm watching because I am voting for Trump. I have enjoyed some of the convention and some, not so much. The woman whose son was murdered in Benghazi. Wow. Her speech was amazing. Two of the survivors from Benghazi; they were interesting too. The families of some of the Americans murdered by illegal aliens; that was interesting too.
    ================

Without a value judgement on whether or not it's a correct assumption, those who support Trump on the site do so because they believe one of his characterizations (outsider, Conservative, "tells it like it is" etc.) is genuine. A few are the "better than Hillary" sort, but that doesn't lend itself to affirmative support, just an occasional comment.

Hillary has never tried to be an outsider. She's branded herself as caring and concerned and for the oppressed and free stuff (but not as much as Bernie! see what they did there?). It's less likely to make anyone on here enthused, even the few that went off to support Bernie. Yes. There were some.

The Convention is very toned down for obvious reasons. We hear scripted mumbo jumbo so as not to offend the donor class.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Convention crowd seemed very small lol.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 06:37 AM.

It took you until 2015 to arrive here and now you're telling everybody what this place is?

lol,...get da hell outta here.

The Liberty movement was over before you discovered it.
    Oh the truth stung on that one, and only 07 people will get that.
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 07-18-2016 at 10:09 PM.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

The Convention is very toned down for obvious reasons. We hear scripted mumbo jumbo so as not to offend the donor class.
    Trump says he is not beholden to the donors, why would he agree to be PC just for them?

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Oh truth stung on that one, and only 07 people will get that.
    Perceived '07 people. Some of us were around before we joined here, out doing other things, out garnering support, treading water and swimming here towing a dozen others when we finally arrived.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 06:36 AM.

The Indians lost today , but I still think they can win the american league.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Oh truth stung on that one, and only 07 people will get that.

Yo. Knock it off.

Some of us were pounding pavement in the 80s the old fashioned way while the new breed were still in their bedrooms jamming to Van Halen and flipping through pin-ups in their Hit Parader.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-18-2016 at 10:10 PM.

i posted here, and then ended up looking at the live stream from the RNC.

its after midnight here, however its only 9 p.m on the West Coast. the hall

is EMPTY almost. it won't fill up up again until a bit before 4 p.m EST tomorrow.

were they thinking of folks on the West Coast when trying to get things prime time?

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast