Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: **The Official** Republican Convention thread

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Trump is bad on the police state, retention of New Deal policies and overall spending. He's good on foreign policy, taxes, trade, immigration and the removal of unnecessary govt departments.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Very, but so is the threat of Trump.

Basically, the difference lies in which style of rhetoric you'd like to hear while they're $#@!ing you.
    I can't and won't argue that Trump won't suck. They all suck and they've all gotten worse. Hillary is proven to suck, Trump is presumed to suck.

I just want Hillary not on the TV any more. 20 years ago, I had more than enough of Clinton. But she's still here. Not gone. So, you know, Trump it is, for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    I can't and won't argue that Trump won't suck. They all suck and they've all gotten worse. Hillary is proven to suck, Trump is presumed to suck.

I just want Hillary not on the TV any more. 20 years ago, I had more than enough of Clinton. But she's still here. Not gone. So, you know, Trump it is, for me at least.
    Just remember anyone but Bush got us Obama, and he makes Bush look almost libertarian. Be careful what you wish for.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    His position on NATO is incoherent, leave it one day, stay another.

About the only consistent thing is he wants them to pay more.

..."take their $#@!" being a common theme of his foreign policy in general.

The plain truth is he knows nothing about foreign policy and cares even less.

He thought Belgium was a city for $#@!'s sake.

He's just making $#@! up as he goes along, to please the political needs of the moment.

He's actually for the most expensive and asinine form of amnesty possible, as demonstrated in the videos above.

He's for a 45% tariff. Call it what you will, it's terrible and unlibertarian policy.

I'd say that he's just making it all up as he goes along. I don't think we really have any real idea of what we'd get with Trump.

However, Hillary is proven to suck and they've all sucked.

I 100% get the idea of not voting for someone who sucks. My position on this one has shifted, my position from about 6 months ago was based on uncertainty as to who the candidates would be. Today, it's Hillary = proven to suck and Trump = merely likely to suck.

With Trump, you really can't be comfortable at all that he's going to do anything that he's saying, that he actually believes anything he's saying. So, that could be good or bad, maybe he doesn't believe at all in "Yay, Israel! More Spying!" His consultants have probably extensively focus group tested most of the major issues, and he's working basically from a Buchanan / Populist / protectionist / isolationist template. Maybe 20 years ago he looked at Buchanan and said "I would win with this script" and that's what we're seeing right now. He's a real estate developer though, so, most of what he knows has something to do with real estate development. So, there would likely be big gaps in knowledge there. That doesn't particularly bother me. He didn't go out of his way to single out Ron or Rand and screw them, so, at least in that regard, he's ok.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is bad on the police state, retention of New Deal policies and overall spending. He's good on foreign policy, taxes, trade, immigration and the removal of unnecessary govt departments.
    Add Supreme Court nominations and 2nd amendment as compared to Hillary and there you have it. There will be no taking the country back after Hillary.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The man who originally calculated that Trump had no chance of becoming President is coming around.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Dur. That's the singular driving force behind the Constitution.

'secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.' Go look up the word 'posterity', you charlatans.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-23-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Go look up the word 'posterity', you charlatans.
    Should we have proof of ancestry then?

I can think of another country that did that and it went super well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Just remember anyone but Bush got us Obama, and he makes Bush look almost libertarian. Be careful what you wish for.
    how did anyone but Bush get us Obama?

Bush won in 2000, 2004. Obama won in 2008, 2012.

Both Trump and Hillary are presumed to suck. There will be a President. Hillary is proven to suck.

It's not like there are, or have ever been good choices in November.
    The US is the 2nd worst country in the world next to Israel, and that's likely to continue no matter who is elected. Everybody in charge of everything big in the US is awful, and getting worse.

But Hillary is a disgusting pig and I don't want her to be President, so I'll vote for Trump. "But what if things go bad?" Things are always the worst ever. Yeah, things will probably be bad. Trump will probably be the worst President ever, Hillary definitely would be.

Hillary just sickens me more than Obama did or does. I can't really explain why. I don't want her to be President.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627