Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: **The Official** Republican Convention thread

I guess we shouldn't be surprised that they lifted part of Michelle's speech; Trump really likes her speeches.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...65239196876801

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Mats Holberg ‏@matsholberg 3m3 minutes ago

Can you imagine the horror when racists realize they clapped for a black woman's speech? #RNCinCLE

https://twitter.com/matsholberg/stat...61486407098368
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Russia tried to fight ISIS also. Hillary suggested a no fly zone aginst them and later said Putin was like Hitler.

Hillary is truly under the control of the crazies in the basement. (The neocons)

If you think they won't initiate a war with Russia, you haven't been paying attention.
    I'd rather us not go to war with anyone but if we are going to go to war it might as well be against a competent foe. I'm not a big fan of bullies personally.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Here it is, in all its hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    I'd rather us not go to war with anyone but if we are going to go to war it might as well be against a competent foe. I'm not a big fan of bullies personally.
    A war initiated by the neocons against Russia would get many people killed and has the potential to escalate into WW3.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    A war initiated by the neocons against Russia would get many people killed and has the potential to escalate into WW3.
    It will not be my actions that bring it about. Nor will it be my actions that bring about war with Iran. I'll instead work to avoid going into any wars even if the odds are against us.

Rudy sure got that crowd fired up....

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The Cruz people are literally DERANGED. Abstaining would be one thing, but Hillary?

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2016/07/...yell-cruzlims/

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    EX-GOP Yvette ‏@msvette2u 10m10 minutes ago

Trump Supporters Threaten to Kill Utah RNC #NeverTrump Delegate http://libertyviral.com/trump-suppor...-rnc-delegate/ … via @libertyVIral

https://twitter.com/msvette2u/status/755294277077340160
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Having supporters like these, what does it say about Trump and his control over messages coming out of Convention?

Prime-Time RNC Speaker Claims Obama Is ‘Absolutely’ A Muslim

“We had a Muslim president for seven and a half years.”

07/18/2016 11:44 pm 23:44:01 | Updated 1 hour ago
    Marina Fang Associate Politics Editor, The Huffington Post

Antonio Sabato Jr., featured as a prime-time speaker Monday night at the Republican National Convention, said President Barack Obama is “absolutely” a Muslim.

“I don’t believe the guy is a Christian,” Sabato said. “I don’t believe the guy follows the God that I love and the Jesus that I love. If you follow his story, if you understand about Obama, I mean, that’s not a Christian name, is it?”
    When ABC’s Amna Nawaz noted that Obama attends church regularly, Sabato continued to assert that he is not a Christian.
    “I have met a lot of Christians, know a lot of Christians. I am one, and I don’t believe he is,” Sabato continued. “I believe that he’s on the other side.”
    Asked to elaborate, Sabato said that he meant “the Middle East, the bad side.”
    “We had a Muslim president for seven and a half years,” he said.
    “You believe President Obama is a Muslim?” Nawaz asked.
    “Absolutely, absolutely,” Sabato responded.
    GOP presumptive nominee Donald Trump, a renowned conspiracy theorist, has repeatedly questioned Obama’s birthplace and faith.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0fa896c3fca7e

Happens in every election cycle in which there is an Obama, at least Melania is not the candidate even if she did copy a Barack Obama's tried and tested tactic. To be fair, her US born husband can speak without teleprompter for hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfGTXaqoWQ

Bush speechwriter accuses Obama of plagiarism in State of the Union

updated 4:41 a.m. EST, Tue February 19, 2008

Obama, Clinton camps point to borrowed rhetoric

Story Highlights

• Phrase in Obama speech similar to that of Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick
    • Clinton: "If your whole candidacy is about words, then they should be your own"
    • Obama downplays significance, says: "Clinton has used words of mine as well"

(CNN) -- Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama each accused the other of borrowing portions of their presidential campaign speeches Monday.

The Clinton campaign accused Obama of borrowing from a close supporter, and the Illinois senator responded by saying his own words have been used by Clinton.

On a conference call with reporters, Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson said it was clear Obama had "lifted rhetoric" from Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.
    Late Monday, Clinton followed up with a swipe of her own.
    "If your whole candidacy is about words, then they should be your own words," Clinton said in Madison, Wisconsin. "That's what I think."

Obama downplayed the significance of the accusation.
    "I've written two books, wrote most of my speeches. So I think putting aside the question ... in terms of whether my words are my own, I think that would be carrying it too far," Obama said.
    "Deval and I do trade ideas all the time, and you know he's occasionally used lines of mine," Obama said.

Obama said he also used some of Deval's words at a Jefferson-Jackson dinner in Wisconsin.
    "I would add I've noticed on occasion Sen. Clinton has used words of mine as well," said Obama. "As I said before, I really don't think this is too big of a deal."
    Obama campaign officials said Clinton had a pattern of borrowing from some of her rival's signature phrases, including "Yes, We Can" and "Fired Up, Ready to Go." They circulated a YouTube video and list of these alleged instances to reporters.
    The Clinton campaign earlier pointed to similarities between the words of Obama and Patrick that have raised eyebrows and attracted traffic on YouTube.
    A central passage in a speech Obama gave Saturday -

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/...ml?eref=rss_us

https://twitter.com/ninamills/status/755296494932987906

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    Rudy sure got that crowd fired up....

Good God, don't let AF see the part at 2:22 he will have a heart attack..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

“Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to make something very clear, blue lives matter in America. I stand before you tonight with a heavy heart, as the law enforcement community prepares to bury three of Baton Rouge, Louisiana’s finest. But there is some good news out of Baltimore, Maryland as Lieutenant Brian Rice was acquitted on all charges in the malicious prosecution of activist State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby.”
    Last edited by CPUd; 07-19-2016 at 01:30 AM.

Americans are easily impressed.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/ninamills/status/755296494932987906
    $#@! this ugly pig Michelle. Bring back my kids birthday parties at school.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

That's genius. Also raceless as well. Michelle Obama has known English for 50 years. I don't know how long Melania has. Michelle Obama also had a good father & all she does is trash men.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Such bull $#@!, we are safer then ever, except from police. Police officer deaths are the lowest in American history.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Giuliani channeled his inner Hitler. If he has any position in a Trump presidency I'm leaving the country. Day one of the RNC was $#@!in scary.

This is NOT going to end well....

Last edited by devil21; 07-19-2016 at 03:37 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Eggs and rocks aren't on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    No whole fruit or baseballs allowed. Heh. That cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Giuliani channeled his inner Hitler. If he has any position in a Trump presidency I'm leaving the country. Day one of the RNC was $#@!in scary.

This is NOT going to end well....
    Sure you are. Be sure to post from your new home country. Half the country threatens to leave every four years, yet they are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    Rudy sure got that crowd fired up...
    Yeah, that ought to concern you...

I can guarantee you this: Rudy would not be giving this speech at a Ron Paul nominating convention.

Geez, that guy is scary!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast