Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Uncovers $500,000.00 NIH Grant Studying People’s Fondness for Spicy Foods

Sen. Rand Paul Uncovers $500,000.00 NIH Grant Studying People’s Fondness for Spicy Foods

Sen. Rand Paul Uncovers $500,000.00 NIH Grant Studying People’s Fondness for Spicy Foods

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Rand Paul today released the latest edition of ‘The Waste Report,’ which is an ongoing project cataloguing egregious examples of waste within the U.S. government.

In the latest edition, Sen. Paul uncovers the National Institutes of Health (NIH) spending $500,000.00 to study people’s rejection threshold for spice and bitterness.

“Our government is spending funds like drunken sailors, but at least sailors spend their own money. This is taxpayer money that is just being wasted! No matter what the result from these wasteful studies, one thing is clear, they leave a bitter taste in taxpayer’s mouths” Stated Senator Paul.

‘The Waste Report’ can be found below.

Since 2011, one researcher at the Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) has received approximately half a million dollars to study people’s rejection threshold for spice and bitterness. The study found people seeking sensation like spice, but generally personality has no relation to liking spicy foods.

A paper associated with this study explored the correlation between one’s personality and their affinity for spicy foods. Surprisingly, the same paper discovered that “as expected, a strong relationship was found between liking spicy foods and frequency of chili consumption.”

Additionally, similar egregious studies have been uncovered by the office of Senator Rand Paul. One such study sought to determine what level of bitterness was objectionable for chocolate milk consumers. The result: People with a preference for dark chocolate are able to tolerate 2.3 times more bitterness than those who prefer milk chocolate. A third, and also separate study explored the bitterness in wine and how one’s wine expertise predicts willingness to try new wines and foods.

The combined cost for all of these studies? Taxation from nearly 70 average Americans working for an entire calendar year.
    https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/pre...or-spicy-foods

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How much did the "waste report" cost?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

A third, and also separate study explored the bitterness in wine and how one’s wine expertise predicts willingness to try new wines and foods.
    I wasn't studied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

"A strong relationship was found between liking spicy foods and frequency of chili consumption."

Groundbreaking study. Why would anyone consider this study a waste of taxpayer's money? I think we need more studies like this; why limit the studies to just spicy foods? We need to determine once and for all if people who like salty things enjoy pretzels and if those who like sweet things enjoy more candy. We won't know the answers to these puzzling mysteries until millions more are spent on this important research.

A paper associated with this study explored the correlation between one’s personality and their affinity for spicy foods. Surprisingly, the same paper discovered that “as expected, a strong relationship was found between liking spicy foods and frequency of chili consumption.”
    No $#@!.
    "I am a bird"

muh grants
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

It is endorphins. I get high eating the stuff.

$500,000 ain't chit I wanna know where the wasted billions and trillions go.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    muh grants
    That's it. Government grants. So many people make a living off of them. Come up with a study, apply for grants, you get paid for the year. Repeat annually.

Absolutely no reason for this to be a government funded study.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    They fall out of helicopters like manna from heaven. The helicopters spend a lot of time hoovering over Wall St, but they also love to do foreign missions.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That's it. Government grants. So many people make a living off of them. Come up with a study, apply for grants, you get paid for the year. Repeat annually.

Absolutely no reason for this to be a government funded study.
    For sure.

Federal grants are "awesome", and not just for 50+ year old life-long "students". (I know one "student" who has lived off of education grants and "student work programs" her entire adult life)

Those who pay for the privilege to play, such as our special niche accounting firm, also make money on the Federal grants. Gotta make sure the fenced goods are being used for their intended purposes, or the beggars won't get any Fed $ the next time around. Fed grants require $pecial reporting.

Through my accountant wife, I've been around non-profit auditing for around 13 years. We have seen a lot of the "good" that grants bring. I am confident to say, the "ethical use of stolen monies", is an incredible waste of resources that does more harm than good. Get rid of that thieving third party, and let relationships and an accountable helping hand, grow stronger naturally.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    It is called Social Security and Medicare. Entitlements are 2/3rds of the budget. That is the biggest leak in the budget by far.

It turns out telling old people that they are greedy pigs isn't very popular. http://time.com/4168519/rand-paul-social-security/ It is much easier to talk about all these wasteful grants.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    How much did the "waste report" cost?
    Should not be much , one guy on the staff should be able to turn one out in a week ea yr . Once you do the first one the rest will be quicker because most things will still be current next time . Where I worked last , every couple years my boss would ask for a list of building repairs .I could just bring up my last one , erase a couple of things I had fixed myself and print it again .