Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Theories On Why "Outsider" Trump Picks Establishment Hack As V.P.?

Any Theories On Why "Outsider" Trump Picks Establishment Hack As V.P.?

I'm all ears...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because picking Christie or Gingrich would get him mocked even worse than they are mocking the new logo. Also, cause Ivanka told him to.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Because Trump was never really an outsider. He hobnobbed with the highest members of both parties.

[IMG]https://********************************/2015/11/5576065.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop= 1[/IMG]

Only rustbelt & midwest Republican / Radio host not to trash him & coincidentally he is bland & less problematic as the others.

Main reason he is a blank slate. Like the VP is going to bully Trump into war with Putin some suicidal policy.

John Hoeven

Branstad & Rep. King not on same page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIzgTNzw62c

http://www.nebraskademocrats.org/node/1237

Wall Street Pete: Seventeen Ways to Say "Amnesty"

You also have gun grabber Pat Toomey.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 07-16-2016 at 12:32 AM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

I think it was an attempt to win over voters. He was convinced that he needs to go after the GOP 'base' instead of going after Hillary.

eta: and I think he is way to weak of a candidate for his theory to work.

etax2: hahahaha, neg rep from a Trump supporter with Rand in his name:

seth mcfarlane is not a libertarian you cuck
    I $#@!ing love irony.
    Last edited by P3ter_Griffin; 07-16-2016 at 12:52 AM.

Trump said all along he wanted a Washington insider to help him "navigate" the system. Pence came with the least baggage.

First, what prominent "outsider" was available? Sessions and Buchanan are the only two guys in the GOP that match Trump's ideology and Buchanan is too old and Trump needs Sessions in the Senate.

Second, with Trump now starting to pull away from Hillary in the polls, his strategy from here on out will be to play it safe. The safest strategy when it comes to VP selection is to pick the most boring guy available. It doesn't get any more boring then Pence. Trump's VP selection has generated barely any media attention (just as Trump wanted) and Trump can now put Pence away in his drawer and not even think about him again till the first funeral Trump doesn't want to attend comes up.

outside pressure, he was reluctant to pick Pence

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Life insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Life insurance?
    Would seem the opposite. If Trump turns out to be anti-establishment (aint gonna happen) then picking an establishment VP just puts him at great risk. If Trump was an outsider he might have picked Catherine Austin Fitts. My guess is that Trump will play ball with the establishment and will not be a threat to them in any way.
    Last edited by anaconda; 07-16-2016 at 05:47 AM.

It's a $#@!ing vp pick not a declaration of war. People are watching Trump to the detriment of their health.

Also I find that the logo talk is hilarious. First shows how immature opposition is and also spreads that Trump is an alpha. He is playing you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Because Trump was never really an outsider. He hobnobbed with the highest members of both parties.

[IMG]https://********************************/2015/11/5576065.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop= 1[/IMG]
    This

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    First, what prominent "outsider" was available? Sessions and Buchanan are the only two guys in the GOP that match Trump's ideology and Buchanan is too old and Trump needs Sessions in the Senate.

Second, with Trump now starting to pull away from Hillary in the polls, his strategy from here on out will be to play it safe. The safest strategy when it comes to VP selection is to pick the most boring guy available. It doesn't get any more boring then Pence. Trump's VP selection has generated barely any media attention (just as Trump wanted) and Trump can now put Pence away in his drawer and not even think about him again till the first funeral Trump doesn't want to attend comes up.
    ^^^This. Trump picked a bland establishment guy with appeal to evangelicals, to shut the donors up. The vetting that was done was simply to ensure he would be loyal to Trump, and would get with his program, not the reverse.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    It's a $#@!ing vp pick not a declaration of war. People are watching Trump to the detriment of their health.

Also I find that the logo talk is hilarious. First shows how immature opposition is and also spreads that Trump is an alpha. He is playing you guys.
    Not as badly as he is playing his supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Would seem the opposite. If Trump turns out to be anti-establishment (aint gonna happen) then picking an establishment VP just puts him at great risk. If Trump was an outsider he might have picked Catherine Austin Fitts. My guess is that Trump will play ball with the establishment and will not be a threat to them in any way.
    Now, Catherine Austin Fitts would have been an outsider pick for sure!

Now, Catherine Austin Fitts would have been an outsider pick for sure!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^ Yep! Intelligent, experienced, well-spoken, and female. She could totally have mixed things up. Instead, Trump picks Pence. Don't get me wrong: the Pence pick will likely please the neocons, teocons and evangelicals, but that is a limited strategy.

1. Trump (and his children) didn't want him to spend his money. They rather spend Other People's Money: GOP establishment money.
    2. He doesn't know electoral map because he should have gone with santorum to go after even more blue collar conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not as badly as he is playing his supporters.
    I sleep well at night. You on other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I sleep well at night. You on other hand...
    <<<Yawn.>>>

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

...nothing's changed...the **********s are merely morphing into trum'pence'es...

^^ Yep! Intelligent, experienced, well-spoken, and female. She could totally have mixed things up.
    "Mixing things up" is the last thing Trump wants. He and his team feel they have this thing in the bag. All they have to do is ground and pound Hillary on Immigration, Trade, and Terror and they walk away with the election. They don't want somebody who is going to make a huge splash and allow Crooked Hillary and the Media something else to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    "Mixing things up" is the last thing Trump wants.

From the very beginning, Trump has stirred the pot. And Trump is behind even loser Romney and loser McCain on the female vote: Trump's down to 35% of female voters. A female VP on the GOP side would have neutralized Hillary's "I'm a woman/You're sexist" argument.

All they have to do is ground and pound Hillary on Immigration, Trade, and Terror and they walk away with the election.
    That's all they have to do? Really? Isn't what they've been doing for many months? And isn't Clinton still ahead in nearly every poll?

Who cares? Trump still sucks.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    ^^^This. Trump picked a bland establishment guy with appeal to evangelicals, to shut the donors up. The vetting that was done was simply to ensure he would be loyal to Trump, and would get with his program, not the reverse.
    Donors? I thought he was self-funding and not beholden to special interests.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump closed his introduction by effectively mocking his running mate as a slippery politician who bent to powerful interests on the eve of the Indiana primary to support Trump's opponent, Sen. Ted Cruz. "Governor Pence, under tremendous pressure from establishment people, endorsed somebody else," Trump said in New York. "But it was more of an endorsement for me." Trump called it "the greatest non-endorsement I ever received."
    Can Rand Paul filibuster the nomination of Donald Trump yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump says one thing, then says the complete opposite. The "self-funding" thing was BS; we all know this.

He knows that he needs to win back the support among the Republican base that he lost during the primaries.

Trump says one thing, then says the complete opposite. The "self-funding" thing was BS; we all know this.
    The self-funding was the $50-60 million Trump spent in the primaries, to become the nominee independent of the donors. Since the point of that was to give him maximum leverage over the establishment gang, Trump has kept his options open for the fall campaign.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast