Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's official -- Trump picks Mike Pence as his running mate

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    I don't know about you guy but he has picked some of the best Miss Americas in history!
    He has the best FP experience because he also picked the best Miss Universes.

Trump attributes Russia knowledge to hosting Miss Universe pageant there
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Some guy on TV just said that Pence is "Tea Party", so it must be a good thing for Ron and Rand supporters...

/s
    im unfamiliar with pence, is he supported by some people who identify with the tea party or is this sarcasm ?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What the serious F? Don't know what Trump was thinking, but this is a very, very bad pick on so many levels - not the least of which is the reality that if he will not turn to the dark side, someone who will is one gun shot away.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    What the serious F? Don't know what Trump was thinking, but this is a very, very bad pick on so many levels - not the least of which is the reality that if he will not turn to the dark side, someone who will is one gun shot away.
    i don't know much about pence, what's so bad about him?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    im unfamiliar with pence, is he supported by some people who identify with the tea party or is this sarcasm ?
    He's about as tea party as they claimed Paul Ryan was back in 2012.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Trump was pretty obvious as establishment from the get go. $#@!ty policies and no policies and no credible track record made him a no vote for me. No surprise that he picks an errand boy of the bankers.

It's what we've been telling you all along. Are you finally ready to hear it? Or are you going to find a different way to deal with your cognitive dissonance?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

WOW Trump is sure an OUTSIDER! By picking establishment hack Pence as a running mate. Trump is a joke.

i don't know much about pence, what's so bad about him?
    His big negatives are foreign policy and trade, he has more positives though than people may lead you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It's what we've been telling you all along. Are you finally ready to hear it? Or are you going to find a different way to deal with your cognitive dissonance?
    Listen to who? The Johnson/Weld globalist bootlickers? No thanks.

Most people here who said they were voting for Trump were always up front that he was an imperfect candidate. Besides the Constitution Party candidate, who doesn't stand a chance in hell, he's still the only candidate who is against TPP, the overrun of our borders by illegal aliens and bringing in more Muslim refugees.

What's your option?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Listen to who? The Johnson/Weld globalist bootlickers? No thanks.
    Always this with you... I suppose I need to add another disclaimer.

Criticism of Trump should not be construed as an endorsement of Hillary... Or Johnson.
    Criticism of Hillary should not be construed as an endorsement of Trump... Or Johnson.
    Criticism of Johnson should not be construed as an endorsement of Trump or Hillary.

Is that clearer? Now can you stick to the friggin' topic without the deflection? Or...

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I keep wondering if Trump really wants to win this. He may be shocked it's gone this far and wants out.
    That's what I'm thinking.

There's no rational defense for this. Fans of Trump will seek to figure out some spin, portraying it as a savvy move to once again stymie those hated liberals in the mainstream media. They're welcome to think that. In reality, Trump badly fumbled one of the first moments during which he was tasked with making an important, high-profile decision in the eyes of the American public. He and his campaign aren't by any measure doomed as a result, but that one might be in a position to wonder how a VP roll-out might damage a campaign suggests that things did not go as well as they might have.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ss-once-again/

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Always this with you... I suppose I need to add another disclaimer.

Criticism of Trump should not be construed as an endorsement of Hillary... Or Johnson.
    Criticism of Hillary should not be construed as an endorsement of Trump... Or Johnson.
    Criticism of Johnson should not be construed as an endorsement of Trump or Hillary.

Is that clearer? Now can you stick to the friggin' topic without the deflection? Or...
    When you stop bloviating.

No one thinks Trump is perfect. He's just loads better than the alternatives. You have been told this over and over again. Yet, here you are back at it.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Heard several sources say that Pence is "Tea Party". Hannity was saying it yesterday, claimed that Pence was the first politician to speak at a Tea Party event.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    When you stop bloviating.

No one thinks Trump is perfect. He's just loads better than the alternatives. You have been told this over and over again. Yet, here you are back at it.
    Yes, because some people believe that if they say something over and over again that makes it true.

I was thinking the same thing. Trump just put a big ol' NeoCon bulls-eye right in the middle of his forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Trump just put a big ol' NeoCon bulls-eye right in the middle of his forehead.
    I was thinking the same thing as do allot of people it seems. Trump, Trump's family and his advisors would have to see it to. If it is that obvious maybe Pence is not who we think is or maybe the other way around.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I saw Pence speak live at the SRLC in 2010. He was loudly booed by the RP faction when he bellowed "America stands with Israel!"

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    I saw Pence speak live at the SRLC in 2010. He was loudly booed by the RP faction when he bellowed "America stands with Israel!"
    It's a perfect match:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic