Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 60 feared dead and shots fired as lorry RAMS into crowd celebrating Bastille Day

At least 60 feared dead and shots fired as lorry RAMS into crowd celebrating Bastille Day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ions-Nice.html

A lorry ran down a large group of people in the southern French city of Nice during a suspected terrorist attack. At least 50 people are feared dead with more than 100 injured during the Bastille Day attack.
    Eyewitnesses have reported that hostages have been taken in two hotels and a restaurant in the city.
    Gunshots rang out in the streets, with gunmen targeting hotels and cafes in the port city as residents were warned to lock themselves in doors for their safety. Hostages have been taken in a hotel in the city. The RAID anti-terror squad has been deployed to the city.
    Hundreds of people were watching fireworks along the promenade when the attack began.
    It is believed the gunmen are holding hostages in the Meridien Hotel, the Hotel Negresco and the Buffalo Grill restaurant.
    A lorry rammed into a large group of people who were celebrating Bastille Day before gunmen started firing.
    A spokesman for the Alpes Maritime prefecture advised locals to 'stay indoors' as gunfire was heard, and a lorry was driven into a crowd on the Promenade des Anglais.
    Eyewitnesses said there were 'bodies everywhere' with at least 100 people injured.
    The truck driver is believed to have crashed his vehicle and jumped out and started shooting.
    Police are also searching for an accomplice.
    At this stage, police are describing the incident as 'a major criminal attack'.
    Sebastian Humbert, prefect for the Alpes - Martime area said: 'A truck rammed into the crowd over a long distance, which explains this extremely heavy toll.'
    He said the driver has been shot dead by police. They are currently hunting for a second attacker.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4EQQ50BhV
    Follow us: @MAIlOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In before "ban assault trucks" joking begins.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Did it have a flip-up headrest thingie?

Well $#@!. A co-worker just went to France. It's doubtful she's in that (statistics alone) but it's going to make the trip a bit of a trial.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    might be a good idea to license steering wheels separately....

I knew they were coming someday.

I think I've always known.

They are here....

When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

They drive on the right in France, just like we do here......

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Well $#@!. A co-worker just went to France. It's doubtful she's in that (statistics alone) but it's going to make the trip a bit of a trial.
    Fox News was interviewing someone known to the station. Greta asked her some softball question, about "How is this going to ruin your vacation," and the answer was even worse. "I know it sounds shallow, but we came here to do a bit of shopping, and now the area will be closed to shopping, you see, so we won't be able to shop."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/europe/nice-france-truck/

At least 73 people were killed Thursday night when a large truck plowed through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, France, the Nice prosecutor's office said, according to French media.

The driver pointed his tractor-trailer into the crowd and accelerated, mowing bodies over. The driver was shot to death, authorities said. At least 100 people were injured, authorities said.

Here are the latest developments in the tragedy:

• The attack in Nice, France, began when an occupant of the truck shot into the crowd and then drove for 2 kilometers along the pavement of the Boulevard des Anglais, the main street in Nice, regional President Christian Estrosi told CNN affiliate BFM-TV. He said police later found firearms, explosives and grenades in the truck.

• Anti-terror prosecutors have joined the investigation, according to BFMTV, citing the Prosecutor's office.

• Preliminary information from French officials is that there was one individual in the truck, according to a U.S. law enforcement official briefed on the attack. The individual, a male, was killed by police and it does not appear there was any gunfire from the truck, according to the official.

• Subprefect Sebastien Humbert, of the Alpes-Maritimes region, described the incident as a "major criminal attack," according to AFP.

• The driver of the truck that drove into the crowd was shot dead by police, said Pierre-Henry Brandet, a spokesman for French Interior Ministry. There was no hostage situation at any point, he said.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Fox News was interviewing someone known to the station. Greta asked her some softball question, about "How is this going to ruin your vacation," and the answer was even worse. "I know it sounds shallow, but we came here to do a bit of shopping, and now the area will be closed to shopping, you see, so we won't be able to shop."
    This is becoming a bigger tragedy than I had imagined.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Yeah that... yeah.

To clarify, the co-worker is there as part of a school trip for one of her grandchildren, so it's a large group of teens and a few adults, most of them out of the country for the first time. Definitely going to be difficult for them to navigate the situation.

It's stupid for a "news" outlet to put that out there as a primary concern, though. That's a huge number of injured, and even as they keep mentioning the truck, there are also mentions of shots fired at restaurants and the like. That death toll may climb.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    This is becoming a bigger tragedy than I had imagined.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

According to GW Bush he made the world safer.
    I wonder how he can sleep at nights.

Kinda a new play on the whole "let them eat cake" thing. Come to think of it that happened in France too
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

What joke? This is deadly serious. France can only get a handle this problem if they enact common-sense truck control and maybe triple Islamic immigration numbers again. That should fix everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post

The guys jumped out of the truck and began shooting. Allahu Akhbar, etc. ISIS has taken credit, apparently.

http://www.vocativ.com/340859/reveng...e-nice-attack/
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/144761...terror-attack/
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 07-14-2016 at 07:13 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We just need more illegal aliens and "refugees". That will fix everything on up.

/s
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

"Gun Free Zone" France is done the Radical Islams have won.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    The guys jumped out of the truck and began shooting. Allahu Akhbar, etc. ISIS has taken credit, apparently.

http://www.vocativ.com/340859/reveng...e-nice-attack/
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/144761...terror-attack/
    The terrorist was from Tunisia.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    We just need more illegal aliens and "refugees". That will fix everything on up.

/s
    This is the plan:

(1) Import more muslims from questionable states to our shores
    (2) Unleash terrorist cells that have come under the cover of refugee status
    (3) create domestic chaos that overwhelms local law enforcement
    (4) Government responds by suspending the bill of rights and other civil liberties to combat the 'threat'

That is why we need to keep them out. The globalists have a role for the Muslims to play and it's not a noble one.

France is a powderkeg. More than 1 of 3!

in before the crisis actors are raised from the dead

Were any Officers injured?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Im not a conspiracy guy, and I am not suggesting a conspiracy, but if the driver ran over 60+ people with the truck, shouldn't there be blood on the front of it?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

What does a Tunisian have against Nice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Im not a conspiracy guy, and I am not suggesting a conspiracy, but if the driver ran over 60+ people with the truck, shouldn't there be blood on the front of it?
    I dont think there would be blood splatter because that would require the truck to be going very fast... so fast that it causes the body to literally rupture open (deer + 60mph car). Plus, the truck is flat so its like being hit by a wall, unlike a car where the front is pointed. Most of hte blood will be under the truck I imagine as the wheels crushes the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    How high is the front bumper clearance?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What does a Tunisian have against Nice ?
    A brief history...

http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/...historyid=ac93

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

wow

We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast